Watching Redskins vs Panthers

Max997

Redskins can pressure the QB but I think they can be run on

It's early but Beck doesn't impress me and ironically just fumbled the ball

Cam Newton is the real deal. I hv no problem admitting I was wrong about him

I like toe matc h-up for the Bills here. The quick passing game will negate the pass rush somewhat and the Skins pass defense is not that good. The Bills "D" will need to stop the ru, which is something i am worried abouot. The Bills should run for 150 yards against the Skins so i see a Bills win -- 27-17

I was at the Carolina-Washington game. I expect Hightower to be out vs. the Bills. The knee injury didn't look good. He tried to hobble off and pulled up immediately. He tried to hop on one leg, that didn't work. Teammates came and lent him a shoulder. He tried to put pressure on it while they carried him off and couldn't. I think it'll be serious.

Santana Moss broke his hand and should be out, too.

The Redskins ran the ball on at least 80% of their plays in the first half, by the looks of it. Hightower was running good, but I'm not sure they wanted to trust the game in Beck's hands. After Hightower went down, the Skins' run game lost steam...fast.

When Beck threw, it was mostly on play action rollouts. Before Hightower went down, my impression was that the Bills should stack the box against the run and let our DBs cover wideouts, as Beck wasn't throwing much. When he started throwing more, he seemed to find the tight end more than anyone. On several plays facing pressure, he looked awful.

I agree with whoever said Washington looked vulnerable against the run. They play fast defense and definitely get after the QB, but the biggest runs were up the middle. Runs to the outside went know where, but screen passes worked. Cam also connected on several deep balls (20-30 yards).

The Redskins were without two starting offensive linemen today. One is out for the season and it's not clear Williams will be back for the Bills game. Now they've clearly lost Hightower and Moss (if he does have a broken hand). There other running backs are Ryan Torain (another injury waiting to happen) and Ray Helu, a hard running rookie who hasn't played that much. If Beck starts again at QB, we'll have to be careful because he's quite mobile. But mobile or not, we'll need to get pressure on him because without Moss, there receivers are not that great. At the end of the game, they put in a big rookie receiver (his first play this season) and he immediately ran a wrong route that led to an interception. I think his name his Hankerson. In the preseason, he was dropping passes. So the Redskins offense appears highly vulnerable at this point. The Bills have to take advantage of this opportunity. Are you listening Edwards?

I think everyone was wrong on him. I thought he was going to be a bigger bust than Leaf.

Good for Carolina for having the guts to pick him, and succeeding.

Speak for yourself, homey. The thought of Newton learning under Fitz, then playing in a Gailey system tailored to his strengths had me REAL excited...