Brandon Lloyd In Buffalo?

Sniper

It's is simple as this....

Risk/Reward

Is it worth giving up a 3rd round pick to make sure you have a starting WR the next 3 games against solid but very beatable rivals where just going 2-1 against them puts you in a 70% position to host a home playoff game with a possible additional $12 million in revenue?

Sure, he will need to get up to speed, but the learning curve for this team has fast forwarded 18 months over the past 5 weeks. It's an insurance move with upside like this that good teams make....even if there is a risk of it not helping.

David Nelson needs to be in the slot, and even though Roosevelt is a gamer, he can't be a difference maker. Jones is a ? coming of the high sprain and with the amount of flowing running plays horizontal at the line this team has been using, it's only a matter of time before Freddy or Spiller get an awkward twist of their legs that keeps them out for more than a few plays.

A move like this will more than likely BOOST morale as it signals they are taking a shot this year.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I followed Lloyd closely when he was in Washington. Complete douche and very much about himself. I don't even think he really likes football that much. He has a lot of outside interests. I'd stay away from this guy. Far!

I used to cover Lloyd's games when he played at the University of Illinois. He was perceived as a diva, me-first type of guy who had tons of talent but couldn't put it all together. He was a key member of the Illini team that won the Big Ten in '01and played LSU (Josh Reed) in the Sugar Bowl in January 2002. The 2002 season had high hopes for Illinois but they underachieved and missed bowl eligibility. Lloyd's underachieving and locker room attitude was a part of the problem.

Maybe Lloyd has turned a new leaf and is a terrific teammate now in Denver? However, I remain skeptical and worry he would impact the team chemistry in Buffalo. Maybe Lloyd comes in and helps this team to reach Indy this year and he'll erase my doubts.

I followed Lloyd closely when he was in Washington. Complete douche and very much about himself. I don't even think he really likes football that much. He has a lot of outside interests. I'd stay away from this guy. Far!

It's reports like these that would make me wary of him too ... thanks, guys. I didn't know much about his history.

loyd makes spectacular catches, something donald hasnt ever done (so far) and stevie sort of does, nelson is not a starter on the outside, hes not quick enough, this leaves us really needing brandon who can also go deep. That being said, id take him for that reason alone for a fourth....

I know a player whos is also 30, faster than loyd and can go deep better than anyone. If only we had this guy, we would be set right now...I think his name is Lee something. Id give a fourth for this guy right now.

Edited by loserlovers

I like this deal if we beat the Giants. If not, then it's entirely too early to make this move. Even if we do pull the trigger, it would need to include an extension, and no more than a 3rd rounder, IMO.

Tim-

Yeah this is true. I agree with you on this.

loyd makes spectacular catches, something donald hasnt ever done (so far) and stevie sort of does, nelson is not a starter on the outside, hes not quick enough, this leaves us really needing brandon who can also go deep. That being said, id take him for that reason alone for a fourth....

I know a player whos is also 30, faster than loyd and can go deep better than anyone. If only we had this guy, we would be set right now...I think his name is Lee something. Id give a fourth for this guy right now.

Just looking at the stats from the last 2 0r 3 seasons, that Lee guy isn't good enough to carry Lloyds jock.

Just looking at the stats from the last 2 0r 3 seasons, that Lee guy isn't good enough to carry Lloyds jock.

Lloyd is on the upside of his career (ala Fred Jackson) and Lee Evans is on a spiral. We got a free forth round pick for someone who has not even played yet.

ill tell ya what he can catch a lot of badly thrown balls.. just get it in his vicinity and he will make a play on it

still cant figure out why he wasnt able to do that earlier in his career but he is doing it now.

i'm as concerned as anyone about impact on the locker room, but his talent is undeniable

I would trade the 4th we got for Evans in a heart beat. Hell, I'd trade the 4th back to the Ravens for Evans and let them trade a 3 to Denver for him. How about that? EH?

I would like to see us make some move here, Jones getting healthy doesn't do it for me. I like Jones enough, but to bring in someone at this point would infuse new life in what is starting to fizzle a little. We are thin, a big play maker dropped in could be the fire to keep us going and get those 10/11 wins we need.

I love our receivers...but we are definitely thin right now.

...yeah, given his skills I think I'd go for a three. If we can get him for a 4th then great. I'll even go a step farther and say that if we get him for a fourth I am OK if he doesn't end up signing with us past this year. Reason being is that I think we have good talent going forward.

EDIT: BTW, if this rumor has legs and you are a Buffalo Bill and your last name is Martin...you should be worried.

When Ruvell fell on his ass coming out of that break, well that didn't help him at all.

Would you agree that his should be signed for a 3 year 18 million dollar deal? I think we can fit him in. Its all about if its money well spent, and to make our WRs top of the league, I think its money well spent.

I agree. If the price is 3 years/18 million I'm fine with that. WR's don't hit the 30 year old age wall like RB's. Lloyd is entering his prime, and having him and Johnson would be difficult for any D to cover, esp. with his ability to go over the middle and Nelson's ability to go over the middle. You could really expand your passing playbook by brining him in. We'd have way too many weapons for a D to cover. We could go 4 wide: Johnson, Nelson, Jones, Lloyd, and have Jackson in the backfield, and then either throw or pass. No way to know what's coming, and no way to stop it. I'd def give up a 3rd rounder for him. That said, this move makes too much sense for the Bills FO to make.

Edited by RyanC883

its not an ive heard of him response. but instead of trading for anybody with our wr woes, i would much rather approach TO. he is familiar with fitz sign him for the season and never again. just a stop gap guy while we wait for injuries. whats the worst that can happen, he plays poorly, that wont be worse than the 10th guy on the depth chart (that might actually be true).

i didnt want him in the off season, and i dont want him next. but both of our situations seem to match perfectly. we are playing good ball right now, and would hate to see us grab an aging non-hofer for a draft pick when we could just simply get one for some relatively cheap cash.

ps i hope obd is over the media play with big signings, please no lebron james...haha