how do our DB compete against Brady?

SlamnSam

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady has over 900 yds passing against 2 really good defeneses,San Diego and Miami. Our DB's cant cover a college freshman. How do we have any chances of slowing down Tom Brady?

With a pash rush. Something that moron Norv Turner apparently hasn't heard of. It's been pretty established for years now that you DON'T sit back in coverage against Brady - apparently Norv is the only one who missed that memo.

As for our DB's and college freshman - not sure what your point is other than to (attempt to) sound funny/clever.

There wasn't much wrong with their work this week - they were in position most of the time and had one kid have an amazing day of actually taking the ball even when he was blanketed.

Considering they've also been keying run most of the last two games (against last season's top two rushing teams), I'm not too worried about the pass rush.

If the Pat's* get away with as much holding as the Raid-duh's did yesterday, there might be a problem - but we'll have to hope for a better called game.

Knock him on his ass early and often. That's the only way. Otherwise it will be a track meet to see which team can score the most points and I do not see us coming out on top of that contest.

THIS

No clue why SD refused to blitz. Right up there with why did that functional moron Tolbert turn around and run away from an obvious running lane on 3rd and 5. I swear the Pat's* have an Idiot-Ray they fire at opposing teams during games.

Brady has over 900 yds passing against 2 really good defeneses,San Diego and Miami. Our DB's cant cover a college freshman. How do we have any chances of slowing down Tom Brady?

No one has slowed the guy down.

The Giants in their last superbowl showed everybody what the formula is: Knock Brady around. Show lots of different looks. Clog up the passing lanes. That might slow him down enough to keep the game close enough to pull it out at the end.

Remember... the number 1 goal for the Chiefs and Raiders was to stop the run. Force the Quarterback to beat us (which Campbell almost did yesterday). We will not have the same philosophy against the Patriots*. In fact, it will be quite the opposite. Focus everything on stopping Brady and make the runningbacks beat us. Easier said than done, but we will be more focused to stop the pass this week, I assure you.

Be fair to our DBs. They were asked to single-cover for a long, long time because of how little pressure we got on Campbell.

That said....I understand the concern.

Question: what makes you say San Diego and Miami have really good defenses?

Brady has over 900 yards, but the Bills have scored more points. They dont put yards on the scoreboard, and Im not afraid of NE's defense against our Offense.

Plus see below. This will be the first week that we are playing the pass as first priority.

Remember... the number 1 goal for the Chiefs and Raiders was to stop the run. Force the Quarterback to beat us (which Campbell almost did yesterday). We will not have the same philosophy against the Patriots*. In fact, it will be quite the opposite. Focus everything on stopping Brady and make the runningbacks beat us. Easier said than done, but we will be more focused to stop the pass this week, I assure you.

:thumbsup:

We probably won't leave 7 guys in the box all day, that will help out in coverage by itself. Also, I imagine we'll be pass rushing more than focusing on stuffing the line.

:thumbsup:

You have got to hit him and you have got to jam his WR's.

Brady is deadly accurate when he's not getting hit and his timing is not thrown off. However, if you can get to him early and rough him up a bit his accuracy really suffers. The Bills have got to blitz early and often. Doing so with the full realization that he is going to burn us several times. If you let him stand there he will absolutely eat us alive.

If you look at what Detriot did to him in the pre-season you'll see that Brady's accuracy was abysmal in that game. The reason being is that they Lions beat the **** out of him. Brady's a princess and doesn't like to get hit. If he gets leveled a couple of times on their first few possessions he's going to start getting twitchy.

The other major component of beating the Pats is jamming their WR's and TE's at the line. You simply can't let them run their timing patterns.

I'll just remind everyone, this team has come close to beating the Patriots the last couple of years and had a LOT less talent than our current team.

If they bleed, they can be beat and Tom Brady definitely will bleed.

I watched about half of the SD/NE game, and SD rushed 3 for most of it. WTF? Its been years since the 'to beat Brady all you have to do is sack him' gameplan was discovered. Why do teams still refuse to get after him? Its assinine.

The first two weeks I got teh feeling we were holding back on our pass rush to stop the run. I hope that is the case. I want to see WMD ripping titties Sunday.

I watched about half of the SD/NE game, and SD rushed 3 for most of it. WTF? Its been years since the 'to beat Brady all you have to do is sack him' gameplan was discovered. Why do teams still refuse to get after him? Its assinine.

