WR Terrell Owens Cleared to Play Football

Sniper

Heard on the radio, Titans are already sniffing around Owens...good for him...better for us.

Exactly. Thanks for the memories, T.O., but don't ever come near this team again. No thanks. Not now. Not ever again.

Edited by ExWNYer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, you guys are worrying about cutting Ruvell Martin? Give me a break.

He has a total of 3 friggin' tackles.

TDs are better than ST tackles. Any schmuck can play ST. Give me a HOF WR over a ST tackler any day.

Thanks

All day long I will take him......I love how people think T.O. is terrible......he's probably a top 3 wideout of all time......the mans old but still has it......he dropped 2 many balls last year but i am all for giving him a second chance.......sportscenter #1 story every week would be the Buffalo Bills if we win with him....lets do it........can i chip in ?

i assume martin is on the squad for his special teams work, is he any good on them??, just curious.

He's nearly as good a gunner as was Sam Aiken.

Cheap signing too.

why not go for it? we can get him for dirt cheap...

You guys are assuming he'll sign for cheap. Maybe, maybe not. He's had recent financial and other problems and there might not be much demand for his services. But he's also egotistical enough that I could see him pulling a Sprewell and walking away from the game because he refuses to play for less than he believes that he's worth.

T.O. behaved himself when he was here. I'll give him that.

However when I think back to T.O.'s tenure here the thing that sticks out in my mind are the 4 or 5 long passes that he quit on when they weren't perfectly thrown. Whereas an Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, etc would have slowed and leapt and fought for the ball, Owens' quit on those plays. He kept running while his body language screamed exasperation as the DB broke up the play or intercepted the pass. These are football player litmus tests for me and T.O. failed the tests, IMO.

As far as mentoring, I'm not seeing what he would add. Our WR corp has already been overachieving… they couldn't play any better.

And I don't like him as a "role model" either. One thing that bothered me about the Giants game was Stevie Johnson's reactions to the 2 interceptions Fitz threw. On the first one Stevie sat on the ground in frustration while Corey Webster returned the ball upfield. He made no effort to get up and get back into the play. I love Stevie (it was so cool that he attended the uniform unveiling as a fan during the lockout) but that play really disappointed me. Then on the second interception, Stevie grabbed Webster's facemask and received a 15-yard personal foul penalty… a really bad penalty at that moment in the game. I'd prefer that Owens not be around to poison the work ethic of this football team with his strongly diva-esque tendencies… and Stevie doesn't need someone like T.O. around at this point. He's already been weaned.

As I've said numerous times, I'd rather see us play our young players and find out what we have in house (including the practice squad).

Just my opinion.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Should we reunite the Ryan Fitzpatrick and Terrell Owens combo? After all they did look pretty good. Now Fitz is a better player in a better offense.

Owens Story

My first thought was hell no, but then I thought he still is good and has learned not to be a locker room problem. who would you cut to get him?

All day long I will take him......I love how people think T.O. is terrible......he's probably a top 3 wideout of all time......the mans old but still has it......he dropped 2 many balls last year but i am all for giving him a second chance.......sportscenter #1 story every week would be the Buffalo Bills if we win with him....lets do it........can i chip in ?

We don't know how good TO is post knee surgery. Also, who gives a crap if the Bills are sportscenter's #1 story every week.

You guys are assuming he'll sign for cheap. Maybe, maybe not. He's had recent financial and other problems and there might not be much demand for his services. But he's also egotistical enough that I could see him pulling a Sprewell and walking away from the game because he refuses to play for less than he believes that he's worth.

I think the man needs money and will take whatever job he can get

TBDers this is called logic:

However when I think back to T.O.'s tenure here the thing that sticks out in my mind are the 4 or 5 long passes that he quit on when they weren't perfectly thrown. Whereas an Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, etc would have slowed and leapt and fought for the ball, Owens' quit on those plays. He kept running while his body language screamed exasperation as the DB broke up the play or intercepted the pass. These are football player litmus tests for me and T.O. failed the tests, IMO.

As far as mentoring, I'm not seeing what he would add. Our WR corp has already been overachieving… they couldn't play any better.

And I don't like him as a "role model" either. One thing that bothered me about the Giants game was Stevie Johnson's reactions to the 2 interceptions Fitz threw. On the first one Stevie sat on the ground in frustration while Corey Webster returned the ball upfield. He made no effort to get up and get back into the play. I love Stevie (it was so cool that he attended the uniform unveiling as a fan during the lockout) but that play really disappointed me. Then on the second interception, Stevie grabbed Webster's facemask and received a 15-yard personal foul penalty… a really bad penalty at that moment in the game. I'd prefer that Owens not be around to poison the work ethic of this football team with his strongly diva-esque tendencies… and Stevie doesn't need someone like T.O. around at this point. He's already been weaned.

As I've said numerous times, I'd rather see us play our young players and find out what we have in house (including the practice squad).

Just my opinion.

This:

"I heard T.O. is healthy. Sign up!!!! I heard of him before. I think he has a lot of catches or something. Sign him! Sign him!"

Is not logic.

Signing T.O. is illogical in my opinion.

T.O. behaved himself when he was here. I'll give him that.

Just my opinion.

^This. I couldn't agree more with what you've said. The giving up on plays was the main detractor when he was here. There seemed to be a lot of pass breakups or interceptions that would not have occured had he not given up.

I say the guys not worth it. don't mess with our chemistry now.

yea that would be terrible having the bills as the top store in sports.......lets keep it "underground" cool guys....

Why are there so many fans who yearn for constant validation and approval from the likes of ESPN?

Who cares! If its a good football move, then its a good move. End of story.