Lloyd to the Rams

dayman

Rams have the right idea here. Buffalo's depth is killing us alone, and on top of that IMO we need an extra infusion of talent (even if Jones is healthy) to carry the offense the rest of the way b/c we can't stretch the field and right now we simply have to play better than our offense has been b/c our defense is arguably at the legit bottom spot in the league. I've heard there are other guys out there...I know Eddie Royal can be had and there are at least some (Shefter) who talk craziness about Wayne and Bowe. Anyway...all I'm saying here is we need a boost and I hope we at least consider strongly all options. Not sure what they are and I know we have almost no time...but I hope to God we can find something.

We can't stretch the defense because of fitzs arm.  Nothing to do with the wrs imo

I call BS on the arm strength argument, he hit T.O. multiple times, accuracy and touch came into play more than his arm strength with those INT's yesterday.

Rams have the right idea here. Buffalo's depth is killing us alone, and on top of that IMO we need an extra infusion of talent (even if Jones is healthy) to carry the offense the rest of the way b/c we can't stretch the field and right now we simply have to play better than our offense has been b/c our defense is arguably at the legit bottom spot in the league. I've heard there are other guys out there...I know Eddie Royal can be had and there are at least some (Shefter) who talk craziness about Wayne and Bowe. Anyway...all I'm saying here is we need a boost and I hope we at least consider strongly all options. Not sure what they are and I know we have almost no time...but I hope to God we can find something.

I would disagree. Not a good move by the Rams. Glad the bills didn't waste a pick to acquire him. Do you know what they had to give up to get him? Are they dedicated to resigning him after this year? Resigning is the only way to save face here because they haven't won a game and him alone is not going to be the difference in making the playoffs this year. Their year is done.

Denver won out big time because they will get a high pick in whatever round they agreed upon.

We can't stretch the defense because of fitzs arm.  Nothing to do with the wrs imo

Neither of those throws had to do with arm strength. They were not long bombs 40+ yard throws. The final interception was only a 25 yard pass. Every QB in the NFL has the arm strength to make that throw. It simply was just not accurate.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

BS on the Fitz's arm isn't strong enough garbage.

Teams don't respect the Bills deep... until we start hitting them to keep them honest, they will keep cheating up.

And with teams still cheating up, we are still able to run the ball and throw the ball pretty successfully. The offense is not the problem guys

I would disagree. Not a good move by the Rams. Glad the bills didn't waste a pick to acquire him. Do you know what they had to give up to get him? Are they dedicated to resigning him after this year? Resigning is the only way to save face here because they haven't won a game and him alone is not going to be the difference in making the playoffs this year. Their year is done.

Denver won out big time because they will get a high pick in whatever round they agreed upon.

Neither of those throws had to do with arm strength. They were not long bombs 40+ yard throws. The final interception was only a 25 yard pass. Every QB in the NFL has the arm strength to make that throw. It simply was just not accurate.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/125987308506853376

Either a 6th or 5th rounder.

I don't think his comment had anything to do with those two throws.

For a conditional 5th?

That seems like a GD deal to me.

Damn it! Now I have 3 STL Wrs on one of my Fantasy teams. I have Lloyd, MSW, and Gibson,

I drafted MSW and picked up Gibson, thinking someone has to catch Bradford's passes.

Someone has to catch Bradford's passes, right? Hey if it's LLoyd I still win, I guess.

:blink:

Edited by Why So Serious?

what a steal for the Rams... basically a 5th rounder for a guy that led the NFL in receiving yards last year playing in the same offense (it was McDaniels offense in Den last year and he is OC in StL this year), he's gonna be money for the rest of the year in StL.

The bills should have made a deal for someone at receiver. They lost multiple receiver for the year. I truely don't see Roscoe coming back, and if he does, you can't expect him to last the year. Easily has been out for 2 seasons, and has a heart aligmnet. I hope, but I won't count on him coming back at all. Even if it another weapon just for a year, the team is good, they have a solid base, they have a chance to make the playoff, they should really take full advantage of this. 3rd, 4th, or 5th is likely to be roll player, if they can get better this year using one of those pick they should go for it.

You're joking, right?

A team with a young franchise QB and struggling offense that lacks a legit #1 WR picks up a solid young vet for at most a 5th rounder?

Yeah, Denver made out big on this one! Sheesh.

You're joking, right?

A team with a young franchise QB and struggling offense that lacks a legit #1 WR picks up a solid young vet for at most a 5th rounder?

Yeah, Denver made out big on this one! Sheesh.

I don't understand this trade from either side. No need for Denver to trade him. If anything, why not give Tebow a full arsenal to see if he's the guy.

For the Rams, why rent a player for part of a year when you're season is over?

By the way, I initially predicted that Lloyd would go for a 5th; looks like I was right! (it'll be a 5th if he makes 30 catches). :worthy:

I don't understand this trade from either side. No need for Denver to trade him. If anything, why not give Tebow a full arsenal to see if he's the guy.

For the Rams, why rent a player for part of a year when you're season is over?

By the way, I initially predicted that Lloyd would go for a 5th; looks like I was right! (it'll be a 5th if he makes 30 catches). :worthy:

Why wouldn't the Rams sign him? He's not good enough for them? Would Denver had resigned him?

Why did The Broncos let him go? Ask football personel genius John Elway.

Why wouldn't the Rams sign him? He's not good enough for them? Would Denver had resigned him?

The Rams made out great here. Part of it might have been w/ McDaneils there he was willing to sign and stay. Hard to believe we wouldn't have offered a 6th/5th conditional. We would be stupid if we didn't.

Anyway Broncos seem to be sabotaging themselves. I get that he wanted out and they were going to get nothing, but they also were basically willing to do the same thing w/ Eddie Royal who is in the same position. It's almost like they just completely tanking, and throwing Tebow out to fail once (and for all) and are fine w/ bottoming out.

Rams might sign him, but it didn't sound like that was part of the deal.

If I had to guess, maybe Elway thought what Nix did in trading Evans away--they have young WR talent and want to see them play??

It's still a weird move by both teams.

The Broncos let him go because they have Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas. When you have that kind of young talent you don't pay big money for a 30 year old Brandon Lloyd. So they did well to clear the way for those guys to get experience and to get something for Lloyd before he'd walk in free agency for nada.

In the Rams case, why wouldn't they re-sign him? If they do then it makes sense for them as well.

Rams might sign him, but it didn't sound like that was part of the deal.

If I had to guess, maybe Elway thought what Nix did in trading Evans away--they have young WR talent and want to see them play??

It's still a weird move by both teams.

He walks and you might get a comp pick in the same or higher round. He knows the rams offense. Good move for them. Salary dump by Denver, with an added (likely imagined) endorsement of tebow.

BS on the Fitz's arm isn't strong enough garbage.

Teams don't respect the Bills deep... until we start hitting them to keep them honest, they will keep cheating up.

And with teams still cheating up, we are still able to run the ball and throw the ball pretty successfully. The offense is not the problem guys

The problem is more that the O-line can't protect Fitz long enough to get a receiver deep. Both NYG and CIN figured that out. pressure Fitz then crowd coverage close while keeping a spy on Jackson.

PTR