A Few Thoughts About The Game

1) If you look back at the last dozen or more years, Andy Levitre was easily one of the best draft selections made by the Bills. Not only did he man the LT position, he did so without a ton of help.

2) Fred Jackson is at the point where he is flat out amazing. There is not a more consistent back in the NFL right now.

3) I LOVE the respect that Gailey is getting around the league. Even Jimmy Johnson was raving about him. Did anybody see when he was talking to Fitz on the sidelines for 20 or 30 seconds and then shoved him back to the field? How cool was that? :)

4) Troy Aikman raised some points about the wildcat. He hates it; I however love it because of Brad Smith. That said, he mentioned that he would have been furious at being lifted on 3rd and 2. This says something about Fitz. Is he complaining? No, he is following the coaches orders/gameplan in an unselfish way. There is so much to like about Fitz I wouldn't know where to start.

5) It's amazing how good a secondary can look when there is pass rush, no?

6) Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart, (don't tell me this town ain't got no heart), WHEN I CAN HERE IT BEAT OUT LOUD!

7) Dareus took over the game today. That kid was busting people up. The sacks, as tremendous as they were, were an added bonus. A healthy Dareus will do nothing but get better, and make life WAY easier for the rest of the DL.

8) Thankfully, Gailey is WAY more aggressive than me lol! That said, I was sick to my stomach when Fitz threw the pick right around the deuce at halftime.

9) Was I hearing things or did Aikman say that Stevie Johnson was the only WR on the Bills who was actually drafted? That is freaking amazing, and perhaps unprecedented.

10) Chandler runs beautiful routes, and yesterday he had some great blocks on running plays. We HAVE to keep him. Period.

11) People, despite a brutal schedule, we officially have a better record than last year. The jets have a lot of talent, but I'm not scared. Nervous? Always, but not scared. If we can beat them, we are serious contenders. How cool is this people?

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The win yesterday looked pretty damn good. I understand that, yes, the 'skins are in bad shape right now. But the Bills are beat up too, and they still dominated the Redskins.

A win next week will say a lot about this team. I don't care if it's an ugly 13-10 type of game; JUST WIN BABY!

Watching Dareus is like watching a nature video. He pursues and hits like a breaching orca or great white. Size, speed, power, awesomeness.

Well said, and the kid is a rookie who can play any position of the defensive line. I can assure you that Mangold is going to be thinking a lot about this kid during the week. :thumbsup:

No mention of Spencer Johnson and getting reps at OLB. He was all over the field as well. Also This OL really jelled better today seems like more reps help Andy and Rienhart but Urbick, Wood and Pears do a great job at setting Freddie free. Now comes the hard part of the schedule but I am liking what I see this team will compete each week. Would love to see same heat we brought on Beck against Sanchez I think he will crumble.

No love for Spiller for his great downfield blocking on Freddie's long runs?

And to dovetail with the comment about Fitz and being unselfish I think because of him and Chan it goes from the top down. Stevie isn't complaining about TDs, CJ isn't complaining about PT, in fact, he's blocking as well as Donald was prior to being injured. Leodis didn't say a word when he was "demoted" to CB. These guys get it. Andy doesn't say a word about being moved to LT, and mauls people during the game.

I love this TEAM!

Troy Achingwomen has a very deep disrespect for the Bills and for Gailey. He is a pretty boy from big city glamorous Dallas and played with a bunch of "American's Team", self-appointed heros and stars. Gailey was OC in Dallas for a few years at the end of the group of hero's careers and had to put up with a bunch of giant egos and divas, including "the Troy, Captain America". It was pretty common knowledge that Gailey had problems dealing with the bunch of had-been star's egos, and any coach would have had trouble, unless he let them run the ship. I think you saw some of that hostility coming out in a hissy fit comments by Akerwomen.

