Stop Talking Draft Predictions!!!

I think the time to think about who we might draft is during the fall season. The Bills do not play on Saturday. Why not, when you watch college ball, keep an eye out for players that you might like? Doesn't this make some sense so you can have a small window on canidates who the Bills might select with the 32nd pick in the first round? You will not see anywhere enought to know about the gem from the Colorado School of Traffic Control, but get some ideas at least.

I dont understand why people think talking about the draft means we've given up on this season... :blink:

Im really excited about what we are doing this year, and really happy with the start.

But I also love college football, and talking about prospects, and the draft goes hand in hand with that.

We have a good team this year. We are building towards greatness. Nothing wrong with talking about how we're going to continue to build. Doesnt mean Im not appreciating what is happening right now.

I agree. Talking draft is interesting to some people regardless of the time of year. Doing so does not in any way mean that a person is less appreciative of the present.

It has nothing to do with "jobs being in jeopardy", or looking past this season.

You answer your own question with the term you use. A FAN is fanatical about their team, and discusses every aspect. Theres only so much to talk about in between games during the season.

Nothing wrong with a little side discussion about who is ON OUR RADAR for draft prospects. It's very far away, and the prospects will most likely change 10 times over, but it's still interesting. Especially if you like college ball too. Plus, the draft isnt something we MIGHT be in, like the playoffs. The 2012 draft IS happening. It's an inevitability. Might as well be prepared.

I dont know what else to tell you. No one is looking past this season, or giving up on it, or not enjoying it. I'm here and loving it. Doesnt mean I dont want to talk about college players that should be on our radar while watching college ball this year...

I never said you cant watch college football. I watch college football. I never said you cant enjoy the draft. I definitely do every year. My point is, this early in the season you CAN NOT make legitimate accusations on what our weaknesses and strengths are. teams adjust their offenses and defenses thought the year and that alone changes draft choices. (example: 2007 colts defense) and if you have trouble finding stuff to talk about with this team this year.... i dont have a problem with talking draft, but this early is just plain stupid.

If you are referring to Astro's draft-tek thread...

The guy has a passion for the Bills and the draft, and if you don't like it, don't open the thread. He puts a ton of work into this every year, and I know I am not alone in appreciating his efforts, and I am willing to talk draft anytime of the year.

:angry:

:thumbsup:

If you don't to read about the draft, don't look at the threads about the draft.

or start threads about the draft.

i watch and talk draft now to see who the top players are at positions that the bills are likely to need,, this way by watching selected players during the year i usually have seen by draft time most of the top players in games prior to the the whole draft process,, then i have a way better idea of who they are and what the play like in real time not combine conditions..

Maybe its just me, but one thing I was hoping to look forward to this year was not hearing about draft predictions halfway through the season... guess not. Guys we are entering week 4, we are 3-0 and you guys are talking about next years draft! live in the moment a little! in my opinion, if your more excited about the upcoming draft than you are about the rest of the season, you are either a pessimist who thinks we are going to lose out the rest of the season, or your just not a football fan.

Me for one, I'm excited about our current team, and the potential we have for this season. The game that we clinches us NOT making the playoffs is the time to start talking about the draft. Not week 4!!

sorry its still fun no matter what time of year, I should be a scout I guess.

I dont understand why people think talking about the draft means we've given up on this season... :blink:

Im really excited about what we are doing this year, and really happy with the start.

But I also love college football, and talking about prospects, and the draft goes hand in hand with that.

We have a good team this year. We are building towards greatness. Nothing wrong with talking about how we're going to continue to build. Doesnt mean Im not appreciating what is happening right now.

Amen.

Hear Hear.

The guy has a passion for the Bills and the draft, and if you don't like it, don't open the thread. He puts a ton of work into this every year, and I know I am not alone in appreciating his efforts, and I am willing to talk draft anytime of the year.

Exactly

I never said you cant watch college football. I watch college football. I never said you cant enjoy the draft. I definitely do every year. My point is, this early in the season you CAN NOT make legitimate accusations on what our weaknesses and strengths are. teams adjust their offenses and defenses thought the year and that alone changes draft choices. (example: 2007 colts defense) and if you have trouble finding stuff to talk about with this team this year.... i dont have a problem with talking draft, but this early is just plain stupid.

That's why we adjust as the season continues, and we get new information. I wrote a post saying value permitting, we should look to draft an OLB and a CB in the early rounds. If Danny Batten comes out of nowhere to get 10 sacks, I will write new posts saying something different. If we just said "I don't know for certain so I'm not talking about it!" about every topic of conversation, then there would be zero threads in the offseason (when nothing of the upcoming campaign is certain).

As others have said, it really has nothing to do with appreciating what the team is doing. Believe me, we're all positively thrilled to be 3-0. But the draft will be our best chance to improve our franchise all offseason, and carries a ton of importance. It's worth discussing whether the team is winning or losing.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

Stop making threads that tell posters what to write about on the message boards. They are message boards. That's why they are here. To discuss the buffalo bills. Get over it, don't click read them if you don't like them. It's simple.

Thanks for the props, Labatt. :thumbsup:

I'm not asking people to open my threads about the draft. For me, it's hard to watch college football without the context of making an improving Bills team better. It's a dynamic process that fascinates me; what's seen as necessary for the Bills in one month isn't seen as necessary 2 months later, and I enjoy the research.

Astro

I'm not asking people to open my threads about the draft. For me, it's hard to watch college football without the context of making an improving Bills team better. It's a dynamic process that fascinates me; what's seen as necessary for the Bills in one month isn't seen as necessary 2 months later, and I enjoy the research.

Astro

we enjoy your posts....keep up the good work.

Astro

There are lots of us who appreciate all the time and effort you put into that site on our behalf. Keep the posts coming! :thumbsup:

i agree with the op. that player that you want soooooo bad may not be available to you because draft position not determined yet.

i also agree with everyone else. if you dont like draft talk, dont open draft threads...

i understand why he did it though.

its not a big deal