The Bills have a TE

1B4IDie

I suspect as long as he stays healthy he may continue to beat one one ones with LBs.

Now if they start adding safety help. Welcome, Roscoe, Donald Jones, and Stevie to some huge games.

Oh oh!

With that Rucker switch-a-roo, Looks like Buddy might use those early bed times to his advantage. The early Nix, gets the Chandler.

This reuniting old Chargers may not be so bad after all.

I still don't buy that they were really targeting Chandler when they tried to sign Rucker. But who cares?

And he'll certainly garner extra attention. When a guy catches 5 passes for 63 yards and 2 TD's, you take notice, especially when he's 6'7" and 263#.

Worth noting the Oakland safeties are banged up. I definitely see them keying on Chandler and opening things up downfield for Jones.

or to Nelson. Nelson is turning out to be my favorite player on offense...very unassuming, but makes the clutch catches to keep the chains moving...Nelson is very underrated and will emerge into a very consistent player like a Hines Ward or Wes Welker.

or to Nelson. Nelson is turning out to be my favorite player on offense...very unassuming, but makes the clutch catches to keep the chains moving...Nelson is very underrated and will emerge into a very consistent player like a Hines Ward or Wes Welker.

I agree, I think Nelson is a key component of our offense. He seems to have sure hands and conduct himself well on the field.

Maybe NOW the Bills marketing department will get going on those jerseys! B-)

Sam....er....Scott is getting some notice beyond The BuffTown - Rodney McKissic (Buffalo News) wrote a great piece that was picked up by the Boston Herald...

Link - Scott Chandler’s day is a revelation for Bills

And there was this nice bit of work by AP reporter and TBD regular, the incomparable John Wawrow...

Link - TE Chandler’s drive paying off for Bills

And while I'm not really that focused on stats - particularly after one game -

Scott Chandler - 5 REC/63 YDs/2 TDs

Zach Miller - 2 REC/19 YDs/0 TDs

(WEO must be awfully busy deleting all his Chandler-bashing posts during the weeks leading up the season-opener.)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

post-2970-071492100 1316111695_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Sam....er....Scott is getting some notice beyond The BuffTown Rodney McKissic (Buffalo News) wrote a great piece that was picked up by the Boston Herald...

And there was this nice bit of work by AP reporter and TBD regular, the incomparable John Wawrow...

(WEO must be awfully busy deleting all his Chandler-bashing posts during the weeks leading up the season-opener.)

No way, he thinks too highly of himself to even realize he may have been wrong.

I suspect as long as he stays healthy he may continue to beat one one ones with LBs.

Now if they start adding safety help. Welcome, Roscoe, Donald Jones, and Stevie to some huge games.

Oh oh!

With that Rucker switch-a-roo, Looks like Buddy might use those early bed times to his advantage. The early Nix, gets the Chandler.

yep

Oh oh!

Comeon You have to do it for more than one game for you to say they have a TE now. You can't expect him with his one catch in his career(coming in this game), that The chiefs considered him someone they had to be concerned about. NOw after this game teams are more aware of him now. Lets see what he does when teaams account for him. His best attribute seems to be he 6'7. Again I don't think that enough and I think this week numbers and his season numbers will reflect that fact.

Comeon You have to do it for more than one game for you to say they have a TE now. You can't expect him with his one catch in his career(coming in this game), that The chiefs considered him someone they had to be concerned about. NOw after this game teams are more aware of him now. Lets see what he does when teaams account for him. His best attribute seems to be he 6'7. Again I don't think that enough and I think this week numbers and his season numbers will reflect that fact.

You just made my point for me.

The Gayders have to account for Chandler.

Before Week 1 Defenses didn't have to account for a TE.

I can tell you're a real Raider fan.

You just made my point for me.

The Gayders have to account for Chandler.

Before Week 1 Defenses didn't have to account for a TE.

I can tell you're a real Raider fan.

Again it really depends on what they have to use on him to account for him. If they can get away with a LB than is it as big a deal. If they need something more than it becomes alot bigger deal.

Again it really depends on what they have to use on him to account for him. If they can get away with a LB than is it as big a deal. If they need something more than it becomes alot bigger deal.

You sir are correct.

Can't wait til Sunday.

Lets see if Chandler can put together a good performance now that he is on the Raiders radar

It doesn't really matter if he puts together a good performance as much as it matters that the Raiders defense has to account for a TE now, where 2 weeks ago the strategy would have been different.

im as pumped about the 9/11 game as anybody. and tempering my excitement can be difficult...but let's let chandler string together a few games before we anoint him. as excited as i am about this 1st win i know in the back of my head anything can happen the next 16 weeks, even only another 2 tds for chandler all season. not to mention the fact that we where destined to win on sunday. we are ny's only real team, we are red white and blue playing on 9-11. i know the chiefs are the color of firemen but america+site of 9-11 > a team that looks like firemen. in okc people keep saying the jets where destined to win v. the cowboys, but really the jets are the devil. no team with an airplane name should ever win a game in remembrance of a terrorist attack involving airplanes.

sorry for the tangent, but this logic is infallible

The under the radar thing occurred to me as well, but I think there is more to it. We finally have a coaching staff willing to use the TE for more than blocking, and a QB who can take advantage of the position. Chandler put himself where he needed to be, Fitz hit him in the numbers, and we gained yardage. That's more than we can say about any TE we've had in recent memory. I think Chandler will be a legitimate weapon this season, if I'm wrong I guess we'll find out Sunday. GO BILLS!

Sam....er....Scott is getting some notice beyond The BuffTown Rodney McKissic (Buffalo News) wrote a great piece that was picked up by the Boston Herald...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Chandler to the Prp Bpwl!!! And still efforting those Sam Chandler jerseys, that @#$%$#@ Bills marketing department.