The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

And Patton was vastly overrated as a general...and in fact spoke in a high, Michael Jacksonish falsetto. But a real general - say, Konstantin Rokossovsky - would never bother with a scarf.

Respectively, a cravat, a racing turtleneck, and a bandanna.

Cravats are much smaller than that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And Patton was vastly overrated as a general...and in fact spoke in a high, Michael Jacksonish falsetto. But a real general - say, Konstantin Rokossovsky - would never bother with a scarf.

Respectively, a cravat, a racing turtleneck, and a bandanna.

a scarf

"Steve McQueen is cooler than you on the ground, in a bathtub and even dead. Also, now while donning a fire suit and scarf for a promotional picture for the epic 1970 film, Le Mans."

la bufanda

a scarf

"Steve McQueen is cooler than you on the ground, in a bathtub and even dead. Also, now while donning a fire suit and scarf for a promotional picture for the epic 1970 film, Le Mans."

la bufanda

Not a scarf. The caption is wrong.

I can't believe you did that to Frank Sinatra.

And I can't believe you're back.

BTW, have you checked out the Hank Williams thread on the main board? It's crying out for your participation.

And I can't believe you're back.

BTW, have you checked out the Hank Williams thread on the main board? It's crying out for your participation.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that happened. I thought I was supposed to be banned for the whole month, but I may have just mis-read something which, based on my current work flow, has been happening periodically.

Either that, or the settings were wrong, in which case I'll see you next month.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that happened. I thought I was supposed to be banned for the whole month, but I may have just mis-read something which, based on my current work flow, has been happening periodically.

Or you could have been paroled so you can be banned again. Y'know...just to prove a point.

You were banned? You musta misbehaved.

Edited by John Adams

You were banned? You musta misbehaved.

Apparently. It's only interesting because after 10 years of posting, I've suddenly been banned three times in the past three months, and in the middle of the second ban I realized I tend to read here more than than I post, so it's really not that big of a deal. While I'm never completely sure what I write that gets me banned, in retrospect there appears to be something of an effort to tamp online political messages that are posted in political threads at the other forums, because that seems to be the common string running through all three bans.

Apparently. It's only interesting because after 10 years of posting, I've suddenly been banned three times in the past three months, and in the middle of the second ban I realized I tend to read here more than than I post, so it's really not that big of a deal. While I'm never completely sure what I write that gets me banned, in retrospect there appears to be something of an effort to tamp online political messages that are posted in political threads at the other forums, because that seems to be the common string running through all three bans.

Didn't you post a news video screw up that might have offended?

Well, If Hank Williams can get banned so can you I suppose.

I have never seen you post anything that should get you banned. Panned? Well that is a different story :nana:

What were you banned for?

I have never seen you post anything that should get you banned. Panned? Well that is a different story :nana:

What were you banned for?

I haven't figured it out completely. One moment I'm in a thread where people were talking about what plans they had for the weekend, the next thing I know, I'm banned.

Someone writes "What are your plans for the weekend?" and I write "I'm taking my friend Gilbert to a new Catholic Church in my neighborhood." And someone writes "Aren't you going to watch the Bills?" and I write "Yes, but I'll have to DVR the game and watch it later because Mass and Gil really need to come first."

Next thing I know...kapow...I'm banned.