A Few Thoughts About The Game

You make valid points. Off the top of my head, I remember a play in which a Redskins offensive lineman blocked the wrong guy. As a result, a Bills DL didn't have anyone even trying to block him. Needless to say, that guy got an easy sack. On another play, the Redskins WR fell down while running his route, thereby allowing Byrd to get an INT. The Redskins made mistakes like that all game long. A team that played as badly as the Redskins played yesterday would likely go 0-16, unless it faced this year's Colts or Dolphins teams. Even then, the games would probably come down to the wire.

On the other hand, I have to admit that the Bills' defense looked a lot more impressive yesterday than it had earlier in the season. Last season the defense improved as the year went on. It's possible we're witnessing the beginning of a similar improvement this season. But it would be premature to assert that with certainty. I'll wait to see how this "new and improved" Bills defense does against NFL-level offenses before pronouncing judgment.

:lol:

That Redskin offense was teribadgodamnaweful... dare I say the Bills lucked into a team decimated by key injuries with virtually no depth behind them on that O line.

I'm hoping the Bills defense can play like this again against the Jests this upcoming Sunday. statistically they actually have a worse offense, the 29th ranked offense, 28th running the ball Man, a win next week would go a long way to helping the Bills get a you know what spot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

9) Was I hearing things or did Aikman say that Stevie Johnson was the only WR on the Bills who was actually drafted? That is freaking amazing, and perhaps unprecedented.

Aikman said a lot of things were wrong. All of the drafted WRs are on IR now however. It was also not the Bills best game in sacks (11 in one game in 1964 for run for AFL Championship).

Great post!

Well said, and the kid is a rookie who can play any position of the defensive line. I can assure you that Mangold is going to be thinking a lot about this kid during the week. :thumbsup:

Maybe when Williams is back he will be put in as LB and they Bills will let him pick his spot and demolish someone.

By the way, one of the things that impressed me the most about that game was the sequence at the end of the first half. I was pissed when Fitz threw that pick in the end zone, but I actually had confidence that we would stop the Skins, force a punt, and still have enough time to get down the field for a FG try. And we did. To me, that was huge.

Gailey's time management is one of the things I really like. He called the timeouts when they should be called, and gave his team a chance to score. I think what we are seeing is the difference a highly skilled offensive Head Coach can be for a team.