Pom Poms...Really?

joejoebills

Seriously!

Where is the Whammy Weenie when you need it?!

http://www.forgottenbuffalo.com/forgottenbflofeatures/whammyweenie.html

"The promotion extended to game day at Rich Stadium. At one game early in the season, stadium PA announcer and Bells spokesman Danny Neaverth told everyone to “stand up and shake your Weenies!” You can only imagine what actions those words prompted among the drunken adult fans."

:lol:

Had nothing to do with our wretched loss, but let's not wear white at home again unless there's a really good reason...and let's never give out pom poms. Still don't understand why the Bills did this.

The white unis might have had nothing to do with the loss in and of themselves but I don't get why such a big deal was made of this game. White unis, pom-poms, the whole "white out" thing. Why make a week 9 game into such an event, particularly for a team that's still trying to learn how to win? It just gave them a little extra pressure that they didn't need.

Don't get me wrong, obviously it was going to be a pretty important game no matter what but there was no need to make it bigger and more important than it already was.

Had nothing to do with our wretched loss, but let's not wear white at home again unless there's a really good reason...and let's never give out pom poms. Still don't understand why the Bills did this.

They handed out pink pom poms at one of the games in October, they seemingly did ok.

What really sucked about the game early was both sides were so conservative it lulled the crowd to sleep. What was supposed to be an electric atmosphere vaporized in minutes.

PTR

My thoughts exactly. Boring game. Had to drink a Red Bull, and a shot of tequila, to stay energized at the sports bar. OK, I would have drunk the tequila anyway, but one thing you can say about the Bills this year, they have been exciting to watch. Fans here, and in the stands, did seem a bit sleepy.

I had to laugh at this unintentionally hilarious sentence from Gaughan's article today

They were not about to be intimidated Sunday against a hot Buffalo offense in a hostile stadium full of white-clad, pom-pom waving Bills fans.

I personally think "white out" is just about the lamest thing a fan base can organize for a game. Then when I tuned in and saw the pom-poms I just thought OMFG - are you kidding me.

Pittsburgh has the Terrible Towel - we have the Poofy Pom-Poms :doh: