Anyone else scared to death...

NobesBLO13

No.

I know that there are fans out there who think that the all powerful Andrew Luck will smite any team any where at any level just by showing up. But, I'd prefer to see him take a professional snap first. Nay, I'd prefer he offer any evidence, whatsoever, that belies his repeated claims that he plans to finish his education in 2013 before opting for the NFL.

The last time there was this kind of consensus around a "franchise savior" his name was Reggie Bush, he wasn't even taken first overall, he has yet to live up to the hype (shocking) and ironically to this topic, he now plays for the Dolphins.

Anyone who uses the phrase "Luck Lotto" has credibility concerns, IMO.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am more interested in who the Bills will pick to be the air apparent to Fitz !! There are a couple of guys playing that i think are very worthy candidates to fill his shows .

Although the media doesn't or fans don't think so i think Kellen Clemens from Boise is going to be a great NFL QB , the guy from OU doesn't look half bad either . So screw miami !!

:worthy: GO BILLS !!!!! :worthy:

Edited by T master

Anyone who thinks that ONE ROOKIE is going to change the culture in that locker room...

Does it really matter?

I'd rather have a good all around team than a team with a HOF QB and absolute **** surrounding him. The Dolphins have more problems than just QB.

I know that there are fans out there who think that the all powerful Andrew Luck will smite any team any where at any level just by showing up.

Everyone seems to be thinking strictly about 2012. "No way a rookie can do __". Well yah, but so what. I don't want the best prospect coming out of college since Elway in our division for the next 15 years - pretty simple really.

I don't think they're going to lose enough games to get him though.

No.

I know that there are fans out there who think that the all powerful Andrew Luck will smite any team any where at any level just by showing up. But, I'd prefer to see him take a professional snap first. Nay, I'd prefer he offer any evidence, whatsoever, that belies his repeated claims that he plans to finish his education in 2013 before opting for the NFL.

The last time there was this kind of consensus around a "franchise savior" his name was Reggie Bush, he wasn't even taken first overall, he has yet to live up to the hype (shocking) and ironically to this topic, he now plays for the Dolphins.

Anyone who uses the phrase "Luck Lotto" has credibility concerns, IMO.

The Reggie Bush comment is ridiculous, but I'll respond to it anyway. No one was talking about tanking for Reggie Bush. No one was talking about Bush being the best RB prospect in decades. And even if they were, so what? A superstar RB hasn't single-handedly turned around a team since the 70s. This is a quarterback's league. QB is by far the most important position in today's NFL. You can't win without a decent one, and if you have an elite one, you're a playoff contender every year.

As for Luck, when has he ever mentioned 2013? Pardon me if I've missed these "repeated statements", but this is all I've ever seen:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/sports/college/football&id=7884228

'Luck pretty much confirmed that in a statement which reads: "I am committed to earning my degree in architectural design from Stanford University and am on track to accomplish this at the completion of the spring quarter in 2012."'

I have yet to see anything from Andrew Luck claiming that he wants to get a graduate degree, nor have I seen anything claiming that he's taking a partial course load this year. He is a senior by normal college reckoning, even though he has an additional year of NCAA eligibility beyond this one.

Now, the Stanford spring quarter does run from March to June, so it's possible that Luck could be so committed to school that he skips the combine and workouts to focus on his last few classes, and maybe he even thinks that being draft-eligible will be too big a distraction in the first place, so he doesn't put his name in. But do you seriously think that after he graduates on June 17th, 2012 that he'll go back to Stanford for another year? That's preposterous, and I wish I knew someone who felt that way so I could bet against it. The realistic counter-scenario is that Luck does not declare for the 2012 draft, but does declare for the 2012 supplemental draft following his graduation. And as Bills fans, that's what we should be hoping for, because the supplemental draft order is randomly determined. We're out of the #1 pick sweepstakes, but we're still in the #1 supplemental pick sweepstakes, baby!

Does it really matter?

I'd rather have a good all around team than a team with a HOF QB and absolute **** surrounding him. The Dolphins have more problems than just QB.

Amen.

I have to say it is amazing how Luck Derangement Syndrome is the new disease in the message board world. Lose a game, then might as well lose them all to get Andrew Luck!

Please note that the 1968 Pittsburgh Steelers won one too many games to get OJ Simpson. They drafted some guy named Greene instead, and turned out OK.

The Reggie Bush comment is ridiculous, but I'll respond to it anyway. No one was talking about tanking for Reggie Bush. No one was talking about Bush being the best RB prospect in decades. And even if they were, so what? A superstar RB hasn't single-handedly turned around a team since the 70s. This is a quarterback's league. QB is by far the most important position in today's NFL. You can't win without a decent one, and if you have an elite one, you're a playoff contender every year.