The first two weeks I got teh feeling we were holding back on our pass rush to stop the run. I hope that is the case. I want to see WMD ripping titties Sunday.

HA! Last line got an actual lol.

Yep, looking very forward to seeing this defense in "Pass D mode". Hope Dareus is ready to meet Marsha early and often. :thumbsup:

Knock him on his ass early and often. That's the only way. Otherwise it will be a track meet to see which team can score the most points and I do not see us coming out on top of that contest.

I don't see much evidence that we have a pass rush yet, at least not one that will worry the Patriots. So a track meet it is. Given the points we have put up, I think we could keep up with them, if only just.

You have got to hit him and you have got to jam his WR's.

Brady is deadly accurate when he's not getting hit and his timing is not thrown off. However, if you can get to him early and rough him up a bit his accuracy really suffers. The Bills have got to blitz early and often. Doing so with the full realization that he is going to burn us several times. If you let him stand there he will absolutely eat us alive.

If you look at what Detriot did to him in the pre-season you'll see that Brady's accuracy was abysmal in that game. The reason being is that they Lions beat the **** out of him. Brady's a princess and doesn't like to get hit. If he gets leveled a couple of times on their first few possessions he's going to start getting twitchy.

The other major component of beating the Pats is jamming their WR's and TE's at the line. You simply can't let them run their timing patterns.

I'll just remind everyone, this team has come close to beating the Patriots the last couple of years and had a LOT less talent than our current team.

If they bleed, they can be beat and Tom Brady definitely will bleed.

This is tried and true. Simple in concept, but hard to accomplish. You hit Brady enough and he loses his cool, the pats struggle. Every time the pats have lost in recent memory their opponemts ran effectively and hit princess. Cleveland did last year, Baltimore has in playoffs, jets did in playoffs last year. Qb's like big Ben and favre got better the more they're hit. TB is on the other end of the spectrum. Merrimen needs to have a career game, and kyle and Darius need to collape the pocket up the middle.

The ground attack of fj, cjs, and brad smith are crucial.

This is tried and true. Simple in concept, but hard to accomplish. You hit Brady enough and he loses his cool, the pats struggle. Every time the pats have lost in recent memory their opponemts ran effectively and hit princess. Cleveland did last year, Baltimore has in playoffs, jets did in playoffs last year. Qb's like big Ben and favre got better the more they're hit. TB is on the other end of the spectrum. Merrimen needs to have a career game, and kyle and Darius need to collape the pocket up the middle.

The ground attack of fj, cjs, and brad smith are crucial.

I think Cleveland sacked him just the one time last year. What Cleveland did very well, was rush for over 180 yards by Hillis alone and leave Brady on the sidelines most of the game. If we make a couple special teams plays, generate a turnover or two, and get some pressure on him - we will be fine. However, the no huddle he runs against teams really does wear a defense down. It's good we have such a young defense!

With a pash rush. Something that moron Norv Turner apparently hasn't heard of. It's been pretty established for years now that you DON'T sit back in coverage against Brady - apparently Norv is the only one who missed that memo.

As for our DB's and college freshman - not sure what your point is other than to (attempt to) sound funny/clever.

There wasn't much wrong with their work this week - they were in position most of the time and had one kid have an amazing day of actually taking the ball even when he was blanketed.

Considering they've also been keying run most of the last two games (against last season's top two rushing teams), I'm not too worried about the pass rush.

If the Pat's* get away with as much holding as the Raid-duh's did yesterday, there might be a problem - but we'll have to hope for a better called game.

THIS

No clue why SD refused to blitz. Right up there with why did that functional moron Tolbert turn around and run away from an obvious running lane on 3rd and 5. I swear the Pat's* have an Idiot-Ray they fire at opposing teams during games.

My whole point about our DB's is that they appear to not have the ability to cover a college freshmen. We play against pros and our DB's are just plain terrible. How many times did you see the QB have all day to pass to an open guy with no one around for 10-15 yards? Hard to believe but it was many times. I didn't count them, but more than once spells big trouble. I am not counting the good plays by the QB that had all day to pass and the amazing passes that moore kid caught. I didnt see much of a pass rush and I didnt see much coverage on most of the passes. That was oakland, do you really think the pats are worse than the raiders? why will we all of a sudden have this monster pass rush that will even get to the best QB in the nfl? I would love to see the Bills pull this off, but billijerk is licking his chops knowing this is a turkey shoot. Just the way I see it.