Kyle Williams placed on IR

buffalo1983

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to see both Williams and Darius inside at tackle provided you need to get either Shepard or Barnett to play OLB as both are looking too good to not be starting. Having Kelsey at one end also isn't a bad thing and Carrington at the other. I'd then sign a free agent OLB who can rush the passer and draft a CB in the 1st round. I'd then use 2nd round pick on a DE who maybe replaces Kelsey in a year.

If Sheppard or Barnett can't play outside, then scrap it, leave Darius at nose and with K Williams, Carrington, and Kelsey at ends.

CB's are then A Williams and rookie, with Florence as nickel and McKelvin as dime. I can stomach him as the dime!

I still say that the answer is to go back to the 4-3 after this season

- Williams and Darius in the middle would be an absolute force and that is absolutely the hardest position to fill

- Kelsay returns to his natural position of defensive end......Carrington is big for the spot but would still have a role.......Troupe would be a backup

- We will still be left with the same situation as we are even with a healthy Wiliams....we need outside linebackers and corners....upgrade those positions and you have a force of a defense.

Could be a blessing in disguise. We're now good enough that the front office should show attention to free agency, and now may be bad enough to help our draft status, wich we really need another good one. I'm not giving up on this year, but its been good enough to be positive with whatever happens next......

WTF!!!!!!

I USUALLY HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE USE ALL CAPS!! BUT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? ARE YOU REALLY TALKING DRAFT STATUS?!?!? HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON AND WE ARE TIED FOR 1ST PLACE AND YOU ARE TALKING DRAFT STATUS, BLESSING IN DISGUISE?!?!?!

WOW!!! :thumbdown:

:wallbash:

probably the same thing Antonio Gates had, plantar fascitis...Your feet can feel fine, go play a series, sit down, stand up off the bench with excuicating pain. Happens to Overweight people and those who put too much stress on their feet.

From what I read (no link, sorry) we tried cutting out the heal from his cleat to try and aleviate(sp) pressure. I had plantar faceitis(sp) and that would not be a problem with the heal. Totally different. I read it might be spurs behind the achilles.Again no link(sorry)

Crap. Well, it's an opportunity for the young guys to step up. Dareus, Troup and Heard are more of the wide body traditional NT for a 3-4 anyway so lets see who steps up. KW wasn't having his usual impact anyway and now we know why. Let him heal completely for next season and let the kids take the sandbox for the rest of the season. KW is only 28 and should have plenty of gas in the tank once he's healed up.

:thumbsup:

Could Dareus make Kyle trade bait this offseason? jus sayin'

:thumbdown:

Edited by Dopey

Why are people making such a huge deal out of this? Hoe many games has Williams, even played in this year? Its not like he was the sole reason why the Bills are currently 5-3 and tied for the AFC East lead (or can I say they are tied for the lead? I remember a post with some whining about the pats refering to themselves being tied last week but they weren't because of a tiebreaker?)

Having a fully healthy, 2010 season Kyle Williams would definitly help improve the defence from where they are now, but losing him isn't going to make them anyworse then they have been the last month or more.

Why are people making such a huge deal out of this? Hoe many games has Williams, even played in this year? Its not like he was the sole reason why the Bills are currently 5-3 and tied for the AFC East lead (or can I say they are tied for the lead? I remember a post with some whining about the pats refering to themselves being tied last week but they weren't because of a tiebreaker?)

Having a fully healthy, 2010 season Kyle Williams would definitly help improve the defence from where they are now, but losing him isn't going to make them anyworse then they have been the last month or more.

FYI: It is being reported that Kyle has already undergone surgery ...today .....on his foot

Bills | Kyle Williams undergoes surgery

Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:22:50 -0800

Buffalo Bills DT Kyle Williams (foot) is scheduled to undergo surgery on his injured foot Wednesday, Nov. 9.

0 Comments | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: BuffaloBills.com - Chris Brown

What if it nets you a 1st & 3rd or 4th?

If you make that trade you are hoping the 1st can net you a player who can be as good as Williams, and as we know the draft can be a crapshoot. In Williams you have a relatively young player signed to a multi year deal.

Yep. Williams...who is proven in character and ability. As the troup and heard get better the hard way by next season we should be brutal up front with very good depth.

I figured MD for NT anyways and move him around, same as Kyle but inversed. I think next year we should consider a stud FA DE because that is when we we really be coming into our own. Lockout hurt us more than most imho. even though he played at much lower level this season i love to see him on the field. get well soon KW! maybe for our playoff run?

I still say that the answer is to go back to the 4-3 after this season

- Williams and Darius in the middle would be an absolute force and that is absolutely the hardest position to fill

- Kelsay returns to his natural position of defensive end......Carrington is big for the spot but would still have a role.......Troupe would be a backup

- We will still be left with the same situation as we are even with a healthy Williams....we need outside linebackers and corners....upgrade those positions and you have a force of a defense.

Makes a lot of sense. Spencer Johnson could speel at Tackle, and Dwan Edwards and Carrington could battle it out for the Left Defensive End. One area of concern though is MLB, and Barnett, as well as he has played at times, is on the small side. He could find himself in a battle with Shepard for it. Chris White may also be in the MLB mix next year as well. This would leave OLB a real sore spot though, but it already is that anyway. We still have no known answers for LB's period going forward.

Surgery successful for Kyle

Posted by Chris Brown on November 9, 2011 – 8:46 pm

Bills Pro Bowl DT Kyle Williams had successful surgery Wednesday on his foot.

That according to his agent, who said as much on his twitter account.

AlbertEliasMGMT ESM Clnt & Bills DT Kyle Williams has successful surgery today…Drs very pleased-look for KW to make full recovery for 2012 Bills Football!

Yep. Williams...who is proven in character and ability. As the troup and heard get better the hard way by next season we should be brutal up front with very good depth.

I figured MD for NT anyways and move him around, same as Kyle but inversed. I think next year we should consider a stud FA DE because that is when we we really be coming into our own. Lockout hurt us more than most imho. even though he played at much lower level this season i love to see him on the field. get well soon KW! maybe for our playoff run?

He has been put on IR, he is done til next season.