Who do u want as ur D Coordinator?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that edwards is still in way over his head as a D Coordinator. Wanny is more experienced and certainly a lot more aggressive in his playcalling. What do you think??

What makes you think that Wanny isn't the one running this defense?

Edited by Bangarang

Never been a fan of Edwards. Wish we still had Lebeau.

This.

Don't like Wanny either, We should hire Keven Greene from GB next spring. He played 34 in Pitt under Lebeau and is under the best 34 coach now in Dom Capers and has got that wild streak in him where he will be attacking the QB, unlike our current ultra conservative D-coaches that we have now. Feels like we have Jauron back but with bigger players. :angry:

This.

Don't like Wanny either, We should hire Keven Greene from GB next spring. He played 34 in Pitt under Lebeau and is under the best 34 coach now in Dom Capers and has got that wild streak in him where he will be attacking the QB, unlike our current ultra conservative D-coaches that we have now. Feels like we have Jauron back but with bigger players. :angry:

Watching him on the sideline every Sunday would be great!

I'm down!

Um....because they look and play exactly the same as they did under Edwards, last year?

So what is Wanny telling the LBs---just do whatever George says?

Do you think that Wanny, in daily meetings with Edwards, offers no advice? That Edwards simply ignores it?

Wanny's fingerprints are on this defense--why would anyone believe differently?

Perry Fewell was a better D coach . . . at least he was aggressive, the defense has regressed under the current coaches and system. I say, if we get run (and thrown) all over again this week, time to make one of your courageous moves Chan - fire Edwards, give Wanny the job!

Edited by CSBill

Wanny. He has rings (some at our expense)

You guys and your schemes. You need some great players to have a great defense. Somebody has to make the plays, you cannot count on the coaches to put peopel in the exact right spot on every play.

We have one guy, Dareus, that looks like a potential difference maker type of player. Next we have Kyle and Jarius that both are very good players. After that we have a lot of average starters and a few are below average.

Compare the players Wanny had on Dallas to what we have to today? He had the best 8 DL's any team has ever assembled at one time.

This.

And Kevin Greene could be hired by Buffalo, how? What exactly would be his motivation?

We don't have Jauron back. The defense was better when he was here. Soft, but gave up less.

Perry Fewell was a better D coach . . . at least he was aggressive, the defense has regressed under the current coaches and system. I say, if we get run (and thrown) all over again this week, time to make one of your courageous moves Chan - fire Edwards, give Wanny the job!

I had no problem with the cover-2 defense and faulted gailey for requiring an overhaul. We could have won with that system, offense was the problem.

You guys and your schemes. You need some great players to have a great defense. Somebody has to make the plays, you cannot count on the coaches to put peopel in the exact right spot on every play.

We have one guy, Dareus, that looks like a potential difference maker type of player. Next we have Kyle and Jarius that both are very good players. After that we have a lot of average starters and a few are below average.

Compare the players Wanny had on Dallas to what we have to today? He had the best 8 DL's any team has ever assembled at one time.

This, Bada BING.

I would grade a bit more generously than you. Barnett is looking very good to me - he is playing like a difference maker here. I also think Williams is a very good player.

Someone assessed our weakness as our linebackers, and I think that's about right. So far this year, Kelsay, Merriman, and Davis are all grading out as competent professional football players. None of them are making the big plays, playing as "difference makers" or even capable pass rushers.

To have an A grade offense, one needs a sufficiency of players who are bringing their A game, spiked with a number of true difference makers. We don't have enough difference makers. What's enough, don't know - it's what the judge said about indecency I can't define it but I know it when I see it.

I actually think our players have the capability to play better than they have been playing the last two weeks. I feel I saw more motor, heard harder hitting, saw fewer missed tackles, in the first two games. It's like after Oak and NE, they started to "settle" for "good enough" effort.

Except unless the offense is always playing out of its mind, good enough isn't good enough.

Edited by Hopeful