Video of Byrd hit on Welker

Beerball

link

Welker clearly ducks 7 secs in and leads head first into Byrd.

Byrd goes as low as he possibly can. There may be helmet to helmet contact, but I think that the video from behind brady* shows that he hit with his shoulder first. If there was 'helmet to helmet' it was a glancing blow and not direct.

I'm interested in whether the Bills ask the league for a clarification on this play.

Apologies if already posted, didn't see on page 1.

Definitely a terrible call. Byrd is having a hell of a year thus far. The guy does a great job in run support and has no problem at all with laying a lick. Hopefully he can get on the INT bandwagon against the Bungles. Keep up the great work Byrd man!

At that point he is no longer a 'defenseless reciever' - he is a ball carrier and he needs to be tackled.

F you goodell you total f***face loser that hates real football. I'd rather see them fine QBs for throwing buddy passes over the middle. eat sh*t and die.

What about the flying spear that one of their guys gave us in a pile up? Anyone see that? Or how about the uppercuts to Freddie? Or the late hit on a knee *after* one PF was already called (Fitz got up, and then got popped), or the constant holds against Merriman and Kelsay?

The refs did their best to screw us over, but we still won. :)