Bye Week injury recoveries?

I think that it is a good time for the bye week for the Bills. They have alot of dinged up players. I have not heard anything about the recoveries of some of our injured players - anyone got anything on these guys:

- D. Bell

- D. Jones

- S. Meriman (not sure how critical this one is)

- C. Hairston

- C. Kelsay

We need one of the Left Tackles back as well as Jones.

Merriman claims he will be back, said the achilles was nothing unexpected.

See, this is what really confuses/scares me.

If it wasn't unexpected, that what do we expect? That he can play 3 or 4 weeks in a row and then needs time off? How much -- one week, two? Or do we expect he plays until it hurts and then he's out indefinitely?

See, this is what really confuses/scares me.

If it wasn't unexpected, that what do we expect? That he can play 3 or 4 weeks in a row and then needs time off? How much -- one week, two? Or do we expect he plays until it hurts and then he's out indefinitely?

Here's the article and I agree, does this mean he's playing injured all year? He says he realistically expected to play all 16 games but the flare up was not unexpected. Almost sounds like it flares up after every game and they have to see if it calms down before the next game.

Merriman's Achilles

This is why an 18 game regular season schedule is a bit scary. Football is just too violent of a sport to continue elongating the season. I'm all for dropping a preseason game or two. Actually might be better to drop one preseason game and add another bye week for teams later in the season.

D. Bell is looking probably for the Redskins game. Gailey was encouraged with his progress.

D. Jones claimed he would be back after the bye but that's pretty optimistic. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back for the Cowboys game.

S. Merriman is confident that he'll be back for the Redskins game. Besides the Achilles flare up, his shoulder has been bothering him since week 1 when someone landed on it. I wonder how close that is to being healthy?

C. Hairston - already noted by many.

C. Kelsay - calf injury that should be ready to go for the Redskins game.

K. Williams - undergoing several tests on his foot to determine the severity of the problem, something that has been lingering since camp.

A. Williams is shooting for 3-4 weeks.

I think that it is a good time for the bye week for the Bills. They have alot of dinged up players. I have not heard anything about the recoveries of some of our injured players - anyone got anything on these guys:

- D. Bell

- D. Jones

- S. Meriman (not sure how critical this one is)

- C. Hairston

- C. Kelsay

We need one of the Left Tackles back as well as Jones.

Hairston is out for a few weeks, but Bell is supposed to be back. Merriman says he will be back, he probably will, but he has been ineffective anyways, maybe partially due to his achilles and shoulder injuries. I hope Kelsay comes back, but read somewhere it might be longer. Jones still out for awhile. Williams should be back, he has been dealing with that foot injury since camp, I guess it flared up, so hopefully a few weeks will get him back. My gut feeling is if it was a playoff game, or there wasn't a bye the following week, Williams might have played sunday at NYG.

This is why an 18 game regular season schedule is a bit scary. Football is just too violent of a sport to continue elongating the season. I'm all for dropping a preseason game or two. Actually might be better to drop one preseason game and add another bye week for teams later in the season.

I agree. It's a case of it's not broke, so don't fix it. The 18 game movement reeks of a shameless money grab by the owners/networks/sponsors. All these parties have done extremely well. Don't go to that well one too many times. I'm sick of the prevailing "more more more!" mindset.

It's a good time for a bye week. If need be, give some guys an extra week to recover to make sure they r back in full health. At this time in the season it's not like we are at a critical point when the injured need to be rushed back into service. Plus this gives valuable experience to backups (some who will eventually become starters).

I don't have a problem with guys waiting to get healthy. If its a veteran, well then let the young guy get some reps. If its a rookie, then his long term health is the most important thing. We are getting to be a decent team and while I don't want to give up a shot at the superbowl, I expect we will be drafting somewhere at the top of the bottom third of the league (~ just making or not making the playoffs) and there the better we do, then it means our team is that much better. (Is that too simple a thing to realize?) Unless you are in the Luck lottery or targeting a top 5-7 pick special player, your draft position doesn't mean squat. Becoming a better team by 7 places is an indication that you have a couple of better players than the teams you beat and are that much closer to being a champion. I'm waiting to the half-way point in the season before I start posting "who do we have to beat, and who else has to beat whom,, to get us into the playoffs". I've been wishing for being able to do this for 1- to 15 years!!! :worthy: