ESPN "Analysts" arguing over our chances to win...

As much as I hate him, I thought Teddy did a nice job giving insights. He did not come right out and say it but it is clear that he believes the Patsies* will win the turnover battle. As much as I have grown to love Fitz this is his greatest weakness. He will need to play his aggressive style but can't turn the ball over. The Bills can win but they can't be as error prone as they have been in this series over too many games.

That's a very fair interview. What's the problem? Sure Teddy disses the city a bit and his prediction doesn't follow his analysis, but thats to be expected. Don't forget this guy had to tone it down since Brady scolded the retired pats like Bruschi and Harrison for not having a clue what theyre talking about when it comes to the current pats locker room

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I see this game 38-24 PATS....unless The Bills can invent a pass rush.

I'd rather give up some big plays due to too much blitzing vs. sitting back and getting

picked apart.-Shake up old Tom a bit.

OK, I'm not a Bruschi fan, but I just read the article and don't see the angst towards him. He's fair, gives respect where it is deserved, and deals with the obvious . . . until we beat them, they will always be the favorite.

"To be the best, you have to beat the best." When we do this weekend, then we can give him the :nana:

Well what do you expect? You realize that they aren't picking for upsets. They are picking because the winner at the end of the season gets to say "I'm better than you, and I know it" until next season.

Yeah, they uniformly pick the favorite in 10/15 games. ESPN expert picks are srs bsns.

Is he?

I just dont like the guy as an analyst.

He isnt very bright or articulate.

Hell of a player, but talks like a white boy trying to be a brother.

In other words-He's dooshy.

Respect????

He predicted a score that was like 56 to 10. Yes, a bit of an exaggeration I know, but if that is respect then I am missing something.

The Bills don't need Teddy's version of "respect".

If they want respect they have to earn it out there by beating the crap out of the Patriots. dry.gif

Getting no respect anywhere. Watching Pats show on NESN and even ole Fred Smerlas pick that Pats in somewhat of a blow out. He was the only one that said the Bills wouldnt cover the 9pt spread.

Fred's Boston roots have always trumped his time here in Buffalo. I laughed when he said last year that he was considering moving here to run for Congress. All his opponent would have to do is play clips of him dissing the Bills and polishing the Pats'* knobs.

Respect????

He predicted a score that was like 56 to 10. Yes, a bit of an exaggeration I know, but if that is respect then I am missing something.

The Bills don't need Teddy's version of "respect".

If they want respect they have to earn it out there by beating the crap out of the Patriots. dry.gif

Just FYI, he only has one "D" in his first name.

He's special.

Getting no respect anywhere. Watching Pats show on NESN and even ole Fred Smerlas pick that Pats in somewhat of a blow out. He was the only one that said the Bills wouldnt cover the 9pt spread.

Fred's Boston roots have always trumped his time here in Buffalo. I laughed when he said last year that he was considering moving here to run for Congress. All his opponent would have to do is play clips of him dissing the Bills and polishing the Pats'* knobs.

I would ignore the ignorant, fat f!@#$ but it's doubly offensive that he carries on like the moron that he is considering that the Bills honored him on their Wall of Fame.

Fred Smerlas is the ultimate traitor and a dishonest person.

All Pro Celebrity Tailgate

In December 2006, Smerlas had his New England Patriots season tickets revoked, because according to Boston.com, he violated the Patriots policy prohibiting ticket holders from reselling their tickets to third parties except through the team's own ticket exchange, where sellers are required to charge face value. Smerlas offered an "All Pro Celebrity Tailgate" package for $250-a-head that increased to $625-$750 if the customer also wanted a game ticket. Smerlas and Glenn Ordway were mentioned by name in the article, but both state that they did not make money on the resale of the tickets, only on the food and beverage tailgate package. [1]

On August 12, 2007, it was reported that Smerlas obtained a resellers license and had restructured the prices for his tailgate package to make it clear that game ticket is being sold at face value. According to an article in the Boston Globe, the new package consists of a basic food and beverage tailgate which costs $250, or a "$500 package that includes the basic tailgate plus parking, a VIP gift, and an ad in a program guide", adding a game ticket to either package costs the face value of $125.[2] In the same article by Bruce Mohl, Smerlas was referred to as an Ex-scalper, a description Smerlas took exception to as he "has never been charged with scalping or illegal resale of tickets." The Boston Globe published a clarification on September 2, 2007 acknowledging that Smerlas "has never been charged with scalping or illegal resale of tickets".[3] Smerlas has been quoted as being unsatisfied with the clarification and said he is seeking legal advice on other possible remedies.[4]

[edit]All Pro Productions

An investigation by WCVB-TV's 11-o'clock news, which aired on February 25, 2007 revealed that Smerlas's company All Pro Productions is the leading telemarketer contractor for police, firefighter, and similar agencies in Massachusetts. The investigation alleges that All Pro Productions' telemarketers misidentify themselves as police officers and apply pressure tactics to obtain donations. Further, it was noted that the company, on average, keeps 63% of the money donated while only 37% goes to the charities. In a telephone conversation, Smerlas defended his telemarketers saying "they identify themselves", "are monitored", and "read from scripts" although he refused to provide a script. He also claimed that "60% is reasonable" given telemarketing costs.[5]