Albany Newspaper Trashes Bills Nation

What she did and what she said is akin to using those words, and she didn't DESERVE classy, intelligent responses... she deserved exactly what she got.

I'm not embarrassed because I stood up for people and let her know that you just can't print whatever you want and get away with it. The shock value alone guarantees that she will think twice before using people the way she did. There is no hope for YOU if you think that classy and intelligent responses will ever stop her from engaging in this sort of 'journalism' again.

I just wish it had been your grandmother or the rep for the Albany BB was your family- then we'd see how fast you'd react with anger.

Really? Now, you're going to play the grandmother card....from this?

" They say: The Bills are the only true New York team.

Susan Coffey, a lovely 82-year-old lifelong Bills fan who lives in Slingerlands, made this case in a letter to the department. She was upset that the Week 1 Jets' win made the cover of the sports section while a story about the Bills' handling of the Chiefs ended up inside. I had a great time talking to you, Mrs. Coffey, and I feel a connection with any woman who will scream at her television when her team is on. But let's not get hung up on state borders.

East Rutherford, N.J. = 21/2-hour drive

Ralph Wilson Stadium = 5-hour drive

And Buffalo is practically in Canada. They play some of their "home" games in Toronto. So are they really New York's team? Are they even America's team?"

So, by that piece of the column, Gish needs to get called a Cunnnt, B word, whore, threatened, etc? REALLY? She took one jab at Buffalo playing in Canada, kinda like, you know, the Jets playing in NJ, and she's wayyyyy outta line? She actually makes a couple of good points. The Giants and Jets are much closer. Buffalo is practically in Canada is a friggin joke, much the same as we rag on the JEts and Giants playing in NJ. And, the game is Toronto is a flat out joke. No other owner would willingly give up a home game per year like we do.

Seriously, some of you need help. My gradmother OR mother (who bleeds Bills blue) would laugh at this.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Bills-fans-need-help-keeping-it-real-2182849.php#ixzz1ZNCeZURg

Edited by Lv-Bills

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad some people decided to lay it on her. Some of the responses she quoted were funny. As life long Bills fans, we catch heat from everyone, all of the time.

She read all of reasonable responses, and decided not to post any of them. What's new? Columnists are always pushing their agenda. Journalism died a long time ago.

She looks like she got beat in the face with a hot bag of nickles.

She did an expert job at cherry-picking the most offensive, close-minded responses, that's what she did. For that, she is a martyr. To be fair, it wouldn't have killed her to print a few of the more thoughtful, engaging emails she received -- of which I am sure there were many.

But, some people also voted for Obama...and will again. So what can you do?

DUDE!!! :w00t:

She read all of reasonable responses, and decided not to post any of them. What's new? Columnists are always pushing their agenda. Journalism died a long time ago.

Exactly, She knew exactly what she was doing and knuckleheads walked right into it...

Edited by TheMadCap

I used to be in a Valby-style aucoustic duo. It was basically two a-holes with guitars singing stupid songs and making dick jokes for three hours.

One thing our audience never seemed to learn; Don't argue with a jerk who has a microphone.

Edited by yall

Im glad some people decided to lay it on her. Some of the responses she quoted were funny. As life long Bills fans, we catch heat from everyone, all of the time.

She looks like she got beat in the face with a hot bag of nickles.

Just to let you and other people who do not live in the Albany area, there were two well written and thought out responses in last Sundays paper on page 3 in the sports section. So the paper did not just cherry pick the lame moronic responses listed in today's paper. As an fyi, the Sunday paper has the largest circulation.

As a life long Bill's fan we have been catching heat. Not hard to understand when the Bills don't make the playoffs for 12 years. But trust me people who attack her with the vulgar words used or attacking her looks show a total lack of class and do not represent the majority of Bill's fans.

Take it from a guy in the Albany area. This newspaper is HURTING and will do pretty much anything to gain to readers and posters. She is a hack and will be gone soon enough.

Just to let you and other people who do not live in the Albany area, there were two well written and thought out responses in last Sundays paper on page 3 in the sports section. So the paper did not just cherry pick the lame moronic responses listed in today's paper. As an fyi, the Sunday paper has the largest circulation.

As a life long Bill's fan we have been catching heat. Not hard to understand when the Bills don't make the playoffs for 12 years. But trust me people who attack her with the vulgar words used or attacking her looks show a total lack of class and do not represent the majority of Bill's fans.

Yes, you are right about it being printed, but on the website there are only negative comments. Why? Because they want us all to respond to it and keep the hits coming.

Losing 4 Superbowls, being close to Canada, wide right, Gish' entire article...its way more than not making the playoffs. Why are you rationalizing with people who knock us?

I didnt email a vulgar response to her, but I dont mind that other fans did. Some of it was actually pretty funny. And Im certainly not going to act righteous. She was busting our chops on a public platform. What did she expect? She couldnt take her medicine, and responded in an even more un-objective fashion.

In the end, the Times Union looks like the hack liberal rag it is.

Edited by MisFitz Island

She did an expert job at cherry-picking the most offensive, close-minded responses, that's what she did. For that, she is a martyr. To be fair, it wouldn't have killed her to print a few of the more thoughtful, engaging emails she received -- of which I am sure there were many.

But, some people also voted for Obama...and will again. So what can you do?

You can start by keeping your trash in the politics section, thanks.

Lotsa pent-up frustration there.

Really, really weak take that also stoops to her level (and fails). Certainly, she's a maroon, but she's perfectly fine looking vis-a-vis most people in the USA.

Here's Ms. Gish... no wonder she's so bitter... just sayin'

post-7113-003304500 1316726341_thumb.jpg

Pretty pathetic take, especially given that she's an easy (and richly deserving) target for the words she posted onscreen. I'm guessing that you must better looking than her if you're willing to resort to this sort of (non)argument.

You can start by keeping your trash in the politics section, thanks.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, sweetheart.

How bout this: "Some people root for the Dolphins...and always will. What can you do?"