Who else is starting to think Kyle Williams

Estro

He has bone spurs - recovery 4-5 months, not sure what options are available for him. You don't have to have to mountain in the middle- do you want him to make plays thats fine Williams does that or clog middle and other make plays- that guy he's not.

Just out of curiosity, I'm not doubting this, but where did you hear this. I feel as though they've been pretty quiet about what the problem is. I assume you know someone who knows someone?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah apparently its his heel area, and he cannot push off of it at all...not only does this sound like a problem that could derail his season, it sounds like one of those issues that could derail his career if it becomes a chronic condition that keeps coming back and coming back, sort of like what Peter Forsberg had...

I'm gonna cut Williams from my fantasy tug of war team.

Just out of curiosity, I'm not doubting this, but where did you hear this. I feel as though they've been pretty quiet about what the problem is. I assume you know someone who knows someone?

Second half is starting… I gotta see a man about a horse.

I agree. Spiller's another great example. Could have moved him while there was still some perceived upside. Now we'll be saddled with the dude until we cut him maybin style. We should also think hard about moving fitzpatrick and jackson asap while they still have some value. As crazy as it sounds, dareus shouldn't be far behind...we're at least seven years away from fielding a competitive roster, at which time dareus will be on the backside off his career.

Sarcasm is so overrated. But I'll play.

We should defenately live Kyle here in Buffalo. He's a great guy and a great player that has overachieved by miles more than most thought he would have or should have considering where he was drafted. However, (ready for the sarcasm?) It's such a good idea to keep and overpay for the same the same guy that has only proved that he doesn't do what were asking of him and his position. Last I checked, a DT in a 3/4 was there to eat up blockers and take upbhige space in the middle of the line so that the other team can't run on you very easily. It's frustrating that our run D has been one of the worst in the history of the franchise with Kyle anchoring the middle of that very same line. Now, I'll agree that he's not the only problem with the D and if not for him it would probably be worse. However, this is a square peg in a round hole situation. Kyle is great at pass penetration up the middle and manages to make himself skinny enough to get into the backfield as often as he does. He's a 4/3 DT and is playing out of position. We need monsters up front eating up blocks and stopping these runners, not guys slipping past the oline and overpenetrating and not doing his job on defense.

I still say I love Kyle and I'm glad he's on this team. I'm just pointing out that he plays out of position, doesn't do the job that is asked out of a 3/4 DT, was worth the most we ever would have recieved in a trade for him (probably a 1st or more) and he's probably already shown us the best year he's ever going to have, which really wasn't that great considering he only made the probowl because he was an alternate. But if you want to believe he's so great and irreplaceable then I guess well see who will be dissapointed in a few years.

Honestly, just like McGee over Greer or any other similarities that I'm too tired to point to, we overpaid for Williams and should have traded him when he was worth the highest value your ever gonna get got him. Just my .02 but I'm sure I'll get burned, stabbed, stoned, and hung to death for saying this.

You don't trade pro-bowl defensive linemen. You just don't.

You don't trade pro-bowl defensive linemen. You just don't.

Yup. Or 1st round overrated WRs that haven't done anything on thier new team. Or 1st round RBs that have had 1 good run on his new team. Or 1st round RBs that have been bounced around and not welcomed on any team they've been on since Buffalo. Williams is playing out of position for a true NT and doesn't help stuff the run nearly as much as he penetrates against the pass. And let's get over the Pro Bowl status that he was lucky to recieve. Just about anyone can make the pro bowl now days because nobody wants to risk a stupid all star game on a potential serious injury. Especially since it's played before the Super Bowl now. I already said I love Williams and I'm glad he's on this team. Just saying you could have gotten much more in return in draft picks than what he is worth for this team. What do I know though, I was only right about Greer being better and less injury ridden as McGee, Jackson being better than Lynch (I still get a kick of howany idiots on this board argued with me over this), Johnson and Fitz are doing better this year than a year ago and doing it without our so called #1 WR/Decoy taking all the double coverage. Bell over Peters, etc, etc, etc... Of course I've been wrong about a few things here and there but I was ridiculed so much over most of these that I like giving everyone a big F U every once in a while.

It kind of reminds me of when Schobel was out a few years back. Not sure if it was turf toe or what, but he was definitely hurting that year. I remember he was in and out of games and eventually ended up on IR. Really hope this doesn't happen to Kyle!

Not sure how some people have concluded that KW's problem is a bone spur or a problem with his heel - - although I suppose it could have been reported somewhere. Here's info about Schobel's foot problem:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/11/05/the-nature-of-a-lis-franc-foot-injury/

We don't have much info to go on, but based on the treatment options KW talked about in the interview, it seems at least possible that KW has a Lisfranc injury. But immobilization followed by surgery if necessary is probably recommended treatment for a whole host of other possible injuries, too.

Honestly, just like McGee over Greer or any other similarities that I'm too tired to point to, we overpaid for Williams and should have traded him when he was worth the highest value your ever gonna get got him. Just my .02 but I'm sure I'll get burned, stabbed, stoned, and hung to death for saying this.

Not possible. Wouldn't have passed the other team's physical!

Let's assume Williams needs surgery and won't be back until next year. I imagine that is the worst case scenario at this point. No need to trade him, and robably we would not get value if there is a question mark. He's been a very good defensive lineman and probably will be good next year.

The immediate problem is replacing him this year when we might be in a playoff run. I guess we have to dance with the girls we brought to the dance and see what they can do.

I don't know how serious it is but if you keep playing injured it won't heal as fast.

PTR

Exactly. I'd rather see him take a month or so and get it right and be full strength for the last four games.

If it's bone spurs my guess is its possible to take a needle before games without risking further injury, but they're usually careful about that stuff. I think rib injuries and heel/foot stuff is the only time they bring out the novacane.

We are gonna need the big fella if we plan on getting to the playoffs.

Not sure how some people have concluded that KW's problem is a bone spur or a problem with his heel - - although I suppose it could have been reported somewhere. Here's info about Schobel's foot problem:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/11/05/the-nature-of-a-lis-franc-foot-injury/

We don't have much info to go on, but based on the treatment options KW talked about in the interview, it seems at least possible that KW has a Lisfranc injury. But immobilization followed by surgery if necessary is probably recommended treatment for a whole host of other possible injuries, too.

that certainly sounds possible, I was wondering if he had a bad/slow responding case of plantar fasciitis? It can get pretty painful and they recommend immobilization in that event. Also seems like surgery is not that much an option and they thought he wouldn't be out too long, which makes me wonder about fasciitis.