Tim Graham: Ryan to make Maybin a captain for Bills game

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you explain making some guy you found in a dumpster a team captain after a couple weeks, unless you think you are somehow sticking it to the Bills by doing so? Total dickface move, Rex. Total dickface.

But PLEASE do it, Rex. Like the Bills need any more incentive to kick your asses.

PTR

WOW!

He's seriously gonna put a player with no starts whom he cut earlier this year as a captain?

I wonder if they'll have the guts to start him?

Send Wood out there so Maybin poops his pants.

I totally forgot about that! I hope Mayhem has his head on a swivel.......

......I'd rather see FredEx do his best Marion Barber impersonation! God I can't wait for this !@#$ing game.

Edited by r00tabaga

so who remembers when levitre called out maybin in practice and told him to "give all that money back you ain't earned"? Our o line is gonna be pushing that def line back and freddy will run wild. bring on the motivation.

it was wood not levitre

Wood is awesome.

But seriously I hope the fans pay maybin no mind when he Comes out For the toss. Don't waste energy on that guy save it for the real game.

If asked gailey should just make light of it saying he doesn't choose other teams captains. If they feel he's deserving of that honor over others that's up to them. Subtly hinting that its a slight to their other players. And that his focus will be on the game

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Wow, what a bush league move. Take a guy who your own team cut no less than two months ago and promote him to captain just to stick it to his previous team? I don't even know what that is...vindictive? Immature?

You don't see us making Brad Smith a captain, do you?

I'd go out on a limb and say it's more a pat on his back than insult to us.... A walk into the home of past embarrassments proud kind of thing.

Wow, what a bush league move. Take a guy who your own team cut no less than two months ago and promote him to captain just to stick it to his previous team? I don't even know what that is...vindictive? Immature?

You don't see us making Brad Smith a captain, do you?

This. Pretty good trade off right? +1

I hope that Chan Gailey has something real special cooked up with Brad Smith for this game.

To be honest, its kinda weird to be this pumped up over a Bills/Jets game. The Post actually had a pretty interesting article a few days ago about how even though both teams have obviously played each other twice a year for four decades, there isnt much a rivalry. When the Jets were up, we were down. When we were up, the Jets were down.

Kinda cool to actually get some hate flowing.

Edited by BillsGuyBackInMalta

This is why, for me, it's such a non issue. It's not a slight against the Bills in reality (and I'm sure Rex knows this) but it's a harmless gesture for Rex. Best case scenario he fires up Maybin and rattles the Bills (which won't happen).

Worst case scenario, Maybin tries to tackle the ref during the coin toss but gets stiff-armed by a 50 year old man.

Don't agree with the move either but this was funny :thumbsup:

Well Mr. Maybin will meet Mr McIntyre and get put on his arse.....Not a big deal at all....Let him be a capt. Rex loves this stuff.

Have Maybin and McIntyre been on the field for any down and distance in common this year? I'm pretty sure Maybin is not going to be playing on running downs, so the chance of him getting contact with a non QB ball carrier are a 3rd and long 1) draw (when he will have gone too far up the field to be a factor) 2) Screen pass, trying to chase it down from the back side. What we need to make sure is that he doesn't get his speed move around one of our tackles and leave us with egg on our face after the play. I think he will be a non factor and am very amused by the amount of coverage a relatively unimportant player is getting in a crucial game between big teams. Nobody is talking about how Sanchez got picked five times by the Bills back before they were a take-away machine, or how running with Washington was unable to run the ball.

How would you feel if U were one of the captains asked to relinquish the honor for a game. Oh Rexy Rexy, you are such a gamer!

Im pretty sure the players dont give shi.t. Its probably a good ploy on the road.

Mountains out of Molehills on this messageboard.

Whoever responds to this had eaten what Ryan has to offer!

Maybin might as well wear a bulls eye on his jersey and not a number because I guarantee every Bills player will take their shot at him this Sunday. Sucks to be Maybin this week. :censored: Rex, :censored: the Jets, let's go Buffalo!!!

so who remembers when levitre called out maybin in practice and told him to "give all that money back you ain't earned"? Our o line is gonna be pushing that def line back and freddy will run wild. bring on the motivation.

That was Eric Wood and I'm fairly certain that if he gets the opportunity he'll try to kill Aaron Maybin. Wood hates the guy.

Not to sound like I'm defending Maybin, but honestly we don't know if he asked for this or this is just rex being a douche. Even though he had his run ins with players on the team, it sounds like from what Gailey said that it wasn't like effort was an issue, he just couldn't cut it on the team and that's not necessarily his fault.

I'm just saying there are other reasons I'd like to see Maybin get blown up then just Rex naming him a captain. Personally I'd rather C-MAC throw a crushing hit of some sort on Bart Scott who has actually talked shite about Buffalo.