selling naming rights

frogger

It's been a while since we talked about it, but how about selling the naming rights of Ralph Wilson stadium, it seems simple but its an easy way of increasing revenue.

Wells Fargo field makes since.

And it has western New York ties. William Fargo was the mayor of Buffalo in the 1860's and Henry Wells lived in Palmyra, NY.

I remember people saying t would always be Rich Stadium, too. Look how that turned out.

Pretty sure it was always Marine Midland Arena as well. And Pilot Field. The only venues that kept their respective names through history seem to be the Aud and the Rockpile.

If the naming rights would get a sponsor for major upgrades to the stadium, I have no issue going to Cheerios Stadium to see the Bills.

No way Ralph goes for this. He's cheap and wants to squeeze every penny out of the franchise possible. He wouldn't be interested in getting a few measly millions by selling the naming rights to The Ralph. Remember, ralph is only interested in lining his pockets.

Oh, the irony of the Ralph is Cheapers.

no !@#$ing way. That stadium will always be The Ralph

Easy solution: "XXXXX Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium", just like Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium. Git'r'dun Russ! Figure $1.5M/yr for 20 years. That'll cover a third of the renovation costs. Since Erie County owns the stadium, don't they have the right to do it?

PTR

No way Ralph goes for this. He's cheap and wants to squeeze every penny out of the franchise possible. He wouldn't be interested in getting a few measly millions by selling the naming rights to The Ralph. Remember, ralph is only interested in lining his pockets.

Oh, the irony of the Ralph is Cheapers.

Too true, but as we all well know, the Ralph is Cheapers have been complaining about the lack of selling naming rights since time immemorial. They ignore the irony, and just fold it into a generalized "RW is evil" meme.

Too true, but as we all well know, the Ralph is Cheapers have been complaining about the lack of selling naming rights since time immemorial. They ignore the irony, and just fold it into a generalized "RW is evil" meme.

I tend to hear that Ralph would rather.....

Have a stadium named after him than a new free agent/winning team/unburden the taxpayer.

I disagree but it makes some semblance of sense if that's the lens you view Ralph through.

no !@#$ing way. That stadium will always be The Ralph

Disagree, maybe I'm a minority but I still call it and think of it as Rich Stadium at times. Selling the naming rights makes sense if they want to increase revenue, would help offset costs to county to update. If Ralph wants something named after him change a street name to Ralph Wilson Blvd or call the Fieldhouse the Ralph Wilson Fieldhouse.

Edited by MotownBillsFan

If it pays for much needed stadium upgrads and helps keep the team in Buffalo, while sparing the already over-taxed residents of WNY from having to pay for it I'm all for it. Every other stadium seems to have a corporate name associated with it, why not this one. It's not that big of a deal. The Ralph. Wells Fargo. Whatever. If selling naming rights gets the job done, then do it.

Easy solution: "XXXXX Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium", just like Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium. Git'r'dun Russ! Figure $1.5M/yr for 20 years. That'll cover a third of the renovation costs. Since Erie County owns the stadium, don't they have the right to do it?

PTR

Sounds pretty good keeps it the Ralph but helps the team with money,

If it pays for much needed stadium upgrads and helps keep the team in Buffalo, while sparing the already over-taxed residents of WNY from having to pay for it I'm all for it. Every other stadium seems to have a corporate name associated with it, why not this one. It's not that big of a deal. The Ralph. Wells Fargo. Whatever. If selling naming rights gets the job done, then do it.

How much is WF offering again?