The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

I haven't figured it out completely. One moment I'm in a thread where people were talking about what plans they had for the weekend, the next thing I know, I'm banned.

Someone writes "What are your plans for the weekend?" and I write "I'm taking my friend Gilbert to a new Catholic Church in my neighborhood." And someone writes "Aren't you going to watch the Bills?" and I write "Yes, but I'll have to DVR the game and watch it later because Mass and Gil really need to come first."

Next thing I know...kapow...I'm banned.

We may disagree, but I have never found you to be dishonest. Unless I am missing something, that is not fair. JMO, but lay off LA as he may be a partisan hack (:nana:) , but I have yet to see him post something ban worthy.

Edited by Booster4324

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't figured it out completely. One moment I'm in a thread where people were talking about what plans they had for the weekend, the next thing I know, I'm banned.

Someone writes "What are your plans for the weekend?" and I write "I'm taking my friend Gilbert to a new Catholic Church in my neighborhood." And someone writes "Aren't you going to watch the Bills?" and I write "Yes, but I'll have to DVR the game and watch it later because Mass and Gil really need to come first."

Next thing I know...kapow...I'm banned.

Is everbody else missing this, and you have decided that the closet is not the place for you? That's never been my opinion about you but hey if Gil needed to come before you watched the Bills then your priorities might be all screwed up but you kept the home life under control. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :devil:

These aholes are peaceful? If the Tea Party said stuff like this we would never hear the end of it. Liberals are divisive and have reached a new low. Is this not inciting hate? Especially the video at the bottom.

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2011/10/jewish-man-scolded-mocked-occupy-wall-street-protester

Ladies and gentlemen, Bishop Hedd personified.

I suspect the Democratic lawmakers who have been quick to jump on this OWS bandwagon will soon find out that they hitched their wagon to some seriously unhinged people.

These aholes are peaceful? If the Tea Party said stuff like this we would never hear the end of it. Liberals are divisive and have reached a new low. Is this not inciting hate? Especially the video at the bottom.

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2011/10/jewish-man-scolded-mocked-occupy-wall-street-protester

A comment from below that video:

You can expect to see me soon at OWS. I will be wearing a turd costume and waving a sign that says "FREE THE POO PEOPLE". Why? Because it is time for every voice to be heard.

Is there really such a thing as poo people? That does not make any sense. Does he mean people that are stuck working at the wastewater treatment plant?

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Ladies and gentlemen, Bishop Hedd personified.

I suspect the Democratic lawmakers who have been quick to jump on this OWS bandwagon will soon find out that they hitched their wagon to some seriously unhinged people.

Not if the MSM only shows their good side!

Not if the MSM only shows their good side!

Yes and no. The thing that helped the left get into the WH (social media) is now used by both sides, so you see stories out via Facebook/Twitter that the MSM isn't interested in covering, whether it's the OWS folks, Fast and Furious, Solyndra, etc.

aily Caller has an article today showing unions hiring people to picket, as an example. Facebook and Twitter give that legs.

My sense, though, is that there are a large number of OWS people who are trying to goad the police to action for a Youtube moment, and that tactic just doesn't work any more in terms of being a way to gain sympathy.

I have always been one of those people who ignored the yapping nutjobs who say the violence will start soon, and we'll look like Greece, etc., but based on the videos I've been watching and now the added support from the purple people beaters (SEIU and other unions), I would not be surprised to see a rogue group (read that, looters, etc) come in and use the moment to their advantage while simultaneously throwing a little fire on the scarecrow. Busting some windows. Stealing some cellphones and sneakers.

That's what I mean when I talk about the politicians who are standing in unity with these folks. Eager to have a tea party-like moment, they may have picked the wrong group too quickly.

"What do we want? NO IDEA! When do we want it? NOW!!!"

Pundits say the protest message is muddled and the demands are not concise - can anyone tell me how to make concise the changes we want made to reverse the 30+ years of changes in finance regulations, trade regulations, tax law, bankruptcy law, election finance law, corporate law, supreme court precedent, civil rights, media regulations, consolidations of media and privatization of previously government functions that favor the top 1%.

Pundits say the protest message is muddled and the demands are not concise - can anyone tell me how to make concise the changes we want made to reverse the 30+ years of changes in finance regulations, trade regulations, tax law, bankruptcy law, election finance law, corporate law, supreme court precedent, civil rights, media regulations, consolidations of media and privatization of previously government functions that favor the top 1%.

Sure.....here goes:

"We want to completely upend the entire US economic system. And while youre at it throw in a ton of free **** for us, too."

Hows that?

Is that because the policies that existed over 30 years ago were a resounding success?

In other words, pining for those Carter days?

Is that because the policies that existed over 30 years ago were a resounding success?

In other words, pining for those Carter days?

Average real growth was higher in the 30 years prior to 1980 than in the 30 years after 1980.

Carter didn't implement the policies that were in place for 40 years prior to his election. Though he did start the deregulation process...

Average real growth was higher in the 30 years prior to 1980 than in the 30 years after 1980.

Carter didn't implement the policies that were in place for 40 years prior to his election. Though he did start the deregulation process...

Which means that even Carter recognized how to get the private sector moving.

You purport to know people in private industry. How many owners & managers like Obama's & his cabinet's policies, and how many of them believe he understands how the private sector works?