Dareus

aussiebills

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't disagree but Troupe needs to step up. Dareus can't carry the load by himself especially with the rotations that must occur with D linemen.

Troupe's back is still ailing. Gonna have to he Heard. Or maybe move Dareus there.

I just hope he is okay with playing a thankless, but vital role. The knowledgeable people know what he is contributing but he doesn't get stats or highlight plays.

His teammates know and that's all he gives a damn about.

I just hope he is okay with playing a thankless, but vital role. The knowledgeable people know what he is contributing but he doesn't get stats or highlight plays.

Well said. I think one of the reasons we don't get sacks, is our schemes and playcalling. Aaron maybin sucks, but he's getting sacks in ny. Hopefully Edwards can get more aggressive, if not, get rid of the guy. We have good talent up front, and 2 very good safeties, we need to be more aggressive imo

I don't understand why we don't put Dareus in the NT position, while K. Williams is out, and put D. Edwards at one end and Carrington at the other. That would be a pretty good line, I think. In fact, I don't think it would be much of a drop off from our regular line. Dareus would make a fine NT, and Carrington is, I think, as good as Edwards. I just don't understand why they don't put that line out there and see what it does.

I don't understand why we don't put Dareus in the NT position, while K. Williams is out, and put D. Edwards at one end and Carrington at the other. That would be a pretty good line, I think. In fact, I don't think it would be much of a drop off from our regular line. Dareus would make a fine NT, and Carrington is, I think, as good as Edwards. I just don't understand why they don't put that line out there and see what it does.

If Merriman is out, what 4 LB's do you want to see out there on the field in that situation?

They've got better depth on the DLine and running a 4-3 puts their best players on the field.

I hope we draft Troupe's replacement next year. I'm tired of his bad back. Just IR the guy and bring in Jasper.

I don't understand why so many people are eager to see Jasper on the field. They guy cannot play nose tackle. He was completely ineffectual despite his enormous size in pre-season.

I'd love to see him succeed, but he's just a big body right now. he gets pushed around, can't use his hands. Troup with a bad back is better than he is.

i think we should play a bit more 4-3 with williams out, it would be pretty decent

That would allow Barnett and Shep to rotate through the Middle Backer position

And batten, moats to rotate through the outside backer roles with rotations with Merriman and Kelsay if they are back

Troupe pick is turning into a disaster. A 2nd round 300+ pounder that can't stay on the field and has shown nothing when he does. Because there was no faith in him we had to use a 1st round the very next season for the same position, passing on badly needed help at WR (green) or in the secondary (Peterson)

If Merriman is out, what 4 LB's do you want to see out there on the field in that situation?

They've got better depth on the DLine and running a 4-3 puts their best players on the field.

It would depend on the linebackers. Hopefully they use this bye to experiment with personnel and to put together a few packages that have something going for them. I think they can be alright, even with Williams out, if they use the right combination and go at it with the right plays.

Troupe pick is turning into a disaster. A 2nd round 300+ pounder that can't stay on the field and has shown nothing when he does. Because there was no faith in him we had to use a 1st round the very next season for the same position, passing on badly needed help at WR (green) or in the secondary (Peterson)

What are you actually talking about? I hope you are not indicating that the Bills drafted Dareus as an end/tackle because they didn't have faith in Troupe as a nose tackle/tackle? He's talented enough to play anywhere on the line but you're making stuff up here with your comments. They drafted Dareus because he was the best player available.

Drafted dareus as an interior DT/NT indicating they were unsure if troupe would grow into it. Pretty simple

They drafted dareus as a 3-4 DE that can play any position when called upon. Troupe is a NT (3-4), DT (4-3). He was the bpa at a position of need. I agree, troupe is a bust. Always injured and doesn't show jack when he plays, but dareus would've been the pick even if he showed something last year. Dareus was chosen because he's a monster, has nothing to do with troupe IMO.

They drafted dareus as a 3-4 DE that can play any position when called upon. Troupe is a NT (3-4), DT (4-3). He was the bpa at a position of need. I agree, troupe is a bust. Always injured and doesn't show jack when he plays, but dareus would've been the pick even if he showed something last year. Dareus was chosen because he's a monster, has nothing to do with troupe IMO.

Agree.

And when did Dareus have a bad game?

What game is he not double teamed on every play?

This may sound outlandish at first but seriously think about,

When was the last 1st round draft pick that made an impact for the Buffalo Bills in his rookie season?

Seriously, lets say you count Cornellius Bennet, even though he was drafted by the Colts? That's still 25 years ago.

Lets say you don't count Biscuit because he was drafted by the Colts . . .?????

Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas all didn't have spectacular rookie years.

Dareus has made a huge impact out of the gate and was responsible for the tipped pass that Florence ran back that broke the Patriots winning streak.

If he stays healthy and keeps getting the attention opposing teams gives him, or punishes them if they decide he only needs to be single teamed this will be one of the best picks in Buffalo Bills history.

It certainly appears as if Dareus is the most impactful 1st round rookie in Buffalo Bills history.

Edited by Why So Serious?