Brandon Lloyd In Buffalo?

Sniper

haven't read all the posts, so apologize if already stated.

one of the reasons Lloyd is on the trading block is that he publicly stated that "he preferred to play with Kyle Orton over Tebow".

http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/14/2489249/nfl-trade-rumors-brandon-lloyd-denver-broncos

This strikes me as an important point. He did well last year for the first time in his career, but the team went 4-12. They're trying to make the team better (Orton isn't the answer), which doesn't seem to concern him very much. And while you can't ever lay the blame for losing at the feet of one player, Brandon Lloyd has played on uninspired losing teams for pretty much his entire career: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LloyBr00.htm . Make of it what you will.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When all is said and done, I think the broncos will end up trading him for a 5th.

For a part-year rental, a 5th isn't outrageous, considering the injury problems we have at WR (losing basically 3 of our top 4 receivers in Jones, Parrish, and Easley).

That's my point. Even if Buddy wasn't expecting the Bills to be this good (who was?), THEY ARE! So go after it! Lloyd with SJ and Nelson in the slot makes this offense potent and would make the Bills legit contenders to win the AFC. Yeah, that's right....WIN THE AFC!

This strikes me as an important point. He did well last year for the first time in his career, but the team went 4-12. They're trying to make the team better (Orton isn't the answer), which doesn't seem to concern him very much. And while you can't ever lay the blame for losing at the feet of one player, Brandon Lloyd has played on uninspired losing teams for pretty much his entire career: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LloyBr00.htm . Make of it what you will.

He is a rental player who is playing for his next big contract. If he is a cancer, you cut him and lose a 3rd or 4th round pick. That is worst case scenario. If he comes here and plays anywhere near his current play then the Bills are a better team. I love Naaman but he shouldn't be our starting #2 receiver.

Reward outweighs risk in my opinion.

Why do people undervalue draft picks? Wasting a 3 or 4 is a big deal IMO.

PTR

I don't think people undervalue draft picks. It's the difference between getting a potentially good player in the draft or getting a proven NFL performer. Look at our past WR draft picks round 1-4 (since 2000): Marcus Easley(rd4), James Hardy(2), Roscoe Parrish (2), Lee Evans (1), Sam Aiken (4), Josh Reed (2), Avion Black (4). I would take Brandon Lloyd over at least half of these players for the next three years!

An interesting rumor tonight popped up around Bills Nation. If you have not yet heard, it has been reported by the sources of an infamous sports tweeter that the Bills are one of the teams interested in Brandon Lloyd.

Now before you shoot the idea down, I think it might have a little bit of water to it. Lets take a look at it closer:

The Broncos are making a QB switch

They are clearly planing for the future and could use draft picks to rebuild

They have a few young WRs coming back soon

They have Lloyd on the remaining year of his contract and might not want to pony up for a 30 year old receiver

...Read More Here

As soon as I saw he was on the trading block this was my immediate thought. Lloyd is good, always has been...His QB's have for the most part always been bad. I think he would be a very good pick up for this team... I would give up a 4th if we had to, but the price should be low since this is basically a half season loan... I would give a 3rd or more if we were able to lock him up for 3 years

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I don't see how he is worth it or even a compliment to Stevie. He isn't a burner and we already have enough guys without scary speed.

He only had one big year and otherwise has had an unremarkable career. I'd rather have a guy with some serious speed.

I don't think people undervalue draft picks. It's the difference between getting a potentially good player in the draft or getting a proven NFL performer. Look at our past WR draft picks round 1-4 (since 2000): Marcus Easley(rd4), James Hardy(2), Roscoe Parrish (2), Lee Evans (1), Sam Aiken (4), Josh Reed (2), Avion Black (4). I would take Brandon Lloyd over at least half of these players for the next three years!

What makes you think we would have him for the next 3 years?

I don't see how he is worth it or even a compliment to Stevie. He isn't a burner and we already have enough guys without scary speed.

He only had one big year and otherwise has had an unremarkable career. I'd rather have a guy with some serious speed.

You say he is not a "burner" but he is by no means slow. Heck, he averages 15.8 YPC for his career. He certainly is a better deep threat than anyone on the team, including SJ. I have watched him play his whole career, and he knows how to get open down field and make catches. The guy also has tremendous hands, and knows how to go up for the ball. He is well balanced and can make plays ANYWHERE on the field. I like SJ, but Lloyd is better...

IMO this guy is a top 10 receiver in this league, that has NEVER had a good QB throwing to him. Put him with Fitz and our offense could be lights out...

Lee Evans had serious speed, too bad that didn't equal production. I'll take Lloyd any day...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

He's a known complainer on the wrong side of 30 that only has had one good season in his eight years as a pro and his contract is up. The only reason he wants out of Denver is he wants to pad his stats to try and swindle someone out of a fat contract.

Are some of you insane?

You are welcome to your opinion, but name a single decent QB that has thrown a pass to him? Orton was the by far the best of a bad group, and you see what he did. The bottom line is the guy has talent (After SJ, we don't at WR).

Is it insane to wan't someone a little better than Naaman Roosevelt to be our number 2?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I doubt that the Bills even consider makeing. a trade for him. Buddy trades players for draft picks not draft picks for players.

Not true. Nix has always looked to upgrade his team in any way possible. He doesn't have such a rule. He obviously felt that a good WR for a fourth round pick was a fair exchange, and since then it's looking like Easley and Roscoe may never play again in Buffalo.

It also looks like we might make the playoffs this year, which was unexpected, and a proven 1400yd receiver might help us achieve that.

He's not going to ignore an upgrade chance because he has some etched rule against trading a pick for a player. Especially now that we have two 4th round picks.

More interesting question is who do you take between Lloyd and Wayne if both are available for the same price?

I don't see that happening. Even if it did I think I'd still rather have Lloyd. There is no doubt Wayne has talent, but is he really THAT good? Or were all of his great stats a result of being Manning's receiver for his whole career?...

I think Lloyd is more well rounded, and would fit in perfectly to our offense.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

This strikes me as an important point. He did well last year for the first time in his career, but the team went 4-12. They're trying to make the team better (Orton isn't the answer), which doesn't seem to concern him very much. And while you can't ever lay the blame for losing at the feet of one player, Brandon Lloyd has played on uninspired losing teams for pretty much his entire career: http://www.pro-footb.../L/LloyBr00.htm . Make of it what you will.

Agree 100%, there is no point bringing in a veteran who only knows how to lose. Reggie Wayne would be another story, I would endorse getting him for one of the 4th-round picks if possible.

You are welcome to your opinion, but name a single decent QB that has thrown a pass to him? Orton was the by far the best of a bad group, and you see what he did. The bottom line is the guy has talent (After SJ, we don't at WR).

Is it insane to wan't someone a little better than Naaman Roosevelt to be our number 2?

Yeah I saw what he did in 2009 with Orton, which was sit the bench because Jabar Gaffney outplayed him. This is a guy who got flat out CUT in Washington because he was terrible. They even had to eat $5.5 million and they still cut him lol.

The bottom line is that this guy is not that talented, and accumulated many of his yards last year in garbage time when the Broncos were getting blown out.

I don't think it's insane to want someone better than Naaman Roosevelt (who looked good last game). But those that want to sign him to a long term deal or give up a draft pick for him are nuts.