Aaron Curry to the Raiders

Dan III

i remember them saying he was the safest pick in the draft and it wasn't kiper it was everyone from mayock to actual nfl scouts. Im just starting to become more and more a fan of buddys sec strategy. Wake is a small school and even in the acc probably doesn't see the opponents a marcel dareus or sheppard saw on a weekly basis.

Seattle sucks. I think this kid will find his rythym. Sometimes you need to be on a different team. Look at Fitz. He bounced around as a backup until he had Chan.

There is some truth to that...maybe. Sometimes a bust is a bust. But it's also possible a player gets hurt, misused or badly coached. A lot of factors in play.

This is one reason why I roll my eyes at all the Andrew Luck hype, like it's etched in stone that he's a future hall of famer.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

i remember them saying he was the safest pick in the draft and it wasn't kiper it was everyone from mayock to actual nfl scouts. Im just starting to become more and more a fan of buddys sec strategy. Wake is a small school and even in the acc probably doesn't see the opponents a marcel dareus or sheppard saw on a weekly basis.

Amen.

I have said it before on here, Ralph Wilson noticed that the SEC has won or played for the National Chamnpionship the last 6 years. He went out and got a guy that knows the south inside and out. He also got a coach with a lot of Southern ties.

Sorry to my northern friends, but football is king in the South. Give me guys from the SEC all day long, and i cant fault you. They see the best competition week in and week out. If you can be a stud in the SEC you will more likely be a solid player in the pro's then a guy from Big Ten or Pac Ten

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Curry was not universally thought of as a "sure thing." His measurables and football character were off of the charts. But the lack of explosive plays in college - sacks especially (he had only 9.5 over four years at Wake) - had some draft analysts worried about whether he was truly worth a top-five pick. It's still a surprise that he'd be demoted and traded so quickly...

I have seen him play every game for the past two years. He is no Maybin. Guy has strength, a motor and tonnes of heart. I don't know what happened with him and the coaches, but he hits hard and consistently gets into the backfield and makes plays. Something is off on this one. Fans were on his case for some boneheaded plays, but they weren't for lack of effort. Maybe he doesn't listen to instruction as well as they would like?

The Raiders are going to win the AFC West.

Perhaps, but do you think it will be because they picked up Curry? I don't...

Amen.

I have said it before on here, Ralph Wilson noticed that the SEC has won or played for the National Chamnpionship the last 6 years. He went out and got a guy that knows the south inside and out. He also got a coach with a lot of Southern ties.

Sorry to my northern friends, but football is king in the South. Give me guys from the SEC all day long, and i cant fault you. They see the best competition week in and week out. If you can be a stud in the SEC you will more likely be a solid player in the pro's then a guy from Big Ten or Pac Ten

Yep. That is why the team has turned around so fast.

You mean the drafts gurus......WERE WRONG??? :w00t:

PTR

Not necessarily but their "batting average" is pretty ordinary.

Seattle sucks. I think this kid will find his rythym. Sometimes you need to be on a different team. Look at Fitz. He bounced around as a backup until he had Chan.

I agree. One game in particular sticks out in my mind when Curry was a rookie in a game against the St. Louis Rams. Curry looked awesome. Big motor, very physical, and a mean streak.

Don't know what happened to him but every once in awhile, a player and a team don't seem to fit well. Also, he was drafted by the previous regime so that might factor in too.

not even close to comparable. poz was a 2nd rounder for a reason. curry looked like a !@#$ing beast. absolutely can't miss type of player. i'm pretty shocked.

maybe he becomes the player he should've been in oakland. he's got crazy talent.

it bothers me that i can't tell if you're being sarcastic....

I agree that I've seen Curry look like a beast on NFL playing fields. I couldn't believe when I heard the news that he'd been demoted behind Chris White's college teammate, KJ Wright.

And yes, The Senator is being sarcastic.