Still not built to beat the Pats

Something that I've been screaming about on here for years is that the Bills are still showing nothing off of the edge from their pass rushers. I've brought this up more than a few times and I hear things like, "Batten, Coleman, Merriman, Moats, etc." But year after year they do nothing.

You need a strong pass rush off the edge to beat Brady and other than a play or two by Kelsay, the Bills have shown nothing from that position. When the Bills played him tough in the past, Schobel went off. Hopefully Buddy finally gets the point after Brady sits in the pocket and dissects our secondary next week and makes this position a priority before the 5th round.

Not being a downer, I'm staying consistent. I'm obviously happy that the Bills are at least fun to watch again and resemble a football. But until Merriman or Buddy (on draft day) wake up, I don't see things changing vs the Pats. I guess 14-2 isn't so bad though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that I've been screaming about on here for years is that the Bills are still showing nothing off of the edge from their pass rushers. I've brought this up more than a few times and I hear things like, "Batten, Coleman, Merriman, Moats, etc." But year after year they do nothing.

You need a strong pass rush off the edge to beat Brady and other than a play or two by Kelsay, the Bills have shown nothing from that position. When the Bills played him tough in the past, Schobel went off. Hopefully Buddy finally gets the point after Brady sits in the pocket and dissects our secondary next week and makes this position a priority before the 5th round.

Not being a downer, I'm staying consistent. I'm obviously happy that the Bills are at least fun to watch again and resemble a football. But until Merriman or Buddy (on draft day) wake up, I don't see things changing vs the Pats. I guess 14-2 isn't so bad though.

Sadly I'm forced to agree with you. But that Pats* defense is exploitable if the offense can keep up the play they've had so far this year.

It might be a shootout. But again, I predicted this as a loss before the season started, and I still see it as one. So I don't lose either way.

What definitely won't get it done v. NE is kicking a FG on 4th and 6 inches from their 10 yard line.

I don't understand this thread. Last season was total triage and this season is a step forward, but it's still rebuild mode. The Patriots are one of the top teams in the league. The Bills need to worry about beating bad, poor, average, and good teams before we're overly concerned about a single team.

What definitely won't get it done v. NE is kicking a FG on 4th and 6 inches from their 10 yard line.

The offense won't be a problem. The offense should play as good tonight or better. NE dline isn't nearly as good as oaklands. And our offense should have way better field position. That oakland punter really killed us by making us start on the 20 on almost every series.

Our defense stopping their offense is the real thing to worry about. Their offense is elite, and our defense is slightly above average, at best.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I disagree.

You will see more pressure against Brady than they have managed in years. Dareus and Williams will get pressure inside, and Merriman will have his best game next Sunday.

I think the Bills match up well against the Pats on both sides of the ball now. While I had this down as a loss too, I think we can just as well sneak out a win here.

I don't understand this thread. Last season was total triage and this season is a step forward, but it's still rebuild mode. The Patriots are one of the top teams in the league. The Bills need to worry about beating bad, poor, average, and good teams before we're overly concerned about a single team.

What's not to understand? In order to be the best you need to beat the best. The formula for beating the Pats has been established, pressure off of the edge. The Bills aren't showing this at all. No one is stepping up. Pretty straight forward really.

Buddy needs to wake up on draft day and realize that he had Merriman (in his prime) and Phillips coming form the outside in SD and that's what made that D so great. Go out and get somebody and stop trying to "steal" someone at such an important position.

we almost beat the pats* twice in recent years with teams worse than this one. We might not be the favorites going in, but we certainly have a decent enough shot.

I agree. Who is to say we have not been holding a few things back for NE and NY?

Buddy needs to wake up on draft day and realize that he had Merriman (in his prime) and Phillips coming form the outside in SD and that's what made that D so great. Go out and get somebody and stop trying to "steal" someone at such an important position.

This post just seems like it trying way too hard...so the Bills should make all decisions based off beating one team? Exactly where were these edge rushers coming from that should be on the team?

Mark my words. It'll be NE using 2 TE's almost all game, us having to use double coverage on Hernandez, which is fine - because they have no running game.

Our offense will be able to stretch the field very well thanks to what we saw today with Brad Smith and Spiller making teams unsure of what can happen. We will have to simply throw the long ball. I wish Evans was here for next week.

Im sorry this is bull ****.

You know how you win games? You play your game and make the other team play your game. The Ralph is going to be soooooooooo loud next week and the team BELIEVES they should win and will win. Beleive it. The Bills will win next week