Is the Donald Jones thing not working ?

He didn't look right today. I think he tried to get back on the field too fast. Was lacking explosion and his jumps were off. Hope next week is better for him. The whole offense just seemed a step behind today.

I said this is another thread, but Jones seems to mis-time his jumps quite often. His hands are not exactly reliable, either.

Other than that, he's great.

<br />I suggested during the game, that they send Spiller out wide to go deep. He is the fastest guy, just the fact that he's out there would get the Jets attention, and he could stretch the field. They should be working on some deep plays for him anyway.<br />
. Vs the giants it looked like spiller might be gaining some steam in the receiving game. Last 2 games he's been non existent. I agree with you. Send him deep, he's the only guy that has true burner potential imo

. Vs the giants it looked like spiller might be gaining some steam in the receiving game. Last 2 games he's been non existent. I agree with you. Send him deep, he's the only guy that has true burner potential imo

It's not even that I would expect him to make a play, just that he might have opened up some field for the other receivers. He's not doing anything on the bench.

Spiller needs to basically turn himself into a WR for us full time and a good one to be useful until Fred drops off which could be years.

Jones, IMO, is a failure. He can't play #2. It's a huge liability one of our 2 starting WRs is not an option we work from a hole constantly. If Evans could do more than just run fast I wish we had him back. Or if Fitz could throw a bomb I wish we had him back. We need a deep threat bad from that other side.

Jones needs to review the play he !@#$ed up in double coverage on that side line stop and go route (end of the second Q.). Fitzpatrick intentionally threw the ball behind him and Jones (what seems to me) flailed his arms like he was trying to stop an interception instead of making the catch...

Jones needs to review the play he !@#$ed up in double coverage on that side line stop and go route (end of the second Q.). Fitzpatrick intentionally threw the ball behind him and Jones (what seems to me) flailed his arms like he was trying to stop an interception instead of making the catch...

Your right. watching the replay the ball actually hit Donald Jones right in the hands. Donald just seems inconsisent. He'll make a nice grab or two, then he'll look discombabulated on the next couple of passes. His body control and timing of jumps is sometimes a little off. We definitely needed more out of him today if we wanted to play competetively. It was obvious that he was targeted to be key part of our offensive game plan today and it just didnt work out. He wasnt the only one out of sorts today though, to be fair. Fitz and Freddy were both off today too.

I suggested during the game, that they send Spiller out wide to go deep. He is the fastest guy, just the fact that he's out there would get the Jets attention, and he could stretch the field. They should be working on some deep plays for him anyway.

deep? ok..if you mean 30 yards downfield ok. Thats how long in the air Fitzys bomb was to stevie.if you mean a 50 yard(if lucky) floating jump ball thats ok too.But the DBs can afford to play awfully tight in coverage even on the so called deep patterns because they know they cant be burned past 50 yds max.

We and Chan and Fitzy need to realize fitzy's limitations. he can do a lot if he plays very smart and stays within his game.

Fitz also needs to take charge on a 4th and inches type call.And not be completely dependent on Chan for the play call.He needs to charge up to the line of scrimmage like a leader,call a quick hitter--and not wait for the sidelines and some call where the D gets a chance to get set up.

Roosevelt is better.

I am not sure what Roosevelt did today to deserve this quote. Our 2nd WR has been non-existent. I wish Fitz would look more often to Nelson...who is at least sure handed. Spiller deserves to play more @ the #2 spot. I wish the Bills coaching staff will see that.

I suggested during the game, that they send Spiller out wide to go deep. He is the fastest guy, just the fact that he's out there would get the Jets attention, and he could stretch the field. They should be working on some deep plays for him anyway.

I wish the Bills would have game planned this...Spiller is the fastest WR on this team. When the Jets were taking away the short stuff, it was time to throw to him at least a couple of times...

What is the point of having players like Smith, Spiller, Nelson, if they cannot be part of your game plan.

I am not sure what Roosevelt did today to deserve this quote. Our 2nd WR has been non-existent. I wish Fitz would look more often to Nelson...who is at least sure handed. Spiller deserves to play more @ the #2 spot. I wish the Bills coaching staff will see that.

I wish the Bills would have game planned this...Spiller is the fastest WR on this team. When the Jets were taking away the short stuff, it was time to throw to him at least a couple of times...

What is the point of having players like Smith, Spiller, Nelson, if they cannot be part of your game plan.

What part of Roosevelt is better don't you understand? Watch him.