I mean seriously, comparing this guy to Reggie Bush and then throwing out "credibility" jabs...wow. :wallbash:

As for Luck, when has he ever mentioned 2013? Pardon me if I've missed these "repeated statements", but this is all I've ever seen:

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/sports/college/football&id=7884228

'Luck pretty much confirmed that in a statement which reads: "I am committed to earning my degree in architectural design from Stanford University and am on track to accomplish this at the completion of the spring quarter in 2012."'

I have yet to see anything from Andrew Luck claiming that he wants to get a graduate degree, nor have I seen anything claiming that he's taking a partial course load this year. He is a senior by normal college reckoning, even though he has an additional year of NCAA eligibility beyond this one.

Now, the Stanford spring quarter does run from March to June, so it's possible that Luck could be so committed to school that he skips the combine and workouts to focus on his last few classes, and maybe he even thinks that being draft-eligible will be too big a distraction in the first place, so he doesn't put his name in. But do you seriously think that after he graduates on June 17th, 2012 that he'll go back to Stanford for another year? That's preposterous, and I wish I knew someone who felt that way so I could bet against it. The realistic counter-scenario is that Luck does not declare for the 2012 draft, but does declare for the 2012 supplemental draft following his graduation. And as Bills fans, that's what we should be hoping for, because the supplemental draft order is randomly determined. We're out of the #1 pick sweepstakes, but we're still in the #1 supplemental pick sweepstakes, baby!

I mean seriously, comparing this guy to Reggie Bush and then throwing out "credibility" jabs...wow. :wallbash:

I have firmly staked my flag. I do not believe that Andrew Luck will live up to the hype. I cannot be talked out of this. I will go so far as to admit that I am willfully blind to any potential you try to convince me of. Just like the doom and gloomers wait like hyenas to pick at the carcasses of beleaguered Bills optimists once things turn sour, I patiently await the moment I can emerge and be the one to say "I told ya so!" once Andrew Luck fizzles out, as I'm certain he will.

There's simply no arguing with me on this, it's a waste of your time. This is a long term strategy I've adopted, and I'll remain deaf/blind to any evidence you try and present.

Andrew Luck will be go down as one of the most over-hyped players in college/NFL history. He is doomed to mediocrity, and he has today's fervent media turbine to blame for the bust-label that will burden him for the rest of his life.

Don't be a pawn in the media's game.

Join me now. Be one of the few that has to courage to stand up and say that Andrew Luck can never be the player he's touted to be.

Edited by The Big Cat

I have firmly staked my flag. I do not believe that Andrew Luck will live up to the hype. I cannot be talked out of this. I will go so far as to admit that I am willfully blind to any potential you try to convince me of. Just like the doom and gloomers wait like hyenas to pick at the carcasses of beleaguered Bills optimists once things turn sour, I patiently await the moment I can emerge and be the one to say "I told ya so!" once Andrew Luck fizzles out, as I'm certain he will.

There's simply no arguing with me on this, it's a waste of your time. This is a long term strategy I've adopted, and I'll remain deaf/blind to any evidence you try and present.

Andrew Luck will be go down as one of the most over-hyped players in college/NFL history. He is doomed to mediocrity, and he has today's fervent media turbine to blame for the bust-label that will burden him for the rest of his life.

Join me now. Be one of the few that has to courage to stand up and say that Andrew Luck can never be the player he's touted to be.

:worthy:

It's early but I'm getting worried that Miami could be bad enough to win the Luck lottery. Sry if this was already mentioned. We've dealt with Brady long enough we don't need another franchise QB in our division given he lives up to the hype.

You're kidding right? You're scared to death of a quarterback who has never played a down in the NFL? Bring him on. I could care less who gets Luck as long as the Bills keep winning football games.

Your definition of courage is different than most. Saying that he won't live up to the hype might be the least courageous prediction ever; because odds are pretty good he won't be one of the 2-3 best QB's ever. Living up to the hype and having a mediocre career are two vastly different things.

Everyone seems to be thinking strictly about 2012. "No way a rookie can do __". Well yah, but so what. I don't want the best prospect coming out of college since Elway in our division for the next 15 years - pretty simple really.

I don't think they're going to lose enough games to get him though.

I'm not thinking strictly about 2012.

If he goes to the Dolphins, so be it. How would it be any different than him being on the Colts? If he creates a ZOMG AWESOME TEAM magically for a 15 year career and his team goes to the Superbowl every year, what does it matter if he's in our division or elsewhere in the AFC?

I hope he lands in the NFC, outside of that, I couldn't care less.

For decades, the Phrase "scared to death" hasn't been mentioned in connection with the Miami Dolphins. Why start now? Because of Luck? Puh-lease. Anyone who thinks that ONE ROOKIE is going to change the culture in that locker room, must not have been paying attention for the past 25 years. The Dolphruits suck.

Peyton Manning just did that for the consistently last placed team a decade ago.

I don't know...the Dolphins franchise is a far cry from what it was during the Shula era...maybe they can ruin Luck...NFL history is filled with examples of "sure things" that are ruined by being drafted by moribund franchises...it doesn't seem like the Dolphins have a clue as to what they are doing, these days.