Akerwomen seems to have his head frozen in the time when he considered himself American's hero. The wildcat has a place in today's NFL as its another way of attacking more sophisticated defenses, which don't have an answer for a QB who runs to the open spot in the middle of the line as a first option. If the defense runs a twist or stunt that overloads a section of the offensive line, then there is a big gapping hole for someone like Smith to run through for an easy 5-7 yards. If the just hit and hold all the gaps, then a short pass behind the linebackers is also undefended. Acheingwomen isn't smart enought to see this type of evolution coming. We now have a number of big running QB's in the league and its only a matter of time before we see more of this as designed plays. Screw prettyboy. :censored:

Troy Achingwomen has a very deep disrespect for the Bills and for Gailey. He is a pretty boy from big city glamorous Dallas and played with a bunch of "American's Team", self-appointed heros and stars. Gailey was OC in Dallas for a few years at the end of the group of hero's careers and had to put up with a bunch of giant egos and divas, including "the Troy, Captain America". It was pretty common knowledge that Gailey had problems dealing with the bunch of had-been star's egos, and any coach would have had trouble, unless he let them run the ship. I think you saw some of that hostility coming out in a hissy fit comments by Akerwomen.

Akerwomen seems to have his head frozen in the time when he considered himself American's hero. The wildcat has a place in today's NFL as its another way of attacking more sophisticated defenses, which don't have an answer for a QB who runs to the open spot in the middle of the line as a first option. If the defense runs a twist or stunt that overloads a section of the offensive line, then there is a big gapping hole for someone like Smith to run through for an easy 5-7 yards. If the just hit and hold all the gaps, then a short pass behind the linebackers is also undefended. Acheingwomen isn't smart enought to see this type of evolution coming. We now have a number of big running QB's in the league and its only a matter of time before we see more of this as designed plays. Screw prettyboy. :censored:

FOX must have said something to Aikman during the broadcast. He came out with guns blazing against Buffalo and specifically Gailey. Then, randomly in the second half, he's all of a sudden singing our praises. It was childish at first. I expect national broadcasters to at least make an effort to be unbiased.

Not to dampen anyones enthusiasm but I wouldnt take too much from this, other than we beat a team we should have. Skins injuries and benchings are the equivalent of starting thigpen over fitz, spiller over Jackson and Roosevelt over Stevie, among others. Other than fletcher that was the most lifeless team I can recall seeing. Read the DC press and they are calling or shannies head far worse than we ever did for jaurons. they're also callig nepotism for his son the OC who they said would be fired if not for the family connection.

Jets are superior to them at nearly every position and abberations like 9 sacks and no points against won't happen

So take this for what it was, a tune up game for a much better opponent and more important game next week.

As always GO BILLS!!

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

The win yesterday looked pretty damn good. I understand that, yes, the 'skins are in bad shape right now. But the Bills are beat up too, and they still dominated the Redskins.

A win next week will say a lot about this team. I don't care if it's an ugly 13-10 type of game; JUST WIN BABY!

The Skins lost 5 starters in the last 2 weeks, no doubt they are reeling from injuries.

O line injuries,their best WR, the starting RB and TE and all those injuries did have a big effect on the outcome of that game

Buffalo is currently dealing with a bunch of injuries themselves...the thing is ....how good would the Bills be without Fred Jackson at RB, Chandler at TE, Johnson at WR plus a back up QB in the game....that is what the Skins are currently dealing with.

However, this game showed that the Bill know how to game plan an opponent and can dominate hapless teams just like they did with the Chiefs. :worthy:

The Skins lost 5 starters in the last 2 weeks, no doubt they are reeling from injuries.

O line injuries,their best WR, the starting RB and TE and all those injuries did have a big effect on the outcome of that game

Buffalo is currently dealing with a bunch of injuries themselves...the thing is ....how good would the Bills be without Fred Jackson at RB, Chandler at TE, Johnson at WR plus a back up QB in the game....that is what the Skins are currently dealing with.

However, this game showed that the Bill know how to game plan an opponent and can dominate hapless teams just like they did with the Chiefs. :worthy:

Actually, Fred Davis is their starting TE and if they ever lost him, that would be more hurtful than the past-his-prime Cooley.

