how do our DB compete against Brady?

SlamnSam

With all due respect, we may be asking (and answering) the WRONG question. One of the OP's on this board once commented that Brady had time to eat a sandwich before throwing strikes. What they neglected to mention was that he also had time to MAKE that sandwich before leisurely consuming it. My point is this: Brady is good at making it LOOK LIKE he's what's hurting teams, but what if he isn't? On Sunday I saw a Charger team so focused on corraling Brady that they allowed Hernandez, Gronkowski, Welker, and Branch to shred them. No matter what, Brady WILL get the ball off to one of those guys. Why not focus on neutralizing his targets? Yah sure, our secondary is AWFUL. So what? Are we just supposed to accept that as fans? Whatever happened to GETTING BETTER? Pushing yourself. -Any of these sound familiar? The Chargers secondary (also lousy) refused to commit to neutralizing his weapons. If throwing the ball looks unappetizing to Brady, They'll have no choice but to pound the rock. I like our chances much better if we drag them into a ground and pound conflict.

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have all the necessary ingredients to beat the Patriots.

1. Rushing game: we have the most rushing yards of any team in the league.

2. Spread the defense: we have enough weapons to keep them from stacking the box to stop the run.

3. D line: we have big bodies capable of collapsing the pocket up the middle.

We are going to get burned a few times. But in the end, I think our defense can stop them better than they will be able to stop us. With what should be a dominant rushing game to limit NE's offensive opportunities, I like our chances.

We have all the necessary ingredients to beat the Patriots.

1. Rushing game: we have the most rushing yards of any team in the league.

2. Spread the defense: we have enough weapons to keep them from stacking the box to stop the run.

3. D line: we have big bodies capable of collapsing the pocket up the middle.

We are going to get burned a few times. But in the end, I think our defense can stop them better than they will be able to stop us. With what should be a dominant rushing game to limit NE's offensive opportunities, I like our chances.

Man I really hope all of this stays true this Sunday.

Your right on all points brother.

GO BILLS!!!!

My whole point about our DB's is that they appear to not have the ability to cover a college freshmen. We play against pros and our DB's are just plain terrible. How many times did you see the QB have all day to pass to an open guy with no one around for 10-15 yards? Hard to believe but it was many times. I didn't count them, but more than once spells big trouble. I am not counting the good plays by the QB that had all day to pass and the amazing passes that moore kid caught. I didnt see much of a pass rush and I didnt see much coverage on most of the passes. That was oakland, do you really think the pats are worse than the raiders? why will we all of a sudden have this monster pass rush that will even get to the best QB in the nfl? I would love to see the Bills pull this off, but billijerk is licking his chops knowing this is a turkey shoot. Just the way I see it.

Right - because for the last two weeks we've been in run-stopping mode. We haven't been rushing more than four and often just three, and the DB's have been keeping half an eye on the backfield keying run. That's how we just held last season's top two running attacks to minimal success on the ground.

Right - because for the last two weeks we've been in run-stopping mode. We haven't been rushing more than four and often just three, and the DB's have been keeping half an eye on the backfield keying run. That's how we just held last season's top two running attacks to minimal success on the ground.

Yup, and this week we bring the other hand out from behind our back. Chanstache will be unlocking the kennel door for this one, and the headlines this week will be: "Shawne Merriman, Comeback Player of the Year?"

I think Cleveland sacked him just the one time last year. What Cleveland did very well, was rush for over 180 yards by Hillis alone and leave Brady on the sidelines most of the game. If we make a couple special teams plays, generate a turnover or two, and get some pressure on him - we will be fine. However, the no huddle he runs against teams really does wear a defense down. It's good we have such a young defense!

This. The best way to compete against Princess Tom is to have him playing "Left Bench" as much as possible.

It's hard to throw completions when you're sitting on your a**. The common implication is "after having been knocked on it during a pass play" but Brady is deadly accurate under pressure IF you leave him the short stuff across the middle. Who we got who can cover like a Spandex Blanket? So let this be the motto for our offense: Bench Brady! Bench Brady!

Too bad the benches at the Ralph are made of modern materials and he can't get splinters.

We all know what 95% of New England's offense is, Tom Brady. So here's some things I think we can do to slow down his efectivness.

Get into his face & be physical, not dirty, but physical with him. With a pass rush on him where he's always getting hit before, during, & shortly after his throws, it flusters him & it gets into his head. Basically wear the guy down.

With their starting Center out, I think we can exploit my above point by scheming Kyle, Marcel, & Merriman and anybody else, to bull-rush right up in there. This can flush him out of the pocket also where he's way less effective.

Hit all of their receivers at the line. Disrupt their timing of their routes. Getting pysical w/ them also wears them down.

Cover Welker like a blanket! Even double coverage from time to time. I've seen too much of him eating teams up.

With our offense, long sustained drives. Eat up clock, = Brady on the sideline. He can't hurt us if he's on the sideline. Moreover, w/ long sustained drives by our offense, our defense is getting plenty of rest & staying fresh.

We gotta play smart football. Avoid penalties, ESPECIALLY the ones that give NE a second chance.

Lastly, touchdowns in the Red Zone. We can't do what San Diego did yesterday. You need all the points you can get against NE.

Well folks, that's my 2 cents.

That was good. I LOVE the plan on Defense. Hopefully our DC finally gets it. I think we need Williams in over McKelvin. McKelvin is not as physical and has no skill in knocking down the ball, etc. I'd also like to see some of Scott coming up and blitzing or hitting Welker at the line. Put two people on him at the line.