C.J. Spiller

he played exactly like we wanted him too and he showed good patience with the runs

Agreed. I don't think anyone want him taking away Fred Jackson's job right now. But compare CJ Spiller at Game 2 of this season with Game 2 of last season. If he can continue to improve, I honestly think that he will be an asset in the coming years.

Freddy got most of the handoffs, but when CJ touched the ball, usually good things happened. I didn't see too may negative runs, or have him run back and get tackled for a loss. While Freddy is here to stay for a while, I think CJ showed that Chan wasn't nuts when we drafted him.

CJ Was an effing baller. FJ is the workhorse, but CJ is far, far from a bust. 15+ per carry? Guy is legit and a heck of a running back. Props to him and to Chan. love the use of both of the RBs effectively and setting things up with teh pass. DC is ROCKING!

Except that Spiller picked up the blitz on that Nelson TD on the last drive.

This. Joe the six pack can we get a little spiller love? Even his biggest critics have to give him credit today. While one good game a career does not make he def played the best game of his YOUNG career.

This. Joe the six pack can we get a little spiller love? Even his biggest critics have to give him credit today. While one good game a career does not make he def played the best game of his YOUNG career.

Agreed. I honestly don't think he's ready to take over yet but come on. He's just starting his second year. He lost offseason to get better. And yet, despite all predictions to he contrary, he has been better these last two games.

sabres analogy: it kind of reminds me of the maturation of nate gerbe. gerbe, while not a bluechipper like spiller, KILLED it in college. everyone knew he had game, but people feared he was too small, and many wrote him off altogether. but sure enough, the game started slowing down for him, and he was one of the sabres best players in 2011.

spiller is similar in my mind. a gamebreaker in college due to his speed, you HAD to think he would need time to adjust. let's hope today's game is just the beginning.