Tim Hightower, while called starting RB, actually shared duties with Ryan Torain/

We lost our starting LT, backup LT, starting NT, starting OLB....I think our injuries were far more serious than theirs. What happened is that on the field, the Bills played much better than the Redskins.

FOX must have said something to Aikman during the broadcast. He came out with guns blazing against Buffalo and specifically Gailey. Then, randomly in the second half, he's all of a sudden singing our praises. It was childish at first. I expect national broadcasters to at least make an effort to be unbiased.

It certainly was clear as the game went on that Aikman was beginning to compliment everything the Bills did. Remember, though, this will happen when a team takes control of the game. It makes no sense to bash a team when they're winning. Broadcasters will always jump on the bandwagon. That said, Aikman is still one of the better analysts in the game right now.

The most important thing to me is that they controlled the game. The Redskins OL wasn't NFL-caliber yesterday and the Bills' front 7 made them pay. The Jets have a much better OL, but at least the Bills have a little swagger with their pass rush. The offense was in sync and this could have been 31-0 had they not committed any turnovers. This might not have been their best offensive performance, but it was good enough.

I also don't take much away from this other than they won a game they really needed to win. I don't remember the last time there was a "must-win" game for this team.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Not to dampen anyones enthusiasm but I wouldnt take too much from this, other than we beat a team we should have. Skins injuries and benchings are the equivalent of starting thigpen over fitz, spiller over Jackson and Roosevelt over Stevie, among others. Other than fletcher that was the most lifeless team I can recall seeing. Read the DC press and they are calling or shannies head far worse than we ever did for jaurons. they're also callig nepotism for his son the OC who they said would be fired if not for the family connection.

Jets are superior to them at nearly every position and abberations like 9 sacks and no points against won't happen

So take this for what it was, a tune up game for a much better opponent and more important game next week.

As always GO BILLS!!

More accurately, we destroyed a team that we should have beaten. I would have reacted like this to a ho-hum 23-13 win, but we killed 'em. In fact, we've played 2 bad teams this year (and KC is on a 3-game win streak now so who knows) and we have destroyed both of those teams. That's what really good teams do.

I really do not understand the whole "The Wildcat Doesn't Work" mentality that some broadcasters have - not the first time I've heard that on the air. It's a WRINKLE that forces the other team to prepare a little but more - how is that not a nice thing to have in the arsenal? And once in awhile...? You get a freak 30+ yard big gainer.

I just don't get the mind set of discounting our wins ... were the redskins hurting? sure they were, every team in the NFL are hurting.

We won this game with two of our starting wide recievers out (we started a running back as a wideout for gods sake), our starting LT and our second string LT out, our starting LG moved to LT and our second string LG playing. We have a starting OLB on IR, the starting OLB on the other side has just returned from a multi week injury so therefore wasn't 100%, our starting NT was out, his backup is fighting a cronic back problem so we started our rookie DE as a NT and just kind of mixed and matched were appropriate.

I guess what I'm trying to say is a win is a win .... no excuses ... no if, ands, or buts. Our coaching staff out coached their coaching staff, and our players beat their players man for man ... now on to the Jets ... I can't wait to hear their lame excuses as to why we beat them.

I was pumped for the game. I didnt know what to expect. However it was clear to me that the Skins are done for the season. They have absolutely no Offense.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE BILLS DEFENSE NEEDED TO GET CONFIDENCE!

The other 3 comments I have are the following

1. we didnt try to go deep enough ( not that we had to )

2. Fred Jackson is a beast

3. My most important point of all...Why was Chandler not on the field in short and goal when Fitz threw the INT? Instead they had Smith. It is clear to me that in short and goal he has to be on the field!

Cheers all!

Go BIlls

More accurately, we destroyed a team that we should have beaten. I would have reacted like this to a ho-hum 23-13 win, but we killed 'em. In fact, we've played 2 bad teams this year (and KC is on a 3-game win streak now so who knows) and we have destroyed both of those teams. That's what really good teams do.

Even more accurately, our D destroyed their O. It was domination of the highest order, due largely to their recent injuries as pointed out above.

Our O beat their D.