4-1 i'll take it

Can;t argue with 4-1. Fun game to watch. BTW, what a game by George Wilson huh? Nick Barnett was on fire too. The only problem I see with the Bills is late game success. They need to learn that no lead is comfortable, and they have to learn how to keep a big lead for the whole game.

Agreed. George Wilson and Nick Barnett were monsters today. Nick Barnett deserves the game ball for the pick-six and the INT that let us wrap up the game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You people asking for a "decisive win" are absurd. There aren't any style points in the NFL. Stop your belly-aching and enjoy the ride.

For me, Kaz, after having been a Bills fan since '88 and watching football since then, a team builds an identity over the course of a season.

My only concern is that we become too predictable when playing with a lead. I think it's great to be playing with a lead, but I would like to see us keep the foot on the pedal through the whole game, as no lead is safe in the NFL.

Bills D started playing prevent with the lead.. I hate that. I like to call it "prevent to win" defense. In the end our players made the plays needed to win. Such a great season so far! Oh, and what about Ruvell Martin? Is he not the worst receiver? he has done nothing but drop balls and slip. We really need to get another decent receiver.

Edited by billsfan76

You people asking for a "decisive win" are absurd. There aren't any style points in the NFL. Stop your belly-aching and enjoy the ride.

I agree. Would it be nice if we could roll over good teams, and have awesome offensive yards/points with little yards given up and some shut outs? Sure, but we all knew we were nowhere near that going in. The Bills are 4-1, they're learning to win the kind of games they'd have lost last year.

Whether we're 5-1 or 4-2 going into the bye week, we're in good shape. While the defense is giving up a lot if yards, they're getting turnovers. The D has more INT's after 5 games than they had in 16 games last season.

Don't nit-pick, a win is a win, something the Bills only did 4 times last season. Enjoy the ride folks!

Bills D started playing prevent with the lead.. I hate that. I like to call it "prevent to win" defense. In the end our players made the plays needed to win. Such a great season so far! Oh, and what about Ruvell Martin? Is he not the worst receiver? he has done nothing but drop balls and slip. We really need to get another decent receiver.

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing today, then he bounced back and had a good play.

He did that the last time he screwed up, too. He dropped a ball or got some 15-yard penalty against the Pats, I think, then recovered a fumble on special teams. Maybe it wasn't the Pats, but I was thinking today that with his position on the team, as like the 6th receiver or something, he should be like an offensive lineman and not want his name to be called. He'd probably do better if he was not noticed.

And for all of his experience, he does make some bad decisions and is not too dependable back there.

Maybe I've gotten spoiled now with 2 years of David Nelson.

Winning Ugly is still winning!

You bet. A win is always good.

To all the whiners that want every game to be the Kansas City game --- The defense has a number of weaknesses, we knew that going into the season. The offense is ok but no way they are going to maintian the pace of the first three games. Same with Fitz. Fitz has an average arm with above average ability to read defenses and see things. He is not going to make all the throws all the time.

What I like about the team is that we find a way. That is huge. Yet, people still complain.

Michael Vick is one of the best players in the game today, he was going to get his big plays. We won. Enjoy it.

Edited by Bob in STL

What I like about the team is that we find a way. That is huge.

This, x1,000,000.

That's a sign of a good team, no? And it's not like we're squeaking out wins over the dregs of the league. I'll take a close-call win over the Patriots, Raiders and the Philadelphia Vicks. In case people haven't noticed, those teams are good and/or very talented.

For a fanbase that has been starved for success, some of us sure have a strange way of enjoying prosperity.

Loved the way the Bills responded to last week's disappointing loss. Yeah, the Eagles mounted a bit of a comeback there, but oh well. More than happy to outplay them, jump out to a big lead, and then hang on.

This was essentially a must-win game for the playoffs. It might not feel that way right now in the afterglow of a win, but I bet our season would've gone in a very different direction had we fallen to 3-2.

The Bills made me proud today.

4-1 is well beyond where most prognosticators envisioned us. I'm concerned that Fitz has been unexceptional the last 2 weeks but I'm glad that other aspects of the team picked up the slack. Overall, great feeling and its nice to be in FIRST a quarter of the way in with a win over arguably our toughest division rival.