Anyone else scared to death...

NobesBLO13

I'm not thinking strictly about 2012.

If he goes to the Dolphins, so be it. How would it be any different than him being on the Colts? If he creates a ZOMG AWESOME TEAM magically for a 15 year career and his team goes to the Superbowl every year, what does it matter if he's in our division or elsewhere in the AFC?

Remember the last time the Bills were in the playoffs? They were an 11-5 team playing a road wildcard game against a 13-3 team. Meanwhile a garbage 9-7 Seattle team was hosting an equally garbage 9-7 Miami team that same weekend. Why do you suppose that was?

Jacksonville has also played road wildcard games in their last two playoff appearances against teams they finished "ahead of" in the conference standings - NE in '06 and Pittsburgh in '07.

So it's pretty foolish to think that teams in Peyton Manning's division haven't been hurt by his presence because he's only won one SB.

There is also the matter of playing him twice/year.

Edited by BuffOrange

I don't know...the Dolphins franchise is a far cry from what it was during the Shula era...maybe they can ruin Luck...NFL history is filled with examples of "sure things" that are ruined by being drafted by moribund franchises...it doesn't seem like the Dolphins have a clue as to what they are doing, these days.

This is what Im counting on and hoping for.

I have firmly staked my flag. I do not believe that Andrew Luck will live up to the hype.

Good for you! Have the courage of your convictions - you might be right! I have no desire to change your opinion about Luck. (I myself am reserving final judgment for much later in the process.) But comparing pre-draft expectations of Andrew Luck and Reggie Bush is wildly off base. You can disagree with a consensus opinion without making up strawman arguments. The fact of the matter is, Andrew Luck is on pace to be the highest-rated draft prospect since John Elway. There's still plenty of time before the draft for him to lower his stock, but if he keeps playing the way he is now, he'll probably get the highest grade since Elway. That doesn't guarantee that he'll be an elite NFL quarterback, or even a decent one. But if he keeps up his current pace, the only pre-draft hype comparable to Luck's will be Elway's. Even Peyton Manning had a large number of pre-draft dissenters who believed that Ryan Leaf was the better prospect, and that Manning was overhyped because of his dad.

And I'm genuinely curious about these repeated statements from Luck that he's staying in school until 2013. What's the deal with that?

Remember the last time the Bills were in the playoffs? They were an 11-5 team playing a road wildcard game against a 13-3 team. Meanwhile a garbage 9-7 Seattle team was hosting an equally garbage 9-7 Miami team that same weekend. Why do you suppose that was?

Jacksonville has also played road wildcard games in their last two playoff appearances against teams they finished "ahead of" in the conference standings - NE in '06 and Pittsburgh in '07.

So it's pretty foolish to think that teams in Peyton Manning's division haven't been hurt by his presence because he's only won one SB.

There is also the matter of playing him twice/year.

Call me a fool all you want, if he's in the conference and he's some sort of football Jesus, we are going to have to go through him either way to get to the big game. I'm not shaking in my britches. :)

I think the Dolphins beat a couple of teams in 2011 and miss out on Luck.

The list of bottom dwellers is long. St. Louis, Minnesota, Arizona, Phily & Carolina are the NFC front runners, and in the AFC I'd include Miami, but also Indy, Jacksonville, Denver and Cleveland.

There are 10 teams in play to me, I'd put my money on St. Louis in the NFC (could off-load Bradford and his big pre-2011 salary) and Cleveland in the AFC (Cleveland is a mess). I really think its going to be Cleveland I see 3 winnable games on their schedule with the way things are going right now and I am willing to bet they win 1 or 2 more games max.

You know what? I honestly hope they DO get Luck. Dareus, and Williams need a fresh rookie to practice tee-ing off on! If there's anything left after that, it sure won't be enough to help Miami. Blame it on South Beach, The mega-hot babes down there, or whatever. Those Players simply cannot perform in that environment. All they can wish for is the return of the South Florida "cocaine" days. -At least that would dull the sting of their perpetual irrelevancy. Go ahead and draft Luck. It would be great for our division. As terrible as the Jets are playing right now, he could even end up there. Either way, one inescapable truth remains: Sooner or later, LUCK runs out.

It's early but I'm getting worried that Miami could be bad enough to win the Luck lottery. Sry if this was already mentioned. We've dealt with Brady long enough we don't need another franchise QB in our division given he lives up to the hype.

Ain't worked about it. He hasn't proven himself to be the NFL caliber QB yet and won't know till he is there. Could be getting worked up over nothing. Lets get to the SB that is all that matters.

I like Luck, he looks good. Seems to have all the things you covet in a QB. But I would stop well short of being scared of him being drafted by Miami. Luck does almost everything out of play action and has his entire college career. He won't have that luxury in the NFL. Stanford ranks 84th in the nation in passing efficiency on clear passing downs and distances. 2nd and 8 or more, 3rd and 5 or more, and 4th down. That's a startling stat considering they rank top 20 in nearly every other offensive category.