Underlying Problem?

uncle flap

What are you talking about? They tried to go deep several times yesterday. Chan knows this.. he damn well knows that DC's are sitting on the short routes and our screens won't work if they are.. Sheesh.. The problem is that Fitz can't seem to connect deep consistently enough for opposing DC's to worry, or scheme for it. Right now they're daring in fact goading us into going deep, and in the event that Fitz's somehow manages to get the deep ball caught, it's still only once or twice a game, and that won't kill ANY opposing DC's game plan..

It absolutley is about execution, and right now, the boys aren't getting it done to any degree worthy of having opposing teams worry about us.

Tim-

I hope you're right. Don't think you are though. The offensive play calling was way too conservative, especially when we were down.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about? They tried to go deep several times yesterday. Chan knows this.. he damn well knows that DC's are sitting on the short routes and our screens won't work if they are.. Sheesh.. The problem is that Fitz can't seem to connect deep consistently enough for opposing DC's to worry, or scheme for it. Right now they're daring in fact goading us into going deep, and in the event that Fitz's somehow manages to get the deep ball caught, it's still only once or twice a game, and that won't kill ANY opposing DC's game plan..

It absolutley is about execution, and right now, the boys aren't getting it done to any degree worthy of having opposing teams worry about us.

Tim-

It's never the players' fault though.

The Bills have a big line, good fullback, and two very good rb's. When things are not going well why not run the darn football? The cowboys run d was very exploitable. Teams are taking away the passing game and chan is fighting it instead of shifting direction.

I like this point and agree

Honestly, every team has tape on every team, it's no excuse. The Redskins and Eagles had tape and we beat them, and we almost beat the Giants. The Jets just outplayed us due largely in part their talented D, and the Cowboys just tore our D apart putting us in a hole we couldn't climb out of. We DID move the ball, and coulda scored much more. Missed FG, tipped ball got picked, Jackson fumble, botched 4th down, a ton of dropped balls. It wasn't like we couldn't do anything...just SO many mistakes. We've really only been shut-down by two great pass defenses.

I mean, people know how to beat the Pats and slow down Brady. They have "film" on their recent losses, that doesn't mean it's always gonna happen. Sure we need some better play calling at times, but we need to execute better as a team. We need to play a balanced game on both sides of the ball.

And people say Fitz can't score, yet he put up solid numbers with a worse team last year against some solid defenses. There's a reason they kept him, he's obviously capable.

The first play from scrimmage with Ware being unaccounted for tells me that our head coach sucks.

Having McKelvin covering Dez Bryant at any point tells me that our head coach sucks.

Game over, season over, only a couple of minutes into the game. Did anyone here think they still had a chance after those two plays?????

Why's our season over with a winning 5-4 record? Because our head coach does in fact suck.

McKelvin is the only corner we have that has the jets to stay with Bryant! The other two are 5 yards slower than Bryant. WHAT IS YOUR BETTER IDEA?

I've always hated the blame the coach mentality most fans have. There were plays to be made yesterday (McKelvin on Bryant, Spiller deep, Jones a few times) and the Bills didn't make them. But it's easier to fire a coach than an entire team. Let's hope the team from the first 7 games shows up in Miami.

Three weeks ago, Chan was "megamind" and was widely considered to be an offensive genius. Now he's an idiot?

At some point players have to step up and make plays. If McKelvin turns 1/2 second sooner and interecept that pass the game may have gone very differently. Same is true of the half dozen plays that Florence blows every game.

During the early part of the season, the Bills were playing with fire in their guts. Whether that was because they were playing from behind or because they just were more intense, they played harder. The linemen and linebackers hit harder. The offensive line blocked better. The receivers cut harder. Every player was more intense. They seem to be much less intense now. They seem to have an attitude like they are good enough to just mail it in and win. The game planning and adjustments were better. I don't know why, but they are not the same team today. I think they can get it back, make a season of it, but they really need to have each player - and coach - be accountable.

Edited by Chas56

You get what you pay for. There is most likely a reason why Chan's name hasn't come up in a NFL head coaching job's discussion for a decade now, until the Bills last year.

unlike Shanny in Washington who was in every opening in the NFL and for 8 million dollars a year whatta the skins got ? This isn't about Chan it's about the roster and having no depth it's year two of a three year build. Enjoy the season to complain like we have a comparable roster shows a tremendous amount of ignorance

mr mcKelvin. i have not often to get down on a man, but after the first game i dreaded seeing 21 on the field when Mcgee went down again.

I see 21 in single coverage and i foresee big yards against. and it happens almost every game.

So either we have no choice but to leave him play man because he gets confused with zone coverage. we cannot stop the run if we cannot cover the outside one on one and we cant ever stack due to this weakness at that role. I pray that Williams can be as good as he seemsed to be and right now be healthy. we have one more year to field a team from our current staff. We are so young and very injured again. lets not hang the coaches yet. But i do have something for george E soon a swift kick in the behind! and this Wnastadt i was so excited for ... where is his influence? well lets ride the waves and see what the whole season holds for us. too soon for blame its never so simple as i imagine.

if we only went for that corner awesoumegaguy.

One more awesome corner and the depthplayers we have( but they might all be starters right now), and a big fast guy with hands who can create seperation quickly and then catch and run. and a LT and..Go Bills

He inherited Jaurons mess...after gutting that roster he went 4-12 now hes looking at going 7-9 - 8-8 until this team stops improving every year can we start calling for his head. This team needs more talent and a QB.

+1

Injuries to key players make it that much harder. Playoffs were a lot to ask this year . . . 8-8 would be a giant leap forward.

hailed as a genius through the first 5 weeks, now the underlying problem.

like the weather in Buffalo, wait a minute and it'll change.

sheesh.

jw

To be fair it's not the weather change, it is the results. The first 7 games the team was in every game. The last two were one sided.

When your winning you look smarter than the other guy when you are getting blown out, you don't.

Fans have grounds to at least ask if the Gailey-gun has been solved and if so can it adapt or is the talent defect now front and center again...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood