The Bills are 5-3 and lost 2 by 3 points

Gary M

and I read the posts and it's like we are the Broncos.

This team is competitive, they came from behind to win two games and only lost to teams that are leading their divisions.

What is with all the wildcard talk?

This team is competitive, they came from behind to win two games and only lost to teams that are leading their divisions.

The Redskins game didn't even seem like it was against a real NFL team. In their last two challenges, the Bills looked bad in the second half of the Giant game and then laid an egg at home against the division rival Jets.

They've used up practically all of the good will cache of the great start. Most everybody's holding judgement till after this next game. November is the NFL's "money" month. If you can't win in November then you'll no doubt be one of the average group of teams doing mental gymnastics to find your mathematical path to the playoffs in December which everyone knows will never pan out.

This Dallas game will show us once and for all who they are. Do they have a pulse or are they just another middle of the pack team? We shall see.

We've also experienced a lot of injuries in key areas with no depth, as well as have run into teams who have seemed to figure us out offensively. I think, while there is a lot to cheer, there is also a lot to worry about. In many ways, we are lucky to be 5-3, but as we are unlucky to be 5-3.

It is both great to have the Bills winning again, and playing exciting football, and also frustrating, at times. Last week, for instance, against the Jets - I was so perturbed at the conservative play calling, at not seeing Spiller get on the field, at our defenses inability to stop what they should have known was coming.

The thing is, before the season, we would have all agreed, 5-3 would have been about as good as we could have hoped. Nobody would have said we should possibly hope for more than that at this point (and 5-3 would be a miracle, at that!), and most would have said we'd be lucky to win 5-7 games all season. The poster here is right - we've lost two games by 3 points! The only team to really beat us good was the Jets.

But, now that we're actually a legit team again, losing games, and the possibility of finishing 9-7 or 10-6 and not making the playoffs is hard to accept. What most of us would have taken easily 4 months ago is no longer good enough - and that is how it works with all things. The bar rises and it doesn't go back down. Once we get something, whatever we had before then is no longer acceptable.

But, we're not there yet. Colin Cowher? - as I read in another post, said we're a mediocre team. Well, we do have a lot of mid level talent, it seems, but we have superior heart, and very sound coaching, and a lot of young talent that might develop into real talent (of course, then we'll have to keep that talent, and here is where proving Donte wrong will come into play). How much can we expect out of this Bills team? That is the frustrating part, for me. Frustrating because I don't expect them to win it all, because they are just good enough to beat most teams, but not good enough - I think - to go the distance, yet.

So, I think from here out it is all good, and every new win is one more than we probably thought we'd get. I'm hoping Fitz shows progress against tough defenses, Spiller gets more opportunity, and we get and stay healthy.

Edited by sllib olaffub

How can we be mediocre? We just caught really bad breaks in games against the giants/bengals. We currently have All of our players that will lead us in the future. Do you suddenly think the same exact players are going to get alot better? These are professional athletes who are about to reach their prime. This is as good as it gets.

I agree, we probably are a few pieces away from being a SB contenders, but this team is halfway to making the playoffs. So why worry about the future? The future is now. We have to play Miami twice, Denver and Tennessee which should be 4 wins. Then if win one of the games against Dallas/SanDiego that will put us at 10 wins. I believe that will be enough to make the playoffs(remember the jets will be 5-4 after they lose this week.)

The Bills are 5-3 and lost 2 by 3 points. Yes, that is true.

In addition, the Bills are 5-3 and won 2 by 3 points.

We're also only a game back of the CONFERENCE leader. We have one of the least sacked QBs in the NFL, our RZ efficiency is at or near the top of the league, and we have some key people (hopefully) getting healthy. There's no reason that we should start to crap the bed. We have enough talent to win games, and I expect us to do that.

I am kind of wondering what people like you and Promo expect? Should we throw a championship celebration parade at mid-season?

The reality is that the Bills have lost 15 of their last 16 games against NE and have been flat-out dominated by the Jets 3 times in a row. Those teams have proven that their way of doing things wins games and gets them to the playoffs. The Bills on the other hand, have everything to prove, and they have not played well this past month with the exception of the Toronto game.

All the Bills have done is put themselves in position to possibly compete for a playoff spot, something that every other team in the league does every few seasons. The Bills are the exception, they have been left out of the parity cycle by their own doing.

I am kind of wondering what people like you and Promo expect? Should we throw a championship celebration parade at mid-season?

This is the kind of retarded thinking we get from the fellowship of the miserable. Just because I'm pointing out we are 5-3 and tied for first at the halfway mark instead of being 0-8 I'm some kind of pollyanna looking to throw a parade.

Meanwhile the haters get their shorts in a knot after one bad loss. Who's got the corner on reality?

PTR

Yeah, and pretty much every solid playoff contender team has lost a few ugly games this year. This is how the NFL goes. Remember the Jets getting dominated by the Ravens a few weeks back? Then the Ravens lost 7-12 to the Jags and nearly lost to the Cardinals. And how about last year when the Jets were 9-2 and got wrecked by the Pats then lost to the Dolphins?

This stuff happens. We played our worst game of the year, but before we get into panic mode, let's see what happens over the next few weeks. One win and the tide will turn again.

Edited by Fitzyflakes67

Some Bills fans have become bitter, @ holes. "They gonna blow it, I know it!"

Some Bills fans have become bitter, @ holes. "They gonna blow it, I know it!"

Even if you are right, why waste so much time thinking about it? Seriously, we have endured quite a bit of frustration and people are going to react in different ways.

Btw, thanks to Jauron for keeping me alive in the Survivor Pool. A. Johnson was out and he still kept the defense SO far back that they gave up well over 200 yards rushing. :oops::D:o

Anyone who thinks that they might need to see a bright side can always count their blessings that Levy/Jauron have been purged from Buffalo.