5 Reasons... can you name more?

BuckeyeBill

Five reasons why I don’t see Buffalo possibly losing this game:

1. Their win was more impressive against the Chiefs (10-6) than the Raider win against the Broncos (4-12). Both the Chiefs and Broncos were excited about their home opener… and both blew it. The Chiefs turned the ball over 3 times, leading to 17 points by the Bills. The Broncos turned the ball over 3 times as well, leading to 20 points by the Raiders. Both games should have been blow outs, right?

Well the Bills won by 34 points and the Raiders won by 3. Only THREE!! If Janikowski had not been kicking through the thin mile-high air, the Raiders would not have made that 63 yard field goal… and the game would have gone into overtime! Nearly going into overtime against a 4-12 team that shot themselves in the foot three times? How is that an impressive win?!

Not to mention that the Chiefs are a superior team to Denver.

2. The Raiders best players are hurt. Jacoby Ford is out, Darius Heyward-Bey is listed as questionable, so is Michael Huff, Kevin Boss, and Richard Seymour. Heck, even Jason Campbell and Darren McFadden are listed as probable. I don’t think the Raiders would beat the Bills even if all their guns were loaded… too bad the Raiders will be running on empty.

3. The Raiders had a short week (game ending around 2AM Tuesday morning EST). Therefore Oakland have had about 131 hours to rest and prepare for this game. The Bills on the other hand will have had 165 hours to rest and prepare. The Raiders have to fly from Denver-to Oakland- then to Buffalo (3907 miles)… while the Bills just have to come home (986 miles). Historically, teams in the Raiders position don’t play sharp on Sunday!

4. You could state an argument that the Chiefs are a better team than the Raiders because the Raiders are one dimensional. The Chiefs have pro bowlers Matt Cassel and Dwayne Bowe, while the Raiders have… um… Jason Campbell and… a questionable DHB? Yes, the Raiders have a good running attack… a great running attack… but so did the Chiefs and the Bills pretty much shut them down. The Bills will key on the run (putting 8 in the box) and dare Campbell to beat them in the air. I would argue that Charles = McFadden, but Cassel > Campell.

5. The Home Field advantage will give the Bills another huge advantage (even if they don’t it). Home opener… new uniforms… new hope… the Bills fans want this win badly, and you know the Bills players want it even more so! I don’t remember the last time the fans were so thirsty for a win against an 8-8 team that was not in the AFC East. The Ralph will be rocking on Sunday my friends… too bad for the Raiders.

They never had a chance…

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills won because they were balanced. They played great special teams, ran the ball well and controlled the clock (37 minutes), did not make any mistakes (turnovers), and caused turnovers. These are good recipes for winning a ball game.

If they can repeat that and be balanced on phases of the game, we will win.

Really like your 5 reasons... here are a few more

6) Freddy + CJ > McFadden + Bush - each team will hand the ball off about 30 times (give or take). I think we have a better advantage at YPG with our two over theirs. Especially in short passing situations where CJ can finally run wild should we get him open in the flats.

7) Pass D - we gave up 119 yards passing to a QB who was playing from behind the entire game (and also played in a ProBowl last year). raiders let Orton throw for 300+ yards on them, while the crowd chanted for his 3rd stringer to play.

8) Home opener, and as much as we hate Brady, something tells me everyone in Buffalo is going to be drinking HEAVY before the game and raising pure ruckus in the stands.

GO BILLS (I will be cheering hard out here in Hawaii)

Really like your 5 reasons... here are a few more

6) Freddy + CJ > McFadden + Bush - each team will hand the ball off about 30 times (give or take). I think we have a better advantage at YPG with our two over theirs. Especially in short passing situations where CJ can finally run wild should we get him open in the flats.

7) Pass D - we gave up 119 yards passing to a QB who was playing from behind the entire game (and also played in a ProBowl last year). raiders let Orton throw for 300+ yards on them, while the crowd chanted for his 3rd stringer to play.

8) Home opener, and as much as we hate Brady, something tells me everyone in Buffalo is going to be drinking HEAVY before the game and raising pure ruckus in the stands.

GO BILLS (I will be cheering hard out here in Hawaii)

tebow isnt 3rd string. he is 2nd along with quinn. there is no 3rd. and they were chanting for him because he was 24/46 1int 1 fum and could only score once.

but yaaaaaaaaaa

This is a little crazy.

I think the Bills will win and I want a win badly. I really like Freddy and think he is one of the most underrated players (by the media) in the league, and I haven't nearly given up on Spiller yet.

However, McFadden right now is as good as they come. He is fully in his prime and he is an absolute beast. He's arguably playing as well, if not better, than any RB in the league.

Jackson is no doubt a good back, but you have to give the nod to McFadden. Not taking anything away from Fred, it's that McFadden is just that nasty.

If the Bills can lock down McFadden somehow, we win.

Edited by Boludo

Five reasons why I dont see Buffalo possibly losing this game:

1. Their win was more impressive against the Chiefs (10-6) than the Raider win against the Broncos (4-12). Both the Chiefs and Broncos were excited about their home opener… and both blew it. The Chiefs turned the ball over 3 times, leading to 17 points by the Bills. The Broncos turned the ball over 3 times as well, leading to 20 points by the Raiders. Both games should have been blow outs, right?

Well the Bills won by 34 points and the Raiders won by 3. Only THREE!! If Janikowski had not been kicking through the thin mile-high air, the Raiders would not have made that 63 yard field goal… and the game would have gone into overtime! Nearly going into overtime against a 4-12 team that shot themselves in the foot three times? How is that an impressive win?!

Not to mention that the Chiefs are a superior team to Denver.

2. The Raiders best players are hurt. Jacoby Ford is out, Darius Heyward-Bey is listed as questionable, so is Michael Huff, Kevin Boss, and Richard Seymour. Heck, even Jason Campbell and Darren McFadden are listed as probable. I dont think the Raiders would beat the Bills even if all their guns were loaded… too bad the Raiders will be running on empty.

3. The Raiders had a short week (game ending around 2AM Tuesday morning EST). Therefore Oakland have had about 131 hours to rest and prepare for this game. The Bills on the other hand will have had 165 hours to rest and prepare. The Raiders have to fly from Denver-to Oakland- then to Buffalo (3907 miles)… while the Bills just have to come home (986 miles). Historically, teams in the Raiders position dont play sharp on Sunday!

4. You could state an argument that the Chiefs are a better team than the Raiders because the Raiders are one dimensional. The Chiefs have pro bowlers Matt Cassel and Dwayne Bowe, while the Raiders have… um… Jason Campbell and… a questionable DHB? Yes, the Raiders have a good running attack… a great running attack… but so did the Chiefs and the Bills pretty much shut them down. The Bills will key on the run (putting 8 in the box) and dare Campbell to beat them in the air. I would argue that Charles = McFadden, but Cassel > Campell.

5. The Home Field advantage will give the Bills another huge advantage (even if they dont it). Home opener… new uniforms… new hope… the Bills fans want this win badly, and you know the Bills players want it even more so! I dont remember the last time the fans were so thirsty for a win against an 8-8 team that was not in the AFC East. The Ralph will be rocking on Sunday my friends… too bad for the Raiders.

They never had a chance…

Five Reason Raiders will win this game

1. Raiders are going to win the battle at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Raiders Dline versus Bills Oline. Raiders Oline versus Bills defenseline. You do that in any league and your most likely going to win the game.

2. Raiders have just far superior athlethes than the Bills all across the board against the Bills, that it will show on the football field

3. Raiders have just too much in the running game for the Bills to deal with. Immaterial what you did against Chiefs running game because Raiders rushing attack is so much diffrent. Raiders run more power blocking scheme and play with extra Olineman as Extra Te alot.(6 olineman) They can get to the corners but they can also run with power up the middle.

4. With The return of Te Kevin Boss Raiders have something the Bills didn't have to acount for last week . Raiders have Te beside Boss that will be matchup problems for your defense.

5 Playaction after Raiders establish the running game will lead to big plays down the field to their Wr's. You can only cover speed so long and playaction creates that time.

6. Raiders kicking game is better than Bills kicking game. If Bills keep it close this might actually decide the game.

I would have said field position battle but I would give your punter the edge in keeping it inside the twenty than raiders punter.

BTw what tels you the chiefs are better than the Broncos(maybe last year)

Hue is a rookie head coach in his 1st road game.

What's the over/under on how many penalties the Raiders commit? They were very UNdisciplined last week but that may have been due to them playing their rival. Every other play was flagged!

I know Denvers has been Raiders home away from Home the last four years. Still it counted as a road game as Raiders were at Denver. Lets see on national TV and in a hostile Arena with alot of guys getting their first taste of professional football. Raiders emotions should be alot more under control this week in Buffalo,

#1- our team is better looking than theirs

Maybe better looking as I haven't looked that close at either teams players like that. So i will trust you on that one. Better talent no way as raiders talent is superior jmo.

Edited by Raiderjoe

This is a little crazy.

I think the Bills will win and I want a win badly. I really like Freddy and think he is one of the most underrated players (by the media) in the league, and I haven't nearly given up on Spiller yet.

However, McFadden right now is as good as they come. He is fully in his prime and he is an absolute beast. He's arguably playing as well, if not better, than any RB in the league.

Jackson is no doubt a good back, but you have to give the nod to McFadden. Not taking anything away from Fred, it's that McFadden is just that nasty.

