Albert Haynesworth Released by Patriots

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't even think about this guy. Did we forget what a problem he was in Washington? Didn't he sign a 100 million dollar contract with them and become a problem child?? Didn't he have problems with the law?? He is trash that we don't need. Go Bills.

it's about saving money....

When Haynesworth joined the Patriots, he took a pay cut in base salary from $5.4 million to $1.5 million. He had the chance to make that money back in playing time incentives.

He won’t make any of the money back now.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported in August that Haynesworth would have received a $1 million bonus if he played in 20% of the team’s snaps for the year. Almost $3 million more was available if he reached playing time incentives beyond that.

None of that money should be paid to Haynesworth. Using snap counts from ESPNBoston.com’s Mike Reiss, Haynesworth has played roughly 30% of the team’s snaps during the first nine games. Cutting Haynesworth now should allow the Patriots to avoid any further payment because that percentage should dip below 20% by year’s end.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/08/patriots-avoid-big-bonus-money-by-cutting-haynesworth-now/

Bob is cheap.

And who could have seen this coming?

Don't even think about this guy. Did we forget what a problem he was in Washington? Didn't he sign a 100 million dollar contract with them and become a problem child?? Didn't he have problems with the law?? He is trash that we don't need. Go Bills.

+1

Bad move for Bills to go after him.. Stay very far away! As for Stallworht, now that is something we should look at.

Tim-

I agree. Let our young defensive players get NFL experience, see what we have and what position we need to go after for next year (LB or DE first). Also, who wants fat Al's attitude in the locker room. He's like Russell, all about the $$. Stallworth, on the other hand, would be a good addition.

On NFL.com in the Haynesworth article, it says the Pats also released TE Gronkowski. Why the hell would they do that? He's a good player. Is that a misprint typo??

"Patriots defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was waived Tuesday, his agent Chad Speck confirmed.

The team later confirmed Haynesworth's release, along with tight end Dan Gronkowski. The Patriots also announced the addition of wide receiver Tiquan Underwood to the 53-man roster."

Edited by Marv Levy

On NFL.com in the Haynesworth article, it says the Pats also released TE Gronkowski. Why the hell would they do that? He's a good player. Is that a misprint typo??

"Patriots defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was waived Tuesday, his agent Chad Speck confirmed.

The team later confirmed Haynesworth's release, along with tight end Dan Gronkowski. The Patriots also announced the addition of wide receiver Tiquan Underwood to the 53-man roster."

I think you're thinking of Rob Grownkowski, his brother.

I agree. Let our young defensive players get NFL experience, see what we have and what position we need to go after for next year (LB or DE first). Also, who wants fat Al's attitude in the locker room. He's like Russell, all about the $$. Stallworth, on the other hand, would be a good addition.

I agree about let the young guys run, we are doing that already at LB. Besiding our stud veteran Barnett who is also a leader for the kids thank goodness.

The problem with DT is our depth. Troup has been nicked with back issues, Kellan been playing football well enough or better. but they are differnt types of NT. We need a solid backup Dt now i think. Whats that big fat kid doing these days?Jasper? we are not on a superbowl run and we are not a pure 3-4. so lets just see what we are made of, and make sure we have enough players to field the team!

ps we might have use for a stallworth. i do remember he has made some great plays, but we just need to add a deep speed threat when we get healthy at LT. not just another good rec. imho

Edited by 3rdand12

Where are the articles now calling out the Patriots front office on Haynesworth and Ochocinco?

All we heard in the offseason was how the Pats had fleeced everyone in getting these two guys.

Have you missed all the second guessing? Its not like they gave up thaaaat much either.

I've heard of em, git r done buddy.

But… "Ralph is cheap."

Just the most recent example of BB's arrogant personnel moves backfiring badly.

Maybe Pioli was the straw that stirred the drink in NE after all.

There were two straws… Pioli AND Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff who has now won NFL Executive of the Year twice since leaving New England.

Belichick is looking more and more like Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren… great coaches who should not be allowed to make final personnel decisions.

I just heard an interview on the radio today from the guy (Hawley) who wrote the recent book about Belichick.

One of the interesting tidbits of info was that Belichick drafted Laurence Maroney (21st overall in the 2006… now out of football) against the wishes of both Pioli and Dimitroff.

Luckily for the Cheating Bastards* the moron Josh McDaniels (failed Denver Head Coach and now failing OC in St. Louis) was stupid enough to send a draft pick to New England for him.