Some of the issues I feel the Bills are faced with

7boogiewoogie

Chris Hairston is awful at left tackle, his mechanics are no different than Cordaro Howard who we cut at the beginning of the season. I've watched the Bills play with the exact same dysfunction for over 10 years now. ALL the elite teams in the NFL have offensive lines that stack the defense at the line of scrimmage giving their quarterback time to examine the field and make the best possible decision in terms of how to get rid of the ball. This also allows for a stronger running game to develop. You cannot back peddle giving the defender the running momentum to either run you over or get around you. Our original lineup this year was much stronger and for the first time in years I saw a team that was physical and could stack the line. Bell is best suited at LT, and with Urbik, Pears, Levitre, and Wood at center that was the combination that gave Fitz the time to react and make sound decisions. That lineup could handle a blitz and that's why Fitz was the least sacked quarterback in the league. The bottom line is we had horrible personnel that this new administration had to assess, dismantle, and make adjustments in a very short period of time. I believe that's why they drafted Spiller, they really didn't know there personnel and for everyone calling CJ a bust, it is paramount in this league that players get a real opportunity to learn and ultimately showcase there talents through ample playing time. I was under the impression that Chan was the type of coach that was able to utilize his talent by spreading his offense to maximize the talent he had. Unfortunately when he starting losing his key personnel that was supposed to be what the team was going to build off of he couldn't make the adjustments giving Fitz the time he needed to make good decisions, however our lack of experienced depth has magnified the problem. Losing the key additions this team made in the off season has set them back. Ryan will be an amazing quarterback when he has a sound, attack minded O-line that can stack the line. Imo offenses should act as if they are the defense and be in attack mode. This should eliminate the blitz especially if Chan uses his tight ends, fullback and running back to shore up when the d brings the safeties. It's tough to watch year in and year out when it's 3rd and 12 and we throw a pass to the line of scrimmage. Once again if we have a stout O-line we can change the defensive scheming in relationship to the opposing linebackers when we run. So long story short, get everyone healthy for next year add depth through the draft and now that buddy and co. have a clearer understanding of there strengths and weaknesses we should finally be headed in the right direction and be able to perform consistently. Personally I would like to give the kid from Dallas (Young) that we picked up off there practice squad some looks. Spread the ball for crying out loud... play action, draws, run CJ to the outside to keep the defense honest and he will get better and this should also improve Freddy's performance . CHANDLER, CHANDLER, CHANDLER, come on already use him like Brady uses his Tight ends. I like Kumar Aiken, I like Roosevelt, and once Nelson hits his stride he's a gamer too. Defense needs Kyle back and healthy,I hope Merriman's surgery solves his problem athletes do come back from this sort of injury and do well, but if he doesn't we need a serious pass rusher. Get rid of mcgee and Mckelvin and find corners that are ball hawks not guys that pride themselves on keeping up with receivers,what good is it that you keep up with the wideout but you let him catch the ball, once again mechanics, who's teaching these guys anyways...Jeez. Get a pass rush learn how to blitz bringing all the boys and not just some half ass attempt at trying to disrupt the quarterback. Btw how many people are tired of watching these guys miss tackle. Bottom line we need more depth and we need to stop being so damned predictable. I think during the Cincy game we needed a 1st down on three separate occasions and he ran freddy up the middle all three times. FAIL, Chan seems to be stubborn and all of a sudden I'm seeing a man who isn't sensing the rhythm of the game. I love my BILLS but let's adjust. One last note I heard Barnett say the difference when they were winning as opposed to now was a lack of passion. R u kidding me, heads hanging low??? you are multi millionaires playing in front of 70,000+ people week in and week out, living your dream. We are blue collar people and have more passion than you. I wish I was on the sideline for there games I would stoke a fire that they could never keep up during the course of the game. Another side note ever notice when coaches are trying to instruct there players on the sidelines and they don't even give them the respect of looking them in the eye, if I'm on that field first time one of my players disrespects me like that it will be the last time. I'm the best at what and with the money that we pay them so should they. They owe us success. It's time to rise to the occasion and destroy. GO BILLS!!!

Hey, OP. Check your keyboard. I think it's missing the 'enter' key.

But I want to thank you for introducing an entirely new football lingo to me.

Offensive lines that stack the defense at the line of scrimmage is an innovative concept to be sure. Are you a coach by any chance?

GO BILLS!!!

its funny we say it 100 different ways, we have no depth and the injuries are what has stopped the car. Mangini said the same thing on Mike and Mike Monday morning. I think most of us understand that...it's not Chan, it's not Fitzpatrick. Look around the league Tampa was 10-6 last year have had major injury issues on the D-line and they are having a bad season. Or the Chiefs last year 10-6 this year injuries with no depth. Jets 11-5 last year now they are 5-5. Green Bay was sitting at 7-4 last year after 11 games, you never know.

Chris Hairston is awful at left tackle, his mechanics are no different than Cordaro Howard who we cut at the beginning of the season. I've watched the Bills play with the exact same dysfunction for over 10 years now. ALL the elite teams in the NFL have offensive lines that stack the defense at the line of scrimmage giving their quarterback time to examine the field and make the best possible decision in terms of how to get rid of the ball. This also allows for a stronger running game to develop. You cannot back peddle giving the defender the running momentum to either run you over or get around you. Our original lineup this year was much stronger and for the first time in years I saw a team that was physical and could stack the line. Bell is best suited at LT, and with Urbik, Pears, Levitre, and Wood at center that was the combination that gave Fitz the time to react and make sound decisions. That lineup could handle a blitz and that's why Fitz was the least sacked quarterback in the league.

The bottom line is we had horrible personnel that this new administration had inherited so it takes time to assess, dismantle, and make adjustments in a very short period of time. I believe that's why they drafted Spiller, they really didn't know there personnel and for everyone calling CJ a bust, it is paramount in this league that players get a real opportunity to learn and ultimately showcase there talents through ample playing time. I was under the impression that Chan was the type of coach that was able to utilize his talent by spreading his offense to maximize the talent he had. Unfortunately when he starting losing his key personnel which was supposed to be what the team was going to be building off of, he couldn't make the necessary adjustments needed to give Fitz the time he needed to make good decisions, however our lack of experienced depth has magnified the problem. Losing the key additions this team made in the during the season has set them back. Ryan will be an amazing quarterback when he has a sound, attack minded O-line that can stack the line.

Imo offenses should act as if they are the defense and be in attack mode. This should eliminate the blitz especially if Chan uses his tight ends, fullback and running back to shore up when the d brings the safeties.

It's tough to watch year in and year out when it's 3rd and 12 and we throw a pass to the line of scrimmage. Once again if we have a stout O-line we can change the defensive scheming in relationship to the opposing linebackers/secondary when we run.

So long story short, get everyone healthy for next year add depth through the draft and now that Buddy and co. have a clearer understanding of there strengths and weaknesses we should finally be headed in the right direction and be able to perform consistently.

Personally I would like to give the kid from Dallas (Young) that we picked up off there practice squad some looks. Spread the ball for crying out loud... play action, draws, run CJ to the outside to keep the defense honest and he will get better and this should also improve Freddy's performance . CHANDLER, CHANDLER, CHANDLER, come on already use him like Brady uses his Tight ends. I like Kumar Aiken, I like Roosevelt, and once Nelson hits his stride he's a gamer too.

Defense needs Kyle back and healthy, I hope Merriman's surgery solves his problem, athletes do come back from this sort of injury and do well, but if he doesn't we need a serious pass rusher.

Get rid of mcgee and Mckelvin and find corners that are ball hawks not guys that pride themselves on keeping up with receivers,what good is it that you keep up with the wideouts but you let them catch the ball, once again mechanics, who's teaching these guys anyways...Jeez.

Get a pass rush learn how to blitz bringing all the boys and not just some half ass attempt at trying to disrupt the quarterback.

