Rough week for bean town continues

truth on hold

Leading Tampa by 9 games on September 4 for the wildcard red sox were eliminated on the final day of regular season. Lol losing 9 game lead in less than a month .... Is that even possible?

Love the bizarre and heartbreaking way the last day went down with Tampa coming back from a large deficit to defeat Yankees, red sox blowing late lead to the lowly orioles. Double lol!!

Pats lose to bills and then this 3 days later. Triple lol!!!

Serves those obnoxious chowder heads right!

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/gamecast?gameId=310928130

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor New England sports fans. First the Pats blow a three touchdown lead to the Bills and now no MLB playoffs.

:cry:

I went to sleep last night and the Yankees were winning 7-0 while the BoSox had a 3-2 lead in a rain delay. I was shocked to see that the Rays came back and Bawston lost. What a great morning!

Go Yankees!!!

story

it couldn't happen to a better bunch of fans...what a bunch of whinging ninnies. on espn today they were all moaning aout the yankees tanking it DURING the rain delay. they wanted the yanks to do the heavy lifting.

it couldn't happen to a better bunch of fans...what a bunch of whinging ninnies. on espn today they were all moaning aout the yankees tanking it DURING the rain delay. they wanted the yanks to do the heavy lifting.

We heard you the first time...

i live in new england.

you have no idea how terrible the fans here are. in fact, you can't even begin to imagine.

there was ZERO buzz for the patriots before bledsoe went down, during that season, during their playoff run, or even until the week of the super bowl.

it's like when the leaves come out in the spring time.. at first, no ones wearing pats shirts, then one or 2 people, then 1 out of every 5, then everyone you pass on the street, including baby girls with pink patriots shirts.

the celtics? i couldn't go to a bar and watch an nba game up here unless it was game 7 of the nba finals. after the summer where they acquired garnett and ray allen, every sports bar, every night, every celtics game. front and ceneter on every big screen.

hockey? lol. i don't think i ever heard the sport mentioned. until last spring. when everyone suddenly owned a bruins tee shirt.

baseball is the only thing i'll give these fans credit for. there was a SMALL percentage of people i hung around that were die hard red sox fans before ESPN started marketing the rights to their band wagon. but christ almighty if it isn't a religion up here now, with ever man woman and child forced into pedroia teeshirts as soon as they come out of the womb.

don't get me wrong, it's a small sample size, and i'm mostly talking people in their late 20s and early 30s, but hands down terrible sports fans. the interest in the teams up here while we were kids and last decade was zilch. but now, it's from one band wagon to another as the seasons change.

i love seeing the teams from that city melt down, and take even more joy in knowing that their run of prosperity is due to end soon, and another decade of irrelevance awaits.

It's funny I've noticed from pats fans in sports bars and on web forums just how superficial their football knowledge is. You'd think with their legacy and a brainy coach like BB they'd have more educated fans. Sure TBD isn't perfect but the X's and 0's understanding and appreciation for how an NFL organization operates is far superior to theirs.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

i live in new england.

you have no idea how terrible the fans here are. in fact, you can't even begin to imagine.

there was ZERO buzz for the patriots before bledsoe went down, during that season, during their playoff run, or even until the week of the super bowl.

it's like when the leaves come out in the spring time.. at first, no ones wearing pats shirts, then one or 2 people, then 1 out of every 5, then everyone you pass on the street, including baby girls with pink patriots shirts.

the celtics? i couldn't go to a bar and watch an nba game up here unless it was game 7 of the nba finals. after the summer where they acquired garnett and ray allen, every sports bar, every night, every celtics game. front and ceneter on every big screen.

hockey? lol. i don't think i ever heard the sport mentioned. until last spring. when everyone suddenly owned a bruins tee shirt.

baseball is the only thing i'll give these fans credit for. there was a SMALL percentage of people i hung around that were die hard red sox fans before ESPN started marketing the rights to their band wagon. but christ almighty if it isn't a religion up here now, with ever man woman and child forced into pedroia teeshirts as soon as they come out of the womb.

don't get me wrong, it's a small sample size, and i'm mostly talking people in their late 20s and early 30s, but hands down terrible sports fans. the interest in the teams up here while we were kids and last decade was zilch. but now, it's from one band wagon to another as the seasons change.

i love seeing the teams from that city melt down, and take even more joy in knowing that their run of prosperity is due to end soon, and another decade of irrelevance awaits.

This is 100% accurate. Until last June I only knew 2 Bruins fans. Until 2001 the Giants were far more popular in this part of New England than the Patriots. Celtics fans were a little better. They are good baseball fans, though. That's the only team that exists, win or lose. I can't freaking wait to listen to WEEI on my way to work today.

It was a great 3 minute time span last nite/this morning. Only thing better would have been if last notes script had Damon hitting a jack to put the Rays in, knock the Sux out

Poor New England sports fans. First the Pats blow a three touchdown lead to the Bills and now no MLB playoffs.

:cry:

I went to sleep last night and the Yankees were winning 7-0 while the BoSox had a 3-2 lead in a rain delay. I was shocked to see that the Rays came back and Bawston lost. What a great morning!

Go Yankees!!!

story

...CC vs. Verlander tomorrow is gonna be epic

As one of the posters (Between the Pipes) over on Scott's other board pointed out, since the 10 year anniversary (9/23/01) of Drew Bledsoe much he was traded to the Bills's injury all sorts of bad things have been happening to beantown.

Could it be the deal they worked out with the devil had a 10 year expiration date on it? Don't know for certain, but if the Cheatriots lose in Oakland this weekend there just might be something to it.

Also, though I don't normally enjoy listening to Sully on GR nor reading his columns, there might be a certain amount of schadenfreude found with his next rantings as he is a huge BoSox fan.

i live in new england.

So you're saying there won't be a lot of ledge jumpers today?

Dammit!:devil:

I am not the biggest baseball fan(I watch the playoffs and WS), but that was an unbelievable night of baseball.

One of the great plays last night was in the Atlanta game. In extra innings, Chipper Jones hits a line drive in the gap that would have won the game for the Braves UNTIL....some no name CF for the Phillies runs it down and makes a great catch to extend the game. WOW!

I was flipping between the Rays game and the Braves games but finally gave up and went to bed after both games were past 11 innings! What an amazing comeback by the Rays -- down to their last strike in the 9th and a guy hitting just over .100 lines a HR down the RF line to tie it up.

Awesome results.