Underlying Problem?

uncle flap

I can imagine it would be a Fine line between asking too much of your young players and not enough. Geez i had enough trouble parenting 4 kids, much less a whole locker room full of them. But if they are not meeting their individual goals a swift kick in the behind might do them some good.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't agree at all, with you or coach. It's not the coaching or play calling, and the players are executing the best they can. See below:

We are a better team than last year, by alot. We are not a deep team on either side of the ball, but we are only in yr 2 of tearing Jaurons team apart and starting over. I think Chan and Nix are doing a hell of a job. A few weeks ago Chan was a genious, now it's his fault. He hasn't forgotten how to coach or call plays since week 4 or 5. No, he's lost some talent for a team that doesn't have alot of it to lose. Get a grip guys.

Offence:

Db's and Lb's are sitting on short routes because we have no speed on the outside, inside or tightend.Our speed guy(Jones) is not that good. He's dropping passes, he's not getting open, he's really a good ST's guy but that's it. Guys, were playing Spliller at receiver because of injury. Our left side of the line is a mess(now center too) and Fitz is getting pressured/hit/sacked because of it. In case you guys haven't noticed, since Levitre was moved to LT we lost our toughness/running game inside. Wood and Levitre were doing a hell of a job in the running game. Now Wood is gone and Levitre will play center. That running game is gone now. It's easier to gameplan against a team with no speed at receiver/tightend and no left side of an Oline. The plays worked when we had a healthy oline. They opened holes for Fred and held up enough to let Fitz get rid of the ball. I know the oline is supposed to go unoticed, but you guys have to have noticed the dropoff since the injuries to the oline.

"Screens don't work when DBs and LBs are sitting on short routes anyway. Defense needs to be able to make on field adjustments without coaches clearance" So, since Chan is the problem, tell me what you would do differently? What adjustments would you like to see?

Defense:

We new coming in our D was a work in progress. Alot of new guys(FA and Rooks). I thought early on we looked better than last year. Still gave up yds, but looked better to me. LB was our weaklink coming in and the injuries to Merriman and Kelsy really hurt an already weak group. We are starting Shep(a rook) Barnett(new to the team) inside. That means with Merriman and Kelsy out, have four different LB's than last yr. The Lb's were playing alot better before the injuries. Inside we lost our ProBowl DT and his backup was out essentially the first 6-7 games, which means Heard was our man in the middle for a while. He played ok, but he's no KW. We are short of LB's so we use DE's(Carrington, Spencer) at OLB. Our DB's are really a good group but with no support from the LB's and no pressure on Qb's they are sitting ducks. we got those turnovers early on because we had decent pressure on the Qb's before injuries hit.

:wallbash:

Agreed. It is not the players or the coaches. We are year two in a re-build. We have no depth and with injuries to starters that has killed the Bill's chances.