Btw how many people are tired of watching these guys miss tackle.

Bottom line we need more depth and we need to stop being so damned predictable. I think during the Cincy game we needed a 1st down on three separate occasions and he ran Freddy up the middle all three times. FAIL, Chan seems to be stubborn and all of a sudden I'm seeing a man who isn't sensing the rhythm of the game. I love my BILLS but let's adjust.

One last note I heard Barnett say the difference when they were winning as opposed to now was a lack of passion. R u kidding me, heads hanging low??? you are multi millionaires playing in front of 70,000+ people week in and week out, living your dream. We are blue collar people and have more passion than you. I wish I was on the sideline for there games I would stoke a fire that would light up their asses. If I was on the sidelines they would never be sulking by themselves. During the Dallas game Fitz looked isolated as he was watching the jumbo tron. It's funny when were winning we are on the side lines as a family but when were down it appears that we sullen.

Another side note, ever notice when coaches are trying to instruct there players on the sidelines and they don't even give them the respect of looking them in the eye, if I'm on that field first time one of my players disrespects me like that it will be the last time. I'm the best at what I do in my profession and with the money that we pay them so should they. They owe us success. It's time to rise to the occasion and destroy. GO BILLS!!!

I read the whole post. I agree with a lot of what you said. It sure is depressing watching the team fall apart like it is. I have a feeling it's going to get much worse too. Good post boogiewoogie.

Oh yeah, and don't pay much attention to the anal buttholes on the forum. There are lots of them. devil.gif

Edited by cantankerous

i swear to god.

I really want to read it. It looks interesting.

But my eyes glaze over. And my mind says "its not worth the headache, dude. If he wanted me to read it, he would have mixed in a paragraph or 5."

People who ask for Paragraphs aren't being jerks. We are asking for help. We come here to read and think, not to fall asleep.

ALL the elite teams in the NFL have offensive lines that stack the defense at the line of scrimmage giving their quarterback time to examine the field and make the best possible decision in terms of how to get rid of the ball. This also allows for a stronger running game to develop. You cannot back peddle giving the defender the running momentum to either run you over or get around you.

It's not a back peddle, it's a kick slide. A standard technique used by every olineman. If you don't use it, especially on the outside at tackle, and try to "stack" their rush at the line you have nothing to cut the defensive lineman's angle and will get burned. The use of it is what forms the pocket around the QB. If the olineman is getting pushed back that is because he is using poor technique by either not getting a good punch to stop the initial rush, having inside hand position or not being low enough.

Edited by Carey Bender

Chris Hairston is awful at left tackle, his mechanics are no different than Cordaro Howard who we cut at the beginning of the season. I've watched the Bills play with the exact same dysfunction for over 10 years now. ALL the elite teams in the NFL have offensive lines that stack the defense at the line of scrimmage giving their quarterback time to examine the field and make the best possible decision in terms of how to get rid of the ball. This also allows for a stronger running game to develop. You cannot back peddle giving the defender the running momentum to either run you over or get around you. Our original lineup this year was much stronger and for the first time in years I saw a team that was physical and could stack the line. Bell is best suited at LT, and with Urbik, Pears, Levitre, and Wood at center that was the combination that gave Fitz the time to react and make sound decisions. That lineup could handle a blitz and that's why Fitz was the least sacked quarterback in the league.

The bottom line is we had horrible personnel that this new administration had inherited so it takes time to assess, dismantle, and make adjustments in a very short period of time. I believe that's why they drafted Spiller, they really didn't know there personnel and for everyone calling CJ a bust, it is paramount in this league that players get a real opportunity to learn and ultimately showcase there talents through ample playing time. I was under the impression that Chan was the type of coach that was able to utilize his talent by spreading his offense to maximize the talent he had. Unfortunately when he starting losing his key personnel which was supposed to be what the team was going to be building off of, he couldn't make the necessary adjustments needed to give Fitz the time he needed to make good decisions, however our lack of experienced depth has magnified the problem. Losing the key additions this team made in the during the season has set them back. Ryan will be an amazing quarterback when he has a sound, attack minded O-line that can stack the line.

