JP Losman signs with Miami

EDinRTP

:pirate: But to give our defense a little credit... they make EVERYONE look like a pro bowl player.

Points well taken. Yes, my memory is prone to flaws. I had forgotten about the injury. I also agree, I think Trent just played the type of offense that Jauron wanted. Of course, JP played some horrible games. All young QBs do; especially young QBs that are labeled as raw in the draft and need several years to develop. The Bills never gave him that luxury and expected immediate success. None the less, this is all water under the bridge. Thanks for making me remember those painful years. LOL :thumbsup:

It's times like this that I literally take a second to remind myself that this year is real. The Bills finally look like a legitimate team. I'm not completely convinced... I've been burned too much by this team. But its undeniable the Bills are moving forward with Fitz, of all people, while the Dolphins are moving backward with JP. Just funny to say it.

On that, my Bills brother, we can always agree. :thumbsup:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gauging opinions - how do you think JP would have done under a coach like Gailey versus a moron like Jauron?

IMO, obviously, Gailey would have to completely redesign the offense. No way JP could process the pre-snap reads and make the quick decisions like Fitz. So, if we're talking about the Bills' current offense... I'd say JP would fail miserably. Now, could Gailey design an offense to maximize JP's strengths... I have no idea.

FinHeaven thread

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Most epic Fin thread ever.

Great quote: "next man up to eat his meals through a straw this season..."

Fin fans are really hurting this year.

IMO, obviously, Gailey would have to completely redesign the offense. No way JP could process the pre-snap reads and make the quick decisions like Fitz. So, if we're talking about the Bills' current offense... I'd say JP would fail miserably. Now, could Gailey design an offense to maximize JP's strengths... I have no idea.

This.

I don't think anyone believes JP has the brains and quick decision-making required in Gailey's (or anyone's, for that matter) offense.

I am happy for JP. He was a high character guy who just wasn't great at QB. He did throw a nice deep ball. I hope he does well.

I am too, he didn't succeed here as a QB but he was a class guy who got involved in the community, much more than most do. He had all the physical tools, but couldn't put the mental part of the position in play. He had more of an arm then Fitz and Edwards combined. Good luck to him.

Most epic Fin thread ever.

Great quote: "next man up to eat his meals through a straw this season..."

This.

I don't think anyone believes JP has the brains and quick decision-making required in Gailey's (or anyone's, for that matter) offense.

I agree with the bolded text.

Just to add to what you've written, Losman was given his rookie year to sit on the bench and absorb the offense. Going into his second year, he was anointed the starter, and asked to produce while running that same offense. It was around that time that his position coach was Sam Wyche, one of the best quarterback coaches in the league.

Based on some of the comments here you'd think he was thrown into the fire as a rookie (he wasn't, except for two or three snaps), that his coaches were all very bad (they weren't), or that he could have somehow blossomed into a good quarterback under just the right circumstances.

The bottom line is that JP never had anything to offer the Bills beyond good physical tools, his long bomb to Evans, a decent work ethic, and the desire to be liked and accepted. Those things were never going to be enough to turn him into a good quarterback.

In his fourth year in the league, he was outplayed by a rookie. It's not like we're talking about a rookie Joe Montana or a rookie Tom Brady. No. He was outplayed by a rookie Trent Edwards. Since then, he's bounced around the league, trying to hold onto a backup or third string position. Why some people still hold out hopes for this guy is beyond me.

That said, I'll be rooting for him all the way, in hopes that the Dolphins' draft position gets spoiled.

I hope we add greatly to the fins fans pain this and every year. After the 70's nothing will be punishment enough AFAIC.

I too wish good things for JP but put me in that group that thinks that his lack of success is on him, and not bad circumstances.

The ravens should sign him. He would have been good for a few TD passes to Evans every year. I guess they are hoping to get Marshall the ball more.

I have watched a little of the Fins games the past few weeks, and they have been getting Marshall the ball, he just keeps dropping it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

Dolphins add J.P. Losman

October, 25, 2011 Oct 253:09PM ETEmail Print Comments149 By James WalkerThe Miami Dolphins continue to play musical chairs at quarterback.

Their latest roster move is Tuesday's addition of former Buffalo Bills first-round draft pick J.P. Losman, who will be the new No. 2 quarterback behind starter Matt Moore. Miami placed the recently signed Sage Rosenfels on the Reserve/Non-Football Illness list.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Moore injured his ribs in Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos and is day-to-day. That would mean Losman, who has been out of football since 2010, could be called upon in an emergency situation if Moore is hurting. Losman spent some time last year with the Seattle Seahawks and 2009 with the Oakland Raiders.

The winless Dolphins will travel to play the New York Giants (4-2) on Sunday. They will be looking for their long-term solution at quarterback after the season.

I have no problem with JP, but your history here, Dan, is flawed. In 2007, JP started with a couple of bad games (one particularly horrible game in PGH), then was injured against the Pats*. The combination of his poor development, and Edwards looking decent in relief (and doing the things that Jauron wanted, it must be added, when it came to managing the offense) is what cost him his job.

I hate to defend jp but that offense was mind numbing to start the year. It was like they said "what are jps strengths? Oh hes athletic with a big arm? Lets do the opposite."

I cant hate on JP. I never rooted harder for a player to do well. I wish he had been a better player but I alwasy respected that he tried to become a part of the Buffalo community and be a leader and a role model.

I hope he does well in Miami, just not against us.

I agree. He wasn't a good fit for us. Part of me wonders what he wouldve done in a better situation, as I think he was a good guy and clearly had some gifted talents. Would some time sitting, practicing instead of the broken leg, and a good OC/HC have made him a NFL starter, not on the scale of the elite but say romo status? At this point I believe he's a lost cause though...

you know, i like the guy. he worked hard. he played hard, had a great arm. a great attitude. tried assimilating to western ny. the only problem was he sucked at quarterback. other than, he was a good guy.

besides that, how was the show mrs. lincoln?

I hope we add greatly to the fins fans pain this and every year. After the 70's nothing will be punishment enough AFAIC.

I too wish good things for JP but put me in that group that thinks that his lack of success is on him, and not bad circumstances.

I like the way you think. Couldn't have said it better.

pretty sure this move was made in order to almost guarantee them the 1st pic. They were coming 2 close 2 getting a win with Moore as a QB. So they decided they would bring in JPsly for insurance on not winning any games.

Polian guaranteed inept offensive play by bringing in Kerry Collins

too bad he got hurt

Painter has been putting up points which forced Polian to sabatage his own defense to ensure the losing continues

I cant hate on JP. I never rooted harder for a player to do well. I wish he had been a better player but I alwasy respected that he tried to become a part of the Buffalo community and be a leader and a role model.

I hope he does well in Miami, just not against us.

He did buy a house downtown and organized the clean up of a couple neighborhoods over a weekend. He gets props for that, on the field not so much.

I've always liked JP. I think he just needed better coaching, really. I wish him well, I don't get all the hate. He isn't the best QB, and I think he isn't the worst QB. He could start in the right system, but he's also not nearly good enough to be good in any system.

Either way, good luck JP. :)

By the right system I assume you mean the UFL no?

By the right system I assume you mean the UFL no?

Love or hate the guy - especially on the field- you have to admit that his first few years in the league had more beyond his control setbacks than most. Itd be tough to imagine a worse coach/OC combo, the broken leg etc.... I think he could have been a starter in an ideal spot but this was among the worst possible.