Cinci only had 43K for home opener???!!!

eball

Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick -- that is simply pathetic. I expect to see a strong Buffalo contingent on Sunday.

I'm also amazed by the fact Marvin Lewis is in his 9th season there. Talk about being rewarded for mediocrity.

i remember in the 80's when there 30k at rich stadium before kelly. people have X amount of money. new shoes or a bengals game? nice dinner or a bengals game? groceries or a bengals game? case of beer or a bengals game? i know my answer.

Would you pay full ticket price to see Kay Stephenson coach up Bruce Matheson? The era you speak of saw back to back 2 win seasons with no hope on the horizon.

People in metropolitan areas with an NFL team have no problem selling out 70K seat stadiums -unless the product doesn't merit attendance.

Would you pay full ticket price to see Kay Stephenson coach up Bruce Matheson? The era you speak of saw back to back 2 win seasons with no hope on the horizon.

People in metropolitan areas with an NFL team have no problem selling out 70K seat stadiums -unless the product doesn't merit attendance.

I was one of those saps who didn't miss a game in '84 and '85. My patience was eventually rewarded.

And given that they had a new stadium built, I'm sure their ticket prices are a lot higher than the Bills' are.

I remember skipping out of work one day back in 2001 to go see the Bills play the Panthers when the Bills were already 1-10 at that point I believe. My buddy and I didn't have tickets, didn't have the online resources(or didn't know about them) like we do nowadays. We went to the ticket booth and got tickets on the Bills side, about 45 yard line 18 rows up in the lower bowl. The stadium maybe had about 40% of it filled. Needless to say they won the game by a point and was probably one of the more fun games I went to because I was able to move down field as the ball was moving because of the low number of people there.

Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick -- that is simply pathetic. I expect to see a strong Buffalo contingent on Sunday.

I'm also amazed by the fact Marvin Lewis is in his 9th season there. Talk about being rewarded for mediocrity.

It's a pathetically run franchise. Not many cities would take as many losing seasons as Cinci has had and continue to sell tickets like Buffalo. Throw in a star QB sitting rather than taking another snap, and an owner too stubborn to get something in return for him, and you've got a debacle.

Edited by Captain Caveman

yea, it's quite possible that the Bengals have the worse fan base (in regards to ticket sales) in the league. It's sad, and you hate to see that because if you were a fan of the team that would scare the **** out of me. But I expect to see ALOT of red, white and blue in the stands there Sunday... only improving our chances of another Bills W :thumbsup:

that is my point. buffalo fans wouldn't go see bruce matheson and cinci fans don't want to go see the joke of a tam they put out year after year. yes, they made the playoffs once. so did dick jauron.

yea, it's quite possible that the Bengals have the worse fan base (in regards to ticket sales) in the league. It's sad, and you hate to see that because if you were a fan of the team that would scare the **** out of me. But I expect to see ALOT of red, white and blue in the stands there Sunday... only improving our chances of another Bills W :thumbsup:

I will be there in my red, white and blue!