Get the Feeling Bills and Sabres will not make playoffs

box0life

Hate to say it, but I think both the Bills and Sabres may not make the playoffs. After good starts both teams appear to be reeling.

Sabres: Any team that loses back to back games to Tampa Bay does not warrant a playoff appearance. That is absolutely unacceptable. Couple that with the pathetic performance against Carolina at home and I see no playoffs. This team has not scored more than 4 goals in a game since game two. They have yet to win at home. They look way over rated. All that money given away and I see a team that has not improved from last year.

Bills: With Merriman gone, Williams perhaps done for the year and Bell struggling with a shoulder problem coupled with a defense that can't sack the quarterback, stop the run or stop the pass how does this team make the playoffs? I for one do not give Fitzpatrick a new contract yet. Let him play out the season. I am still not convinced he can lead this team to the playoffs let alone a super bowl. His interceptions have led to two losses already. The last time we gave somebody a new contract mid season after a good start (Jauron) was an epic failure the rest of the year and beyond. Great job signing Merriman to a two year contract. What a waste. We will pay him nearly 10 million dollars for one sack and nine tackles. That's nearly as bad as Maybin.

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm wrong and just sour and pissed off about Buffalo sports performing pathetically the last two weeks. But things don't look good. If the Bills lose this week, they are done and will not make the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong but I think you should just hang yourself and get it over with.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills lost 2 of 3 and are currently out of the playoffs (by 1 spot) if the season ended today. The upcoming "home" game is a near must-win in the sense that it's a winnable game to achieve the record likely necessary to get into the playoffs. The good news is that the Bills get Miami twice and the Jets at home, both of which in essence will be must wins. The Bills need to step since the Jets are heating up (Bills can eliminate the Jets by sweeping them) as is Pittsburgh. There's no reason the Bills can't put a whupping on the Redskins. They just lost their lead back, Hightower, their lead WR (Moss) and benched their starting QB for a 30yr old with little-to-no NFL experience. I would say if the Bills can't win on Sunday, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

But let's not forget they have only lost 2 games--both on the slimmest of margins. As for Merriman being out--sorry but he has never done anything in a Bills uniform. I was at the Philly game, and saw him on the sidelines in all the critical situations. I was shocked to see him standing during obvious passing 3rd downs but then again I never paid attention to that in prior games. It's not a loss--it's just lost hope as far as Merriman goes. Bills need to scour the waiver wire for some veterans who can get to the QB. They are out there--it's just a risk and will require guaranteed dollars since they are vested.

As for the Sabres, the season is way early. Don't you remember last year? They were left for dead and and went on a sick run. Plus remember, Pegula is probably one of the best owners in all of sports and committed to winning. They have a top notch coach and some great attacking players. They had an amazing forecheck on Tampa in the 3rd period--just couldn't get the puck on net. I do think Miller is a bit overrated but I'll take him any day. He's not a top 3 goalie but definitely in the 5-10 range and on any given day can play like top3 and has ability to get back in there. Enroth also seems to be a solid backup and Ruff is a great coach. Plenty of positives on the Sabres. And let's not forget they have only played 2 home games and are 5-3. They are going to spank Columbus tomorrow and I will be enjoying it @ First Niagara.

you have got to be kidding me, the Sabres look like a real cup contender this year, just because they lost two in a row to a pretty good team in now way says they are out of the running, EIGHT GAMES INTO THE SEASON, and the hockey season, might i remind you an 82 game regular season that last until april, chill your moobs man, its early on and a lot of hockey to be played, and onto the bills, im pretty sure none of us saw them being 4-2 at this point in the season, so in the words of the NFL countdown crew: "COME 'ON MAN" just calm down and let the professionals do their thing, and from my opinion the sabres should go deep into the playoffs this year, and the bills should finally break the drought as well. so gtfo or say something that can help all of us.

lol. $50 says this guy has no clue the Lightning were in the Conference Finals last year. We punked them up and down the ice last night and they got a few fluky goals. **** happens.

yea TB had no business wining that game last night. It was bull ****

Hate to say it, but I think both the Bills and Sabres may not make the playoffs. After good starts both teams appear to be reeling.

Sabres: Any team that loses back to back games to Tampa Bay does not warrant a playoff appearance. That is absolutely unacceptable. Couple that with the pathetic performance against Carolina at home and I see no playoffs. This team has not scored more than 4 goals in a game since game two. They have yet to win at home. They look way over rated. All that money given away and I see a team that has not improved from last year.

Bills: With Merriman gone, Williams perhaps done for the year and Bell struggling with a shoulder problem coupled with a defense that can't sack the quarterback, stop the run or stop the pass how does this team make the playoffs? I for one do not give Fitzpatrick a new contract yet. Let him play out the season. I am still not convinced he can lead this team to the playoffs let alone a super bowl. His interceptions have led to two losses already. The last time we gave somebody a new contract mid season after a good start (Jauron) was an epic failure the rest of the year and beyond. Great job signing Merriman to a two year contract. What a waste. We will pay him nearly 10 million dollars for one sack and nine tackles. That's nearly as bad as Maybin.

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm wrong and just sour and pissed off about Buffalo sports performing pathetically the last two weeks. But things don't look good. If the Bills lose this week, they are done and will not make the playoffs.

Nice call! What is the weather going to be like on December 1st? Oh, you don't know? Thought you can predict the future!

Maybe you're just a worrier? I'm going to call you Whiskers.

Surprised you didn't kill yourself after the Sabres started 3-9-2 last year. Damn dude, lighten up. The Bills barely lost their two games, two three point losses.

I don't do hockey so I can't say anything about that.

But the Bills? Come on. We're 4-2. We play the Redskins Sunday while 1st place Patsies play Stealers. We lost 2 games by a total of 6 points. We got some injuries but does everyone else. Losing Merriman is disappointing, but I don't see him leaving a big hole. I still see us on pace for 10-6 and trip to the playoffs.

If we win Sunday, then we'll have to win 5 of the last 9 to do that. Doesn't sound undoable to me.

Go BILLs !!

:censored::death::ph34r: