If the Bills do in fact finish 5-11...

...will Chan Gailey and/or Buddy Nix be fired? What do you think?

I think Gailey will start making some coaching changes, but IMO, I think Nix & Gailey's jobs are both safe. But, Gailey will be on a short leash after this season. If Gailey can't get this team turned around in 1-2 more years, he will get the boot.

I sure hope not. This team isn't ever going to get better if they change the coaching staff and FO every 3 years.

This isn't the Chargers where we fire our HC after going 14-2. All we do is replace incompetent coaches with other incompetent coaches. It doesn't matter if we do it after 2 years or 5. The end result is always the same. Until this team finally decides to get legitimate NFL coaches and spend some money on quality free agents, we'll continue to rebuild. We literally need to hit on a lot of draft picks if we're going to truly rebuild through the draft. So far, that's not the case.

This isn't the Chargers where we fire our HC after going 14-2. All we do is replace incompetent coaches with other incompetent coaches. It doesn't matter if we do it after 2 years or 5. The end result is always the same. Until this team finally decides to get legitimate NFL coaches and spend some money on quality free agents, we'll continue to rebuild. We literally need to hit on a lot of draft picks if we're going to truly rebuild through the draft. So far, that's not the case.

The HC isn't incompetent. He has a medicore-at-best QB, an injury decimated OL, one decent WR (who's clearly hurt), one very good RB, and a bad defense that has no pass rusher, is missing its best player and had to play four rookies today.

And the problem is the HC? Really?

I don't see that happening, because the Bills will be playing some other decimated teams, and there are 3 home games left. That being said, Wanny will be DC next year unless he gets a better offer.

:mellow:

The HC isn't incompetent. He has a medicore-at-best QB, an injury decimated OL, one decent WR (who's clearly hurt), one very good RB, and a bad defense that has no pass rusher, is missing its best player and had to play four rookies today.

And the problem is the HC? Really?

By that rationale, Jauron shouldn't have been fired.

Interesting that about four weeks ago, there were talks of Chan Gailey being Coach of the Year....now we're talking about if he'll get fired if the Bills tank the rest of the season. My how times have changed!

+1

5-11 is a distinct possibility with all of the injuries, but Buddy and Chan are safe. This team most obviously needs serious upgrades at OLB/DE, CB, and WR via the draft/FA.

They need to stop being so damn cheap and spend some of the cap money on key FA pickups that they pocket annually. I doubt that they'll change this philosophy however.

Will just continue to hope for the best moving forward.

Go Bills!!!

Chan is safe but he's not blameless. Chan hires the coaches he wants. Just as the front office is responsible for bringing in talent, and players are responsible for their performance, if a coach is performing as bad as Edwards, he better be fired at seasons end.

I think Gailey will start making some coaching changes, but IMO, I think Nix & Gailey's jobs are both safe. But, Gailey will be on a short leash after this season. If Gailey can't get this team turned around in 1-2 more years, he will get the boot.

Is it a shorter leash than if we lost the first 11, and then won the last 5?