Top 10 win of all time?

stevestojan

I know ranking a game so soon after it's done is ridiculous, and coming from your resident pessimistic a-hole (that would be me) this question might be absurd, but I can't remember a game this gigantic in a long while.

What say you?

I am on board with that!

Here is a scary quote- Was wathcing the game with my youngest son- he is 18- at a great Bills bar in Cornelius, NC with some great Bills fans- during the last couple of drives he repeated a couple of times "THIS IS THE BIGGEST PLAY OF MY LIFE!" and it hit me- we have whole new generation of Bills fans who know very little of the great days of the 90's- he was born in 1992- and guess what - those days were a long long time ago- This was a top 10 game- Love this new team!

I know ranking a game so soon after it's done is ridiculous, and coming from your resident pessimistic a-hole (that would be me) this question might be absurd, but I can't remember a game this gigantic in a long while.

What say you?

If you're only talking regular season, yeah I'll put it up there.

In terms of what this win means for this season, to the Buffalo Bills organization and to the city of Buffalo, is unbilleviable IMO. A young football team that started the season 0-8 last year, that lost to this team badly on their home field in December (34-3) came out, spotted one of the best QBs in history 21 points and then kicked his ass. After it was 21-0, The Bills scored 34 points to 10. That gave this team validation. Its not just on the practice field, its not just in the meetings, its not "we were close" It was Buffalo against the entire NFL. Every analyst gave us no chance, "ya its nice they won two games but Tom Terrific will tear them apart"

The Bills made Brady and Belichek angry annoyed and frustrated. That doesnt happen. The last time I saw Brady with that body language was against the giants in the Super Bowl. He was a shoe in for MVP and Super Bowl Champ as well as male model of the year and the Bills made him look stupid. We won a close game against one of the best teams in the NFL. If that doesn't turn some heads (and NFL COACHES) have noticed I don't know what will.

I was born in 88, so I can barely remember the later Super Bowl runs (when I started as a fan) and I can honestly say that I cannot think of a time when the Bills came back 21 points to beat a division rival against which we were heavily expected to lose. It's easily the best turnaround I've seen at least since the last days of Kelly.

I was born ~4 hours after Wide Right. The first time I started REALLY following the bills was about a year or 2 before Losman was drafted, though I remember a few of the important games from a bit before that. This season so far has been the greatest Bills season I've remembered. The 5-1 season was close, but those wins still weren't anywhere close to the quality of these 3 wins, and this team has far more enthusiasm than that team did.

GO BILLS!

What say you?

History will recall this game as the one that began a 10 year domination of the Pats* by the Bills

What say you?

YE OLE thinks you're spot on. The Patriots had become this generation's 70's Dolphins. September 7th, 1980 and September 25th, 2011 will always be intertwined in Buffalo Bills lore, IMHO.

What say you?

That the game isn't over with 5 minutes left in the second quarter? ;)

The importance of this win will be amplified or diminished depending on how the season goes and whether or not it was the catalyst to something bigger. I happen to BILLieve it will be ;)

If this season ends with double digit wins and a playoff appearance then yeah its a big meaningful win for the franchise. BUT if its an 8-8 or worse season with no playoffs then while a fun moment its going to lose a lot of meaning.

If this season ends with double digit wins and a playoff appearance then yeah its a big meaningful win for the franchise. BUT if its an 8-8 or worse season with no playoffs then while a fun moment its going to lose a lot of meaning.

Agreed... IF the Bills make the playoffs, we will point back to the Patriots* game as the moment the whole world saw us for who we are... A Very Good Football Team!