Albany Newspaper Trashes Bills Nation

Ok, so of the 14 responses that she quoted there, yours was the only one that was cool? I'm really glad she kept in that one appropriate response to show the other 13 how it should have been done. Thanks.

Also, she did not portray herself as a victim at all. She clearly wrote that most responses gave her some jabs and that those were expected and, in fact, welcomed. However, the idiot few (yours being one) wrote things like this...

Good. I am glad mine had the largest effect, because it shows where her glaring weaknesses lie. She didn't give a thought as to the effect of her written assault on that 82 year old woman or the representative of the Albany Bills Backers, and her callous disregard of them and her calculated and mean-spirited manipulation of their contributions deserved a shot back. SHE DID NOT CARE!

I personally think the idiot few are those who allowed her to get away with such treatment of innocent people with 'golly gee' letters and such.

Edited by BmoreBills

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not embarrassed one bit.

I could have worded that same response in the most esoteric, intelligent sounding language possible and STILL had the same thoughts expressed, but since her vulnerability was with crude insults in the form of cursing, I hit her verbally where it wounds the most.

Classy work, Mr. Buffalo Bills---looks like you're #14 on this list.

http://deadspin.com/5845099/20-things-angry-buffalo-fans-wrote-to-a-female-sports-columnist-who-criticized-the-bills

What a douchebag.

Classy work, Mr. Buffalo Bills---looks like you're #14 on this list.

http://deadspin.com/5845099/20-things-angry-buffalo-fans-wrote-to-a-female-sports-columnist-who-criticized-the-bills

What a douchebag.

The classless, arrogant, idiotic tripe that used good people that she wrote was of course omitted from the column, and thus only half the story was published.

You know the other half of the story, and yet you call ME a douchebag? You're more pathetic and idiotic than Ms. Gish is right now. Way to go. :thumbsup:

Edited by BmoreBills

The classless, arrogant, idiotic tripe that used good people that she wrote was of course omitted from the column, and thus only half the story was published.

You know the other half of the story, and yet you call ME a douchebag? You're more pathetic and idiotic than Ms. Gish is right now. Way to go. :thumbsup:

Yes, I read her columnn. I missed the part where she called the Bills fan a "c**t", a "bit**" or told someone to stick soemthing up their ass.

Plenty of posters here posted their responses to her dumb article. They were classy, intlligent responses.

If you can't be embarrassed (and it made you feel good) to see you words included in that list of responses, there is no hope for you. And that, in this case, makes you a douchebag.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Yes, I read her columnn. I missed the part where she called the Bills fan a "c**t", a "bit**" or told someone to stick soemthing up their ass.

Plenty of posters here posted their responses to her dumb article. They were classy, intlligent responses.

If you can't be embarrassed (and it made you feel good) to see you words included in that list of responses, there is no hope for you. And that, in this case, makes you a douchebag.

I like #1. I didn't write it but wish i did.

the first article depicted bills fans as delusional losers. this one makes them out to be sexist, ignorant buffoons.

Perhaps, but imagine if she wrote that article about the Giants. The responses would have been 100 times worse (and 100 times the volume) and it might have gotten her fired.

Ok, while I will admit, this was a pretty piss poor showing by Bills fans. The truth is that if she said it about the Jets, Eagles, or Raiders the responses would have been worse. That being said, one of them made me laugh out loud...

17. "we may lose, we may win but you will still be ugly either way."

What she did and what she said is akin to using those words, and she didn't DESERVE classy, intelligent responses... she deserved exactly what she got.

I'm not embarrassed because I stood up for people and let her know that you just can't print whatever you want and get away with it. The shock value alone guarantees that she will think twice before using people the way she did. There is no hope for YOU if you think that classy and intelligent responses will ever stop her from engaging in this sort of 'journalism' again.

I just wish it had been your grandmother or the rep for the Albany BB was your family- then we'd see how fast you'd react with anger.

Edited by BmoreBills

What she did and what she said is akin to using those words, and she didn't DESERVE classy, intelligent responses... she deserved exactly what she got.

I'm not embarrassed because I stood up for people and let her know that you just can't print whatever you want and get away with it. The shock value alone guarantees that she will think twice before using people the way she did. There is no hope for YOU if you think that classy and intelligent responses will ever stop her from engaging in this sort of 'journalism' again.

I just wish it had been your grandmother or the rep for the Albany BB was your family- then we'd see how fast you'd react with anger.

Just a suggestion...with a response(the one to Ms. Gish) like yours, maybe you shouldn't be standing up for anyone. I certainly wouldn't want you speaking for me.

Original article: mean spirited, pointless

comments by some Bills fans: mean spirited, and embarassing

coverage from Deadspin: Just what the "nation" needs...

This is probably as much attention as anything this woman has ever written...

I personally can't see the reason to be so ridiculously angry over the initial column she wrote. She was making fun of the Bills. Big deal. She was making fun of a FOOTBALL TEAM ... and a pretty easy target, at that (let's be honest, 4 straight SB losses and a decade of futility makes for pretty easy pickins).

I guess my point here is that it's football. A sport, or a game, should never make any adult want to assault another person with inappropriate vulgarities.

She poked fun at a football team and made fun of some of the stupid things the fans said (the winds might help us? our QB went to Harvard (so what???)).

I think the response from the Albany Bills Backers was professional and respectful. No problem at all with him responding to her.

But the stuff I read in her follow-up column ... calling her ugly, stupid, etc. Saying that, because she's a woman, she's not qualified to write about football. Saying some the rudest and crudest things I've ever seen (and I'm a Navy Vet!). That stuff was nothing less than disgusting.

Those idiots don't represent me. Not as a person and not as a Bills fan.

It's FOOTBALL. Grow the hell up.

You didn't stand up for anyone. And she took your comment and the rest and made you (and us) look idiotic and herself seem almost sympathetic. I'm convinced you didn't read her original article.

If she didn't deserve intelligent responses then she got what she deserved--you.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I wouldnt write anything like that personally but she is playing us! She can say what she wants, publish responses she wants and we are idiots arguing about her still. For Goodness sake forget about her! Thats what would really hurt her and her paper. Terrible article by an below average writer. Treat it as what it is and move on. Lets stop this thread guys.

And I, in no way shape or form, would ever want you speaking for me. It's idiotic to respond in the fashion some of you have. She made fun of the Bills. Get over it. I didn't like the column either, but really, you are this angry over something as trivial as this? This column justifies calling her a !@#$, stupid, whore, ugly, B word, and everything else that was said. Grow up. Really.

Hell, by the way, half of the responses that were said to her aren't even allowed here. They are edited out. Unreal.

Edited by Lv-Bills

She did an expert job at cherry-picking the most offensive, close-minded responses, that's what she did. For that, she is a martyr. To be fair, it wouldn't have killed her to print a few of the more thoughtful, engaging emails she received -- of which I am sure there were many.

But, some people also voted for Obama...and will again. So what can you do?