Imo offenses should act as if they are the defense and be in attack mode. This should eliminate the blitz especially if Chan uses his tight ends, fullback and running back to shore up when the d brings the safeties.

It's tough to watch year in and year out when it's 3rd and 12 and we throw a pass to the line of scrimmage. Once again if we have a stout O-line we can change the defensive scheming in relationship to the opposing linebackers/secondary when we run.

So long story short, get everyone healthy for next year add depth through the draft and now that Buddy and co. have a clearer understanding of there strengths and weaknesses we should finally be headed in the right direction and be able to perform consistently.

Personally I would like to give the kid from Dallas (Young) that we picked up off there practice squad some looks. Spread the ball for crying out loud... play action, draws, run CJ to the outside to keep the defense honest and he will get better and this should also improve Freddy's performance . CHANDLER, CHANDLER, CHANDLER, come on already use him like Brady uses his Tight ends. I like Kumar Aiken, I like Roosevelt, and once Nelson hits his stride he's a gamer too.

Defense needs Kyle back and healthy, I hope Merriman's surgery solves his problem, athletes do come back from this sort of injury and do well, but if he doesn't we need a serious pass rusher.

Get rid of mcgee and Mckelvin and find corners that are ball hawks not guys that pride themselves on keeping up with receivers,what good is it that you keep up with the wideouts but you let them catch the ball, once again mechanics, who's teaching these guys anyways...Jeez.

Get a pass rush learn how to blitz bringing all the boys and not just some half ass attempt at trying to disrupt the quarterback.

Btw how many people are tired of watching these guys miss tackle.

Bottom line we need more depth and we need to stop being so damned predictable. I think during the Cincy game we needed a 1st down on three separate occasions and he ran Freddy up the middle all three times. FAIL, Chan seems to be stubborn and all of a sudden I'm seeing a man who isn't sensing the rhythm of the game. I love my BILLS but let's adjust.

One last note I heard Barnett say the difference when they were winning as opposed to now was a lack of passion. R u kidding me, heads hanging low??? you are multi millionaires playing in front of 70,000+ people week in and week out, living your dream. We are blue collar people and have more passion than you. I wish I was on the sideline for there games I would stoke a fire that would light up their asses. If I was on the sidelines they would never be sulking by themselves. During the Dallas game Fitz looked isolated as he was watching the jumbo tron. It's funny when were winning we are on the side lines as a family but when were down it appears that we sullen.

Another side note, ever notice when coaches are trying to instruct there players on the sidelines and they don't even give them the respect of looking them in the eye, if I'm on that field first time one of my players disrespects me like that it will be the last time. I'm the best at what I do in my profession and with the money that we pay them so should they. They owe us success. It's time to rise to the occasion and destroy. GO BILLS!!!

as to what you say about the "stack"...every team in the NFL creates a "pocket" around the QB on passing plays...that would be when the LT and RT back peddle to filter, or push the rushing DE/OLD to the outside, to keep the inside advantage...there are SOME excecptions, such as play action passes when the LT/RT "run block" for a second, and then get into the pass blocking back peddle, but this back peddling is necessary for pass blocking purposes, plain and simple, has nothing to do with having good or bad tackles

as far as Fitzy being "an amazing QB" when he gets a solid O-line....he will never be amazing, he could be very serviceable to good, but he lacks to arm strength to ever be amazing (and I like Fitz and am glad they extended him )...

Also, I dont think players not looking a coach in the eye is "disrespect" whatsoever, sometimes they are still watching the game, looking away and thinking, simply ashamed at themselves...has nothing to do with not respecting the coaches (as a former athlete and current coach, you are looking wayyyy to hard into this one)..

all that said, good rant...but seriously man, learn how to use paragrahps and brevity - it will go a long ways on this board towards people actually reading and caring about what you post - unless you just want to rant, and in that case, fire away!