If the Bills can lock down McFadden somehow, we win.

I bet Freddy out runs McFadden in this game. Fred Jackson is a man with a chip his shoulders and I have a feeling he knows one way to prove his worth to the rest of the league is to out play McFaddin. I will never bet against Fred.

Our QB is better than theirs, end of story.

Kyle Orton was Better qb than raiders QB. Did it really matter when you get dominated on both sides of the ball.

I bet Freddy out runs McFadden in this game. Fred Jackson is a man with a chip his shoulders and I have a feeling he knows one way to prove his worth to the rest of the league is to out play McFaddin. I will never bet against Fred.

Thats okay if you believe that in your heart, i just hope you don't put any money on that. That a whole diffrent story.

Kyle Orton was Better qb than raiders QB. Did it really matter when you get dominated on both sides of the ball.

Thats okay if you believe that in your heart, i just hope you don't put any money on that. That a whole diffrent story.

Ok Raiderjoe, You have been having fun talking a good game on our site this week. I have enjoyed reading your post (except for the awful spelling and grammar errors). I will mail you five bucks if McFaddin has a better game than Fred. That's a subjective qualifier but I am a man of my word and will honor the spirit of the bet. You are a good fan of a good team but this week, on our field, our team, The Buffalo Bills, will win. I will PM you my address on Sunday:)

Edited by Keuka

I think RaiderJoe might be that Baghdad Bob Iraqi press secretary guy who was telling the world Iraq was soundly defeating the Americans as Abrams tanks were rolling through the streets in the background.

Not really. In spite of the luscious imagery that brings to mind, I give him props for hanging here and not being a wild-azz trash talker like so many trolls we've seen over the years.

If any Bills fan think this is going to be a cake-walk, they're likely to be disabused of that notion come game day.

The Raiders are a good team. They are big, strong and fast at many positions and their DLine is deeper than ours.

The key to them winning is to stick with the run game. Their passing game is not likely to win it for them, so if they run it 30 - 35 times against The Bills, it could be a long afternoon for the faithful at The Ralph.

If they abandon the run early... :devil::beer:

Oakland is at a huge disadvantage traveling east on a short week after a MNF game. Their body clocks will be out of whack.

If The Bills get up early - which is a best case scenario AFAIC, a few of the Raiders might begin just going through the motions.

Regardless, I highly doubt that this will be a rout.

2. Raiders have just far superior athlethes than the Bills all across the board against the Bills, that it will show on the football field

Too bad the two you have aren't going to be much of a factor due to injury.

3. Raiders have just too much in the running game for the Bills to deal with. Immaterial what you did against Chiefs running game because Raiders rushing attack is so much diffrent. Raiders run more power blocking scheme and play with extra Olineman as Extra Te alot.(6 olineman) They can get to the corners but they can also run with power up the middle.

Last year, Kansas City was #1 in rushing yards per game, and Oakland #2. Last week, our hugely improved run defense shut it down, completely. Actually, you powering up the middle only makes it easier to stop the run with Williams and Dareus in tandem.

4. With The return of Te Kevin Boss Raiders have something the Bills didn't have to acount for last week . Raiders have Te beside Boss that will be matchup problems for your defense.

Boss is limited... not concerned if you can't move the ball down the field with a deep threat as Bey is hurt too.

BTw what tels you the chiefs are better than the Broncos(maybe last year)

What tells you the Raiders aren't worse than last year since they barely scraped by the Broncos, an abysmal team last year, while the Bills annihilated a 10-6 Chiefs team from last year in their place?

Edited by BmoreBills

Too bad the two you have aren't going to be much of a factor due to injury.

They still have some key depth though.

Last year, Kansas City was #1 in rushing yards per game, and Oakland #2. Last week, our hugely improved run defense shut it down, completely. Actually, you powering up the middle only makes it easier to stop the run with Williams and Dareus in tandem.

The Chief's OLine is not nearly as good as it was last year.

Boss is limited... not concerned if you can't move the ball down the field with a deep threat as Bey is hurt too.

They still have a lot of speed at Wideout.

What tells you the Raiders aren't worse than last year since they barely scraped by the Broncos, an abysmal team last year, while the Bills annihilated a 10-6 Chiefs team from last year in their place?

Comparative scores are absolutely meaningless. Matchups are the key to victories.

I disagree... the Raiders can't stretch the field, and Campbell just doesn't have the horses to pull it off. We'll be stacking the box all day long and they won't be able to catch up. While Cassel looked awful, the absence of legitimate targets makes Campbell awful tomorrow.

That remains to be seen, and it's the reason they bother to play the games. I do think The Bills will stack the box though. Stopping their running game is job 1.

Go Bills!

Edited by Nanker