How Much Longer will Moats Be Out?

I wonder if lining up two edge rushers would do the trick... Sure, Moats isn't a strong side OLB in general, but he could come in on a play every once in awhile. Either way, it doesn't matter- I don't know if anyone else notices this but they keep acting like players need to be played at certain 3-4 positions when we really don't run 3-4.

This is something that has been really bothering me since the cinci game.....

- There is no doubt that Shawn Merrimen is getting held a lot....but STILL these are things that he has overcome in the past

- Nearly EVERY time I saw Moates in the game he was getting pressure on the QB....is he also not being held?

One of two things needs to happen here.....either Shawn needs to pick up his intensity in a hurry or Moates needs to replace him on the field.....we are counting for that spot to give us pass rush....Moates hardly plays and he is all over the QB when he does?

This is something that has been really bothering me since the cinci game.....

- There is no doubt that Shawn Merrimen is getting held a lot....but STILL these are things that he has overcome in the past

- Nearly EVERY time I saw Moates in the game he was getting pressure on the QB....is he also not being held?

One of two things needs to happen here.....either Shawn needs to pick up his intensity in a hurry or Moates needs to replace him on the field.....we are counting for that spot to give us pass rush....Moates hardly plays and he is all over the QB when he does?

Gailey has a man crush on Merriman. I'm going watch a lot closer when Moats is in there.

...i wanna believe he will increase our defense pass rush especially on the edges

I take it that you don't have a TV? He has played for a couple weeks now.

Gailey has a man crush on Merriman. I'm going watch a lot closer when Moats is in there.

You sure it is Gailey, I always assumed that it was Buddy Nix who wanted to have Merriman's baby.

he needs to be in the game a bit more. i still say line him up on the other side of merriman and play party at the qb's house.

Kelsay's been the DE/OLB who's been applying the most pressure so far this season.

I know he has a ton of haters on this board, but Kelsay has probably been the defenses best player so far after 4 games.

I'd give that honor to either Byrd or Florence. Both players have been playing out of their minds. Kelsay has been better than last year, rushing the passer with his hand in the turf, but he still isn't an OLB.

I know he has a ton of haters on this board, but Kelsay has probably been the defenses best player so far after 4 games.

Not by a long shot, it's Nick Barnett. The two tackles have also been more impressive. Kelsay still gets caught inside, and generally has disappeared on runs to his side. Most of his pass rushes still go wide around the quarterback. I'll give him this, he's been significantly better than last year's debacle, but this team needs help at OLB more than anywhere else.

Yeah, especially helping out in coverage when Cincy's rookie QB connected on every pass in the second half.....not to mention the pressure he got on the kid.....not so much.

kelsay still needs to seal the edge in stead of blowing past it as the tackle turns him out and laughs. But he is much better than last year and i like him again.

We cannot move Merriman to strong side because his right shoulder is dicked up. So my plan is to bring both merriman/ carrington over Lt and Moats just outside of that. bring up scott to let barnett move to Davis spot. on line we just have Troup and heard filling. we move drayton to strong side and flip wilson and byrd.

Leaving Mcgee on weak. Notice Kelsay is not on the field at this point?

Well i agree with folks we need to help Arthur succeed as a pass rusher. I did read that we moved him back to inside for practice. Hmmm

The fact that this may be true highlights how few plays the front seven personnel have made so far this season.