Please Admit This Season Was Disappointing

MacAddict104

Theres a lot of good people in these forums who try to find positives in this team. I admire your outlook but let's gets serious, this season was a failure of big proportions.

It makes me sick to hear things like "oh we'll at least we beat New England" or "well we are better than we thought they'd be." Who cares? This is the same loser mentality that's the reason we haven't been competitive for over a decade.

It's annoying that so many fans are content with losing, or are cool with people laughing when you tell them you're a Bills fan, or are ok with a team that consistently delivers a poor product year-after-year. "well a losing team is better than NO team," they'll say. Are you sure about that? I'd rather have these losers out of my town.

Face it, until things change and this team is sold, this culture of losing will continue. It starts at the top with Ralph and the men he hires to work for him. It trickles down from here.

The Buffalo Bills are considered a joke by most NFL fans and they deserve to carry that reputation with them

F

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dog likes to roll around in dead birds and other things that smell awful. Some people here are the same way with failure. They need to roll around and cover themselves in it. Then they want everyone else to do the same.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Right there is definitely something foul-smelling about this franchise.

You're right, most teams can recover from losing their

starting OLB

starting Pro Bowl NT

starting RB, #3 in the league rusher

starting OC

starting LT

backup LT

#2 CB

#2 WR

#3 WR

preseason #2 WR

It's unbelievable that they've fallen so far with just a few minor injuries.

Even at full-strength this team had some good breaks and luck. All teams have injuries, good ones find ways to overcome them. Look at Green Bay last year.

This is not a good team. This is a crap team and you are entrenched in the culture of losing by making excuses for them.

I love the Bills but they are pathetic and unlike you, I don't like cheering for a futile franchise

MacAddict104 is accurate in his basic premise that this season has been dissapointing. After being 3-0, 4-1, 5-2, we have simply run out of gas. It is another year in a string of frustating finishes and that can wear on you.

There are many reasons why this has happened, but there always seems to be a common thread; injuries, our scheme's being figured out, and below average performance from key positions in critical games.

I agree it is tough that we continually go through this, maybe because I'm younger (31), and my first memories are 1988 through 1999 our franchise finest 12 seasons in my opinion I am jaded. I don't remember going 0 for the decade against the Dolphins in the 70s. I don't remember the terrible teams of the early 80s. Put into perspective the past 12 seasons have been terrible.

I won't argue with the OP that there are many homers on board here who simply enjoy having the team. I respect their fanhood in particular PTR and guy who is the epitome of what I consider to be a Bills fan.

I believe a true fan can be critical of his franchise and demand results. Piling on MacAddict104 can be fun, but let's be honest, his sentiment is carried by most fans, and is the reason the Ralph will be missing 15,000-20,000 fans on Sunday.

Even at full-strength this team had some good breaks and luck. All teams have injuries, good ones find ways to overcome them. Look at Green Bay last year.

This is not a good team. This is a crap team and you are entrenched in the culture of losing by making excuses for them.

I love the Bills but they are pathetic and unlike you, I don't like cheering for a futile franchise

They may not be a good team, but they are certainly not a "crap" team and are far, far from being considered pathetic.

Let me ask you and all the doomsayers a question. Before the first snap on week 1, what was your prediction for their record this year? Be honest. Did you really think they would go 12-4 or 11-5? I would say most on here had them pegged in the 6-10 and 7-9 range. I had them pegged for 7-9 but wouldn't say that in public for fear of being ridiculed. Yet they're on pace to to exceed that in one of the tougher divisions in the league. Pathetic? Hardly. This organization was blown-up and gutted (thankfully) less than 2 years ago. That's not an excuse I'm making, it's fact. Did you honestly think that we would go from 4-12 to the playoffs? It would be nice, but it's not realistic thinking.

Too many fans flip-flop on and off the bandwagon on a weekly basis. 3-game winning streak? We're going to the Superbowl! 3-game losing streak? Burn down the stadium and move the team!

Look, we're not as good as the Jets. We're not as good as the Patriots either. But we are closing the gap, slowly but surely, even if you're unable to see it. Should a mediocre 8-8 record be considered acceptable? No, it shouldn't and it isn't - but it is what many astute football fans would consider realistic coming into this season.

TLDR: It's not our fault you thought they were going to the Superbowl after beating the Pats.

P.S. Ralph is cheap.

You make a fair point.

However, I want you to give us your honest opinion on just how you thought the Bills would do this season.

Anyone who says they thought we were gonna post a winning record and make the playoffs this year is either lying or delusional. This is a second year of a rebuild and most people had us pegged at 4-6 wins. In the larger context this is not really a disappointing season at all, it only is now because we were spoiled with a 5-2 start. That also could have easily been a 3-4 or 2-5 start without a few lucky breaks.

We have been decimated with injuries, but we've shown much improvement and that we are not a bad team at all, in fact one that could be a serious contender in the near future - we just have to play more consistent down the stretch.

I admit we looked awful during the Jets to Dolphins three game span. Other then those our losses were by 3, 3, and 4, on the road against good teams. So yes, apart from a baffling stretch of horrid playing, we are on the right path. There is no doubt were much improved from a team who started 0-8 last year.

Edited by Fitzyflakes67

I am dissapointed in how badly injuries have done this team in......I am not disaapointed in the Team at all.

I know this will fall on deaf ears to the OP.....but I will say it again....we have ALREADY surpassed our win total from last year.....we are in year number 2 of a rebiuld where the GM has been trying to recover this team from YEARS of mismanagement, poor drafting, and losing mentality.

We have a very young team and and years of middle of the road draft picks and have been forced to dumpster dive for talent......we also have an owner who does not open the purse strings for the good players....not that we would have been able to get them to come here anyway due to location and player mismanagement for years.

I think that for a while at the beginning of this season Chan Gailey gave us a TASTE of what this team could be like if they have another sucessful offseason.

Im not down on the team at all. I think Chan is a good coach....I still believe in Buddy Nix talent evaluation......we know what are needs are.

Face it.... We cheer for a team if losers. We'll always be losers until Ralph sells the team and changes the culture of losing

No before the season started the Bills could have been thought of this way. There was a large group of people who thought the Bills would be selecting Luck at number one. The irritating fact about Bills fans is we have so many sunshine Buffalo fans that join forums to talk about the Bills when they are on a winning streak but bash them when a major portion of the team is on injured reserve.

I talked to two so called Bills fans before the season started, both talk about how the Bills couldn't keep "talent" like Poz, Whitner, and Evans. I thought we were better without them, and it was a significant changing of the guard. I'd take this team with the porous D over any we've had since 2000. The team is young, exciting, and every week they have a possibility of winning. I thought last Sunday there was no way the Bills with all the injuries could go to New York and put that many points up and be in the game to win. I'm loving this team for the rest of the season and I can only dream what next year will be like with all the players come back off of injury.