Meltdown in Miami

Malazan

It goes back a ways… and it's very funny how it all came together and fell apart.

In 2007, the Fins went 1-15 under Cam Cameron.

Then, Bill Parcells hopped on board in 2008, the team signed Chad Pennington, re-introduced the Wildcat formation, and the Fins went from worst to first posting an 11-5 season.

In the wake of that season, lots of people here were freaking out pointing to how quickly a team can turn around… wondering why them and not us.

Since that "magical" 2008 season presided over by VP of Football Bill Parcells, the Fins have gone 14-24.

Parcells snuck out the door sometime last year.

It goes back a ways… and it's very funny how it all came together and fell apart.

Then, Bill Parcells hopped on board in 2008, the team signed Chad Pennington, re-introduced the Wildcat formation, and the Fins went from worst to first posting an 11-5 season.

In the wake of that season, lots of people here were freaking out pointing to how quickly a team can turn around… wondering why them and not us.

Since that "magical" 2008 season presided over by VP of Football Bill Parcells, the Fins have gone 14-24.

BPLoDR

:thumbsup:

This is a team that has imploded. Their problems are mostly mental at this point and it's not going to get any better for them until they replace Sparano. Even then, they have a big hill to climb to get back to any semblance of respectability.

I effing LOVE IT!!!!!!

Remember people who guffawed at the notion that the Fins would be worse than the Bills? With all the chaos Miami had at QB how did anyone think they would be competitive?

PTR

Well, the receiver drops have been worse than anyone predicted I think.... Just for starters. It also seems that Brandon Marshall is the closest they have to a vet leader right now- oops!

If Marshall caught just half the balls he's dropped in the endzone this season might be far different.

Well, the receiver drops have been worse than anyone predicted I think.... Just for starters. It also seems that Brandon Marshall is the closest they have to a vet leader right now- oops!

If Marshall caught just half the balls he's dropped in the endzone this season might be far different.

Or even choosing to stay in-bounds in order to reach the endzone!

Remember people who guffawed at the notion that the Fins would be worse than the Bills? With all the chaos Miami had at QB how did anyone think they would be competitive?

PTR

I personally thought the Dolphins were going to suck. No QB, tried to replace their head coach, 2 new RBs....sounds like a rebuilding year to me

PTR

I remember there were many, but can't keep track - all I know is what I predicted...

Bills

Jets

Cheatriettes*

Dolphins

Should be an interesting second half of the season - toughest games are behind us now...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"We expect to win 'em all." - Chan Gailey

17 and 2 baby!!!!! B-)

from my perspective, every time Miami plays a night game this season and I see Sparano wearing sunglasses (even during the PCs), I can't help thinking it's night time, take off the f'ing sunglasses, and maybe you can see the game!

I don't have proof but I did read somewhere that he has a problem with eyes so he needs to wear shades.

First, the owner screwed up at the start of the year by trying to hire Jim Harbaugh right under Tony Sparano's nose, and when Harbaugh chose the 49'ers it made Tony a lame duck HC. What player is going to think the HC has any power under those circumstances.

Second, then HC / GM makes a bid for Denver QB Kyle Orten right under the starting QB's Chad Henne's nose, then when that trade falls thru the Dolphins go forward with Henne. Now you would think if they don't think he is good enough to be the starter they should have gone after another QB to be the starter.

Then they ditch Ronnie Brown and Rickey Williams for Reggie Bush and a rookie RB. This team is totally dysfunctional and both the GM and HC will be fired very shortly. The owner is looking around the league right now for replacements. I think DC Mike Nolan will be the interim HC after TS is fired, not sure about the GM. I think Nolan will do much better then TS, as he was a HC in SF.

I have no idea why teams want to promote line coaches to head coaches, not only do they not know how to run the defense, they also don't know how to run the offense. So how can they possibly know what to look for in QB's or figure out what the problems are on offense?

PS savor and relish this season of Dolphin failure, because if they get Andrew Luck and Bill Cowher it won't be this good ever again

Edited by Fear the Beard

First, the owner screwed up at the start of the year by trying to hire Jim Harbaugh right under Tony Sparano's nose, and when Harbaugh chose the 49'ers it made Tony a lame duck HC. What player is going to think the HC has any power under those circumstances.

Second, then HC / GM makes a bid for Denver QB Kyle Orten right under the starting QB's Chad Henne's nose, then when that trade falls thru the Dolphins go forward with Henne. Now you would think if they don't think he is good enough to be the starter they should have gone after another QB to be the starter.

Then they ditch Ronnie Brown and Rickey Williams for Reggie Bush and a rookie RB. This team is totally dysfunctional and both the GM and HC will be fired very shortly. The owner is looking around the league right now for replacements. I think DC Mike Nolan will be the interim HC after TS is fired, not sure about the GM. I think Nolan will do much better then TS, as he was a HC in SF.

I have no idea why teams want to promote line coaches to head coaches, not only do they not know how to run the defense, they also don't know how to run the offense. So how can they possibly know what to look for in QB's or figure out what the problems are on offense?

PS savor and relish this season of Dolphin failure, because if they get Andrew Luck and Bill Cowher it won't be this good ever again

I have confidence the dolphins will find a way to screw that up too :)

Feels really good to know the Bills are in a much better place right now than the fish. I live in Florida and get sick pleasure out of hearing friends tell me the team is so bad they are done with them. Can't wait to play them twice!!!

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. He didn't and it isn't. Just enjoy the My Yami nosedive. .

Edited by DrFishfinder

the owner trying to replace him in the offseason didnt help but i dont think he is a good head coach, had a lucky year playing last place schedule

they are obviously trying to suck for luck at this point otherwise he would have been fired already

I remember there were many, but can't keep track - all I know is what I predicted...

Bills

Jets

Cheatriettes*

Dolphins

Should be an interesting second half of the season - toughest games are behind us now...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"We expect to win 'em all." - Chan Gailey

17 and 2 baby!!!!! B-)

i dont know how you can say that with road games vs Dallas, Jets, Chargers and Pats still on the schedule with a 3 game road trip mixed in there

Come on, the dolfags aren't that bad. Because of the Jets and Dolphins brilliant performances this week and our lackluster showing during the bye week, Jerry Sullivan says we're going to lose our games to both of them now. So they must be good. :wallbash:

God I hate that guy.

Edited by biglukes

This is a team that has imploded. Their problems are mostly mental at this point and it's not going to get any better for them until they replace Sparano. Even then, they have a big hill to climb to get back to any semblance of respectability.

I effing LOVE IT!!!!!!

The Dolphins always find a way to play the Bills tough. And Buffalo tends to play down to the level of their opponent.The Dolphins just might surprise us. I hope not!!!

Though it was truly amazing to see how quickly they did turn it around in 2008 ... maybe equally as impressive how quickly that derailed. I think it does go to show just how important a QB is to a team. While the wildcat added a new wrinkle it would seem that much of their success was tied to Pennington playing about as well as he could under the circumstances.