Freddy J 24th highest paid Bill, 42nd highest paid RB

Beerball

Kelly you changed your name. You are no longer fair and balanced?

Never was. ;)

Kelly the Dog was the original name my first few years here, named after my yellow lab, Jim Kelly. I changed it as a joke, but never changed it back. I just decided to. I should have a long time ago.

Yet another post on how Freddie is underpaid.........

Yes and when he signed he new contract he was the #2 back on the depth chart. That's a pretty good salary for a #2.

I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve a raise but it isn't going to happen mid-season. He's not struggling to pay the mortgage and his family isn't going to starve to death. It'll either get done or it won't. If it doesn't it'll give the perpetually miserable Bills fans something to B word about for the next six months.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Yet another post on how Freddie is underpaid.........

Yes and when he signed he new contract he was the #2 back on the depth chart. That's a pretty good salary for a #2.

I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve a raise but it isn't going to happen mid-season. He's not struggling to pay the mortgage and his family isn't going to starve to death. It'll either get done or it won't. If it doesn't it'll give the perpetually miserable Bills fans something to B word about for the next six months.

Agreed. At the time, he was given a fair contract. He's certainly out performed it, but it was still a risk back at that time.

I give Freddie serious props though, because he's not making a huge stink right now.

He deserves appreciation when the contract is up, just hope he's healthy enough to get a new contract.

Freddie will get paid. He knows that and so do the Bills. No need for sum peeps to fret. It won't be a huge $ deal because of his age. But it will be adequate enough to satisfy both parties. With his fresh legs he should be highly productive for us for at least 2-3 years.

Like many here I want him to retire a Bill. He's the class act I envision all future great Bills to be.

How is that an extension? His contract was up. They tendered him at a one year deal for $460,000. Then signed him to a four year deal. That is not an extension.

Did you have an actual point beyond the semantics in there or did you just want to bust my balls on a choice of words?

Did you have an actual point beyond the semantics in there or did you just want to bust my balls on a choice of words?

IMO, it's a significant point. And perhaps THE salient point. If he signed an extension before, and they ripped up his old contract to add onto it, then he would have no little to no argument that the team should do it again. But he didn't. He has never had his contract extended. And the last time the team offered him a pitiful tender offer of $460,000.

So even though he has two years left on the last contract he signed, he has an argument that he has outplayed his contract, and they should revisit it. Revisiting it twice probably wouldn't be right.

IMO, it's a significant point. And perhaps THE salient point. If he signed an extension before, and they ripped up his old contract to add onto it, then he would have no little to no argument that the team should do it again. But he didn't. He has never had his contract extended. And the last time the team offered him a pitiful tender offer of $460,000.

So even though he has two years left on the last contract he signed, he has an argument that he has outplayed his contract, and they should revisit it. Revisiting it twice probably wouldn't be right.

So he was under an expiring contract, had a 1 year tender and chose to extend that for more money.... I'm not even sure your technicality argument has any merit, yet alone the assertions based off it.

That said, I'd have no problem renegotiating before free agency. The source of his contract bears little on the fact that he's 18 months from free agency and that's standard practice to renegotiate in the coming offseason, if not a few weeks earlier. My feeling is it has to do with time remaining not source and this isn't year 2 of a 7 year deal where he already got big money up front and just never liked the salaries.