Cornerback Help

Tim Tindale

Wonder what the odds are that the Bills sign a veteran corner off the waiver wire given McGee and Williams are both out. That leaves the Bills 4 healthy corners - McKelvin,Florence, Rogers, and Corner (who they cut in training camp). Anyone read an update on this anywhere?

I think I read there are 2 on the practice squad, not that it helps much. I'm really interested to see what Rogers can bring, as he was my sleeper draft pick. I think he will surprise in a good way.

I like Rogers, but he'll be green compared to McLovin - Florence. I think we'll see some Terrence Wheatley in dime. Could DaNorris Searcy be considered? Looked good out there yesterday.

Gailey: "It leaves us thin there. Justin Rogers has to come on. He just has to get ready to go. "

Edited by Astrobot

Not sure who is out there at this point... we're definitely getting pretty thin.

I'll lace 'em back up.

I'm 43 yo and 10-15 lbs over playing weight but I know how to hold w/o getting caught and can promise at least two different WR's will have their fingers buddy-taped before I get tossed. Besides, nobody can defend these offenses under these rules anyways. Give me a call Buddy, I'll still play for free.

I like Rogers, but he'll be green compared to McLovin - Florence. I think we'll see some Terrence Wheatley in dime. Could DaNorris Searcy be considered? Looked good out there yesterday.

I thought Corner played decent out there yesterday. Rogers will be the #4 no doubt, but I'd like to see him in action. He's the kind of guy that could cover a small, quick slot receiver. I didn't see Searcy in a D package, did he get out there other than ST?

Honestly, I'll take McKelvin, Florence and Corner.. are they pro-bowlers? Nope... but a better group than many other teams have. Especially with our decent safeties and strong enough line that we can play nickel packages... McGee will heal up in a few weeks, and so Williams a little later, and we'll be back in business. Add Rogers, and maybe bring back Youboty and we'll be fine. :)

CB Justin Rogers Richmond 5-10½, 180, 4.45 - He is a much different type of corner than Williams taken in round 2. He is much smaller and is very fast. Will try to make the team as a returner. Has good instincts, durable, and has great awareness but needs to improve his cover skills. Is a long shot to make the team but does give them depth in training camp at the position.

CB Justin Rogers Richmond 5-10½, 180, 4.45 - He is a much different type of corner than Williams taken in round 2. He is much smaller and is very fast. Will try to make the team as a returner. Has good instincts, durable, and has great awareness but needs to improve his cover skills. Is a long shot to make the team but does give them depth in training camp at the position.

If this is some draft site's opinion, I guess they were wrong about him being a long shot. He missed the first two pre-season games, and he then made the team over Corner. I think that says a lot about what the Bills think about him.

I doubt it would be a serious option, but did anyone ever pick up Youboty after he was cut by Tampa?

Actually, that's not a horrible idea, he knows the system and when healthy has played very well. He could give buffalo two or three games.

Actually, that's not a horrible idea, he knows the system and when healthy has played very well. He could give buffalo two or three games.

That's the problem. Youboty is Liberian for Chris Chandler (Crystal Chandelier).

Corner made 2 nice plays against the CHEATING BASTARDS* … has a chip on his shoulder now.

Rogers is a nice, smooth athlete… and I trust that whomever Nix and Gailey bring in to compete will be a shrewd value signing.

We're still in year 2 of the rebuild.

I'm against scrapping the plan just because we seem to be a bit ahead of the curve.

Free agents only, and not older guys who'll steal snaps from promising young players.

That's the problem. Youboty is Liberian for Chris Chandler (Crystal Chandelier).

Corner made 2 nice plays against the CHEATING BASTARDS* … has a chip on his shoulder now.

Rogers is a nice, smooth athlete… and I trust that whomever Nix and Gailey bring in to compete will be a shrewd value signing.

We're still in year 2 of the rebuild.

I'm against scrapping the plan just because we seem to be a bit ahead of the curve.

Free agents only, and not older guys who'll steal snaps from promising young players.

I mean, anyone you sign can be cut in a month. Salary isn't guaranteed anymore. I'd take a vet for a couple weeks if the fit is right over a guy that might not be ready for the sake of giving reps. Youboty would be a classic 3-4 week signing until anyone comes back. Not saying it should happen but I wouldn't read too much into it longterm if something did happen.