The occupy Wall Street movement spreads

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where have all the flowers gone?....................

Washington Times

Occupiers dangerous, desperate last move?Disrupting CPAC will only expose discredited leftist ideology

By David A. Keene

The Districts Occupiers are on the march. Even as city health officials and police began evicting Occupy D.C. protesters from their rat-infested McPherson Square campground, organizers were meeting, planning and preparing to confront and, hopefully, silence targets of their hatred they knew would be streaming into Washington this week.

Their targets are the speakers and attendees of this years Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), which opens Thursday and is expected to draw more than 11,000 conservative activists to the city for three days of speeches, parties and planning sessions. The annual CPACs are among the most important annual gatherings on any conservatives schedule and are must-stops for politicos seeking conservative support.

{snip}

CPACs organizers this year expect and are preparing for trouble - as are the D.C. police. The Occupiers have some experience in disrupting conservative gatherings in the District. Last year, they furiously tried to close down a conference run by Americans for Prosperity and injured an elderly attendee in the process. This year, they are bragging that they are coming to CPAC prepared to physically assault speakers and, presumably, attendees.

Press reports of their planning meetings reveal that they are preparing counterfeit credentials to get some of their people into the conference itself, and there is some reason to believe that their union allies may have moved early to reserve rooms for many of them in the main conference hotel. They are bragging that they will be joined in their effort to close down the conference by allies from the AFL-CIO, SEIU, the National Nurses United, the Metro Labor Council and various other groups.

CPAC organizers think the Occupy movement already has been largely discredited and that a high-profile, desperate attempt to close down CPAC will turn more Americans against them. CPAC has often invited those with whom it disagrees into the conference for political, economic and social-policy debates. But the Occupiers have made it clear that they are far more interested in shutting up those with whom they disagree than in discussing anything - even if they have to resort to violence to do so.

These are desperate people hoping that by attacking us they can continue to draw media attention and support to their leftist allies, one CPAC insider confides, but we arent going to take the bait. We may instead simply enjoy the spectacle of a marginalized, discredited and collapsing movement.

One can only hope hes right, but those attending CPAC and those watching should realize that dying movements can be both desperate and dangerous.

Edited by B-Man

Press reports of their planning meetings reveal that they are preparing counterfeit credentials to get some of their people into the conference itself, and there is some reason to believe that their union allies may have moved early to reserve rooms for many of them in the main conference hotel

• 2 weeks later...

So OWS in NYC takes over a foreclosed home, helps a homeless person move in with the cameras rolling. Then the guy who actually owned the home (currently in negotiations with BofA to work out a deal) shows up to find his house gutted, walls torn down, plumbing removed, appliances gone, and a few occupy squatters living in their own filth.

I'm so surprised by this because, y'know, up until this point, OWS has been clean and organized.

What a mess.

I'm so surprised by this because, y'know, up until this point, OWS has been clean and organized.

What a mess.

That doesn't stop the "indoctrination efforts by the media.....................................lol

Occupy Wall Street earned a shout-out Sunday night on a CBS drama, the kind of Hollywood affirmation the Tea Party could never dream of receiving. “Before we begin,” a judge announced in a Chicago courtroom on The Good Wife, “I want to take a few minutes to talk about something that is happening a mere one hundred yards from this courthouse: Occupy Wall Street!”

“Judge Charles Abernathy,” played by Denis O’Hare, continued to pay tribute to the leftist cause celebre: “Yes, these amazing young men and women are braving 36-degree weather, with the grit in their eyes of a shared cause, and all to challenge the system. And I, for one, I salute them.

NewsBusters

That doesn't stop the "indoctrination efforts by the media.....................................lol

NewsBusters

That's pretty damn stupid, but people just need to get over the fact that Hollywood is 90% liberals, and they will use their profession as they see please to advance their agenda. If conservatives, heaven forbid, ruled Hollywood, it would be the other way around.

On a side note, I saw the previews this weekend for the release of "The Lorax." Talk about the perfect vehicle to tell the story of unregulated corporate greed and its horrific effect on the environment. From the smogulous smoke to the gluppity glup, forcing the bar--ba-loots and swomee swans to relocate because all the earth was essentially destroyed by an evil greedy corporation who only cared for the almighty dollar.

What took Hollywood so long to roll this out to the big screen is anyone's guess, but I'm sure after the movie is released, people will link to "Lorax" youtube videos to support their global warming theories. Maybe one day the Lorax will join forces with Bill Nye.

"For all you global warming denier, check out THIS video. It's the Lorax, and he speaks for the trees. Try and debate this, you retard."

What's for homework?

“I asked her what she was doing,” said the parent, who wished not to be named in this article. “She said her class was learning about Occupy Toronto, and they were being asked to write a slogan or a chant as if they were down at one of the Occupy protests.“She said this is about the 1% — this isn’t about you — it is about the billionaires and the millionaires that don’t pay any taxes.

"Here's an exercise in critical thinking: demonize the rich."

Nice lesson plan.

Especially since the school is supposedly in a well off neighborhood.

Lesson 2: Your parents are evil.

Lesson 3: How to become a liberal arts major.

Especially since the school is supposedly in a well off neighborhood.

Lesson 2: Your parents are evil.

Lesson 3: How to become a liberal arts major.

Many years ago (probably 40) we were at a Lions Club father and son dinner. They had their meeting afterwards and were talking about raising dues or something. My dad bitched about that. One of the guys says "shut up Dick, you're rich" My brother and I looked at each other "we're rich??" :unsure: I was a very proud 10 year old that evening.

Well by comparison we were guess. My dad owned several businesses in town and we lived in a big house and dad drove a nice car. But rich? Hardly.

Many years ago (probably 40) we were at a Lions Club father and son dinner. They had their meeting afterwards and were talking about raising dues or something. My dad bitched about that. One of the guys says "shut up Dick, you're rich" My brother and I looked at each other "we're rich??" :unsure: I was a very proud 10 year old that evening.

Well by comparison we were guess. My dad owned several businesses in town and we lived in a big house and dad drove a nice car. But rich? Hardly.

Still, I'm sure your dad had to steal from and oppress dozens of people even to reach